We were prepared to be disappointed when we got to the Mediterranean Hotel after reading comments by others.
Our experience was positive throughout.
The hotel is more of a modern design in classic big hotel style with a large lobby. Check in was smooth and quick and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of our room and bath. Both quite spacious along with a couple of side chairs, a desk and desk chair and mini-bar refrigerator. Our room was a double sea view, nothing special. We had difficulty getting the lights to work. In typical European fashion you need to put your key card in a device inside the room to turn on the electricity - except the key was not a key card but rather a heavy old fashioned key and fob. What to do? We couldn't figure it out, called the front desk and they said that the fob had a magnet and it needed to be placed on the electrical device inside the door. Simple enough, but the front desk forgot to tell us - a bit frustrating.
The internet is only available on the first floor complementary- otherwise a fairly expensive charge. The breakfast was more than adequate, quite a variety of foods, breads, deserts etc. No one should be unhappy with the breakfast served here. Much better than most hotels and waiters pour your coffee etc. My only complaint (and this was true throughout Greece) was the absolutely awful watered down fruit juices. We expected wonderful orange juice in this part of the world - wrong. The location of the hotel couldn't have been much better. Out the door and you are on the beach. Walk to the right and in moments you are at the harbor and then just a short ways further you arrive at Old Town and The Grand Masters Palace. You could spend all of your time in Old Town. It is worth the visit to Rhodes alone. Additionally, out the door, to the right and in a short block or two you are in Rhodes. Restaurants and mini-markets abound. They very nicely extended our checkout time by two hours without charge.
You will most likely enjoy the Mediterranean Hotel.
I would give it 5 stars if the internet was included in the room and the juice was better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the island's most privileged location, it is set in the heart of Rhodes' most popular sandy beach near the Aquarium, minutes away from Rhodes city, next to the Casino and a small distance from the Medieval City, Castle of the Knights and Ancient Ruins. Perfectly positioned, it is one of the very few hotels of the island that combines the benefit of proximity to Rhodes town, for those who seek to take advantage of the city life or explore the attractions of the Medieval town, with the comforts and all round hospitality provided by a first class hotel on the beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mediterranean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Rhodes Town
- Mediterranean Rhodes Town
- Hotel Mediterranean Rhodes, Greece