My wife and I holidayed in Rhodes (Atrium Platinum, Ixia) in early June and after visiting Rhodes Town and loving it we decided to book a hotel in the town itself for late August. Researching the internet and using trip advisor we decided on Rodos Park.
Having booked many quality hotels in the past for our holiday needs, we were both disappointed with this hotel. We always book standard rooms which offer the same quality as the more expensive rooms but may be a little smaller and minus a good view. Being advertised a small luxury hotel I was expecting about the same at Rodos Park.
We had room 319; the bedroom was fair but nothing luxurious about it, I would give it a 4 star status. The bathroom was ridiculously small and it`s decor was tired and damaged in places. The bath was old with a lack of shine to the glazing.
One day I had a bath, but the plug wouldn`t come out on completion, it had to stay full until morning. This happened again later in the week. the following morning the plug mysteriously disappeared.
The view from the balcony was good (archaeological site) or bad (back of scruffy looking flats) depending on which way you looked.
There was no wifi in the room and the television was frustratingly slow and unresponsive with only one English channel (BBC world news) There were snacks and a mini bar, but the prices were to prohibitively high to make them useful.
The hotel itself does have a quality feel about it, this includes the pool area, the pool bar area and the roof top cocktail bar.
We couldn`t access the pool bar area for 3 days because it had been set up for a Greek music event, (which as a hotel guest we were not invited unless we paid 36 Euro) Although we wouldn`t have used it much, the snack/food prices were ridiculously high, especially when you can walk 10 minutes down the road to the old town and enjoy a better cheaper selection there.
Breakfast is american style so don`t expect your typical British fare. You can order fried eggs or an omlette, but you will have to wait quite a while for them to arrive, I waited 25 minutes for my fried eggs. The cereal selection is very poor. This small hotel has to cater for all continental tastes and there was plenty of alternatives if you prefer.
All staff were nice, friendly and helpful, as I find most Greek people are.
I really wanted to like this hotel considering the location, but the room and the ridiculous prices let it down for me. We always expect to pay a little more at a good hotel, but the prices were to silly. As the better half said "16 euros for a beefburger and it doesn`t even come with chips"
We will definitely be going back to Rhodes town but I don`t think we will be using this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the most beautiful spot of the town, surrounded by green parks and next to the medieval city, the renovated 5 star Rodos Park Suites & Spa, offers the true sense of hospitality. All 59 rooms & suites have the signature of personalized service and elegant style. Equal to every challenge its dining options combine the culinary splendor whereas at the wellness spa you can discover the exceptional world of well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodos Park Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodos Park Hotel Rhodes Town
- Rodos Park Suites And Spa
- Rhodes Hotel Rodos Park
- Rodos Park Suites & Spa Rhodes, Greece