Capsis Hotel Rhodes
Dionysos Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$43
$350
Hotel Mediterranean(Rhodes Town)
$89
  • Beachfront
Nathalie Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis City Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$45
$86
$114
$106
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2011

After reading the negative reviews I had concerns. I went with my girlfriend for 8 days. I am very surprised. The hotel can not have 5 stars, but it is very good. I really enjoyed it. The pool and surroundings cleaned daily. Staff always smiling. Room cleaned every day. Access tunnel to the beach from the hotel. I can only attach to the elevators, which do not always run as they should. Fortunately, with 4 floors quickly descends the stairs:) Overall, I highly recommend as for this price. I would go there again!

3  Thank Cristofer7
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed at the the Capsis for 1 week. Would definitly go back. Not 5* but still really nice.I was a bit worried when I read the negative reviews, but was pleasently sursprised. So do not take notice of those who moan about the food and staff.

There are a few minor issues with the hotel. The elevators are a bit slow and unpredictable, button lights are permanently on or don’t come on at all. Some don’t go to the eighth floor. This was reported to reception but nothing was done.

The rooms of the hotel are a little tired and in need of renovation. Our room in particular had quite thin walls and although our neighbours in the room were not excessively noisy we could hear everything that was said. The doors have still have a physical key and no internal lock and no security safe in the room. Although separate safety deposit boxes were supplied at an exorbitant cost €18 Euros for 24 hours as was the Wi-Fi internet connection at €20. There are some computers in the huge lobby available to use at €1 per 12 minutes. TV was a joke. 5-6 channels most of them Greek, the only English speaking channel was BBC world news. With satellite TV nowadays there is no excuse to have such poor service. I think they are also missing a trick by not having a pay TV service where you can watch a film if you want to.

The positive points numerous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.The food variation is probably the best I’ve seen and tasted at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The endless supplies of food and drink were amazing. The sea is just across the road. They even have a tunnel/underpass to prevent you crossing the road. Although dated the hotel is very clean . " lovely pools, one with fresh water and the with sea water. Plenty of sunbeds and never had any problem finding one.

There is a bar in the main lobby. I have never seen bar staff work as hard with the endless supply of all inclusive drinks. I have seen the bar staff take several different orders from several different people and serve them all at once. I’d say the hardest workers in the hotel Amazing. There are a further two bars There is an ‘Animation Crew’ which put on events and try to keep the guests entertained. Not my scene but if you want to get involved there is that option.
Myself and my husband did walk to Rhodes Old Town Centre which took us 45mins, but the walk was along the coastline and was really beautiful.

The only problem with all inclusive holidays it tends to make you less adventurous about eating out and experiencing the local entertainment. We ventured out to a local bar nearby called The Surf Bar. They had a rock band playing called The Time Machine who incidentally were amazing and well worth our venture out. They play every Wednesday and Friday evening from 9pm.

The only downer of the whole trip was having to leave and the journey back to the UK with Ryan Air.

For more posts and trips to places I have visited please visit my Blog http://driveawayray-travel-ideas.blogspot.com

Room Tip: Contact Andrea the Reservations Manager and ask for a High Floor room with Sea View.
3  Thank Monkeytree1
Reviewed September 11, 2011

A bit tatty in places, lifts terrible, 5 lifts for 9 floors, often waited more than 10 minutes, We were on 7th floor, 3 lifts with button 7 broken, so could effectively only use 2 lifts, or go to floor 6 or 8 and walk up or down. Fine if you are fit and healthy, otherwise not so good.
Dining room a bit like a cattle market, food very samey. We got up from out table to get dessert, leaving our drinks on table, on return, table cleared and others sitting there! No other tables available, when I spoke to waiter, was told 'Iam busy go away.'
One day, there was a Wedding taking place, so one of main pools and half of another main pool was all decked out with wedding tables and chairs, meaning we couldn't get around one pool at all and other pool was seriously packed.
All- inclusive Bar stops at 11pm and drinks become seriously expensive. Telephone in room didn't work internally so forget phoning room service, housekeeping, reception etc. Oh, one other thing, a couple who had a late check out due to late flight, were charged 50 Euros, so beware of this excessive charge.
On a positive note, Rhodes is beautiful, just choose another Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get ground floor room
3  Thank JulianaSussexUK
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Got to the hotel and went to check in, no hello. Bit moody. Got given key a sheet with meal times an told wer to go. Got a sea view room which needed a refurb but the view made up for it. Had a tiny balcony. Good pools, beach seconds away plenty of poolside entertainment but night time entertainment was shockingly embarrising. Not much to actually do at night unless you go to rhodes. Hotel staff and holiday makers wer mainly eastern european and food was for their taste. Plenty of salad, spag bol twice an day every day an chips wer the same. In all good if your a young couple dnt really mind the room and not so tasty food but u want 5 star luxury go down the road.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank N9vose
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were very worried about staying at the Capsis Hotel after looking at so many bad reviews. In our party there were two adults and two children. On arrival we were greeted by two reception staff whom were very polite and helpful. We were allocated a very small room with a double bed and one single and had to ring reception to ask for another bed. The staff were very quick to respond and sent up a put up bed. However the following day we felt that the room was far too small to stay in for two weeks, so we went down to reception and asked to see the manager and were asked to come back later when he started work. After seeing the manager we were located to a family room which was fab with a lovely sea view. The hotel food is okay, the chefs work very hard to cater for so many people and do not get enough credit!! The day time and evening entertainment is very good, the animation team work very hard to please everyone, and work many hours. Lori from the entertainment team was fantastic with our two children! The hotel could do with a Refurbish as things are a little shabby in places, the bedrooms mainly. Furthermore the hotel was packed out and a little too busy for me but the children loved it. Over all I would rate this hotel a 3* and good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family