We stayed at this hotel in September 2012 and after just returning from this years holiday in Spain (which was brilliant) it has actually prompted me to write my review on this hotel- as it highlighted even more so how awful our stay was.
My parents paid for this holiday in Rhodes for myself and my partner as a joint birthday gift. Also, they all knew (I didn't) that my partner was going to propose so you get the idea. What was supposed to be an amazing gift, and also a memory that you only get once hopefully... getting engaged, was as good as we could make it with the fact that we were staying in a hotel where we were treated like an inconvenience.
What I assume was the manager, appeared to humor us for having the cheek to stay there. We are both 25, not 16 like he seemed to think. We like to pay for things as we go, and not run up a huge surprise bill- not because we are poor people who are not worthy of staying in his hotel- which is exactly how he made us feel- but because we like to know what we are spending- not that we need to explain ourselves or be treated like stupid children for doing so.
We did not know that the coffee in the room was not complimentary. However, we did not dispute having to pay for it or care that we had to. My partner went to reception to pay for some room service we had had, the bill was far more than what we expected. The man at reception said it was because of coffee. My partner misunderstood and thought he meant that we had ordered coffees that we hadn't, as he didn't consider the coffee maker in the room. The receptionist got his manager who looked at my partner like my partner was trying to con him, smiled smugly and said "sir, you drank the coffee, you need to pay for it." In such a derogatory manner as if he was trying to get out of paying for it. Down right rude.
Our safe in our room broke. My partner went to reception. The female receptionist said we have to wait for the maintenance man. They had no idea when the maintenance man was going to turn up but said probably in the evening. That was it. When my partner told me this I phoned reception and asked if there was anything else she could do. She said no. I said so we now cannot leave the room for a day without leaving all our valuables lying around. After a debate she eventually said we can use the locker safe behind the desk at reception free of charge- like she was doing us a favor- imagine if she didn't... we waited 3 days for the room safe to be fixed!
The general impression we got from the staff and what I assume was the management was that we were not welcome there and didn't deserve any kind of polite treatment. That the only interest they have are in people with lots of money to feed into the hotel. The manager even sniggered at our final bill because it was for something stupid like 20 euros- as we had paid for everything else as we went along.
I just applaud the fact that their business is in the hospitality industry- yet they can't even grasp basic customer service- looking down your nose at your guests is probably not the best way to get happy customers... and they deserve to be sniggered at in return for not knowing how to do their job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the island's most privileged location, it is set in the heart of Rhodes' most popular sandy beach near the Aquarium, minutes away from Rhodes city, next to the Casino and a small distance from the Medieval City, Castle of the Knights and Ancient Ruins. Perfectly positioned, it is one of the very few hotels of the island that combines the benefit of proximity to Rhodes town, for those who seek to take advantage of the city life or explore the attractions of the Medieval town, with the comforts and all round hospitality provided by a first class hotel on the beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mediterranean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Rhodes Town
- Mediterranean Rhodes Town
- Hotel Mediterranean Rhodes, Greece