“Modern Greek food cook very well”

Golden Olympiade Peridis Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 476 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We decided on this restaurant because of its menu & very nice layout, tables under a huge ficus tree in Rhodes Old Town.
As a chef i"'m often disappointed while on holiday trying to get a descent cooked meal.
The food here was very well cooked in a modern Greek style, quality ingredients used intelligently in a sea of tourist trap straight out of the freezer places.
I check the negative reviews after the meal just to see.
The bad reviews seem to have enjoyed the food but felt ripped off at the price.
As a chef I know the real cost of quality food & the cost of skilled chefs to cook it.
Food costs! & the public & press are only just waking up to the reality.
If on holiday you are focused on cheap as chips food this is not the place for you.
If you want quality ingredients cooked with skill & care look no further.

5  Thank Darren A

Reviewed August 15, 2014

The service is terrible with at least 10 waitresses walking around without taking care of the customers.

The food was ok except the fries which were terrible.

The price is very expensive for the value you get. Ususally everywhere we got a fruit plate for free. It is not the case.

Avoid this restaurant.

2  Thank jetuilnoustoons
Reviewed August 7, 2014

After spending 1 week in Rhodes town, this was by far the best restaurant we visited. I really can't get my head around the bad reviews. The location is amazing, in the centre of old town but not to loud or busy. Food was fresh and cooked amazingly. Lots of fresh fish and different meats available. lots of traditional Greek food available and presented well.
spacious seating areas, very clean with lots of beautiful plants surrounding.
Portions were smaller than what we are used to in England, however both me and my partner were surprisingly full afterwards. When I ordered salad, the waiter did warn us in would be quite small. A lot of other places had similar prices, but bulked out the portion with chips or nasty salad like what you'd get from with a takeaway.

Staff were friendly but not overbearing. Didn't feel pressured to enter the restaurant like we did at other places. Didn't feel pressured into wine, in fact we both had water and they didn't bat an eye lid. Didn't ignore us after mains were finished, although this is common in Rhodes, I think it might be so you don't feel rushed to leave. Dessert was available.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stopped at the little square in Rhodos town for a dinner. We expected it to be the typical tourist food (low quality and high price) but this little restaurant was actually fairly good with ok prices (of course a little higher than normal).
The waiters were very friendly (maybe it helped that one in our party spoke greek) and helpful. Some of the plates were a little small (especially from the starters) but it all tasted very good.
The restaurant sort of have a little problem of knowing if it is a luxury restaurant or a greek taverna. The plates with greek bifteki and souvlaki looked like something from a tavern, but the more "expensive" (but still traditional) main courses were served on nice plates and garnishing as they do at a more fashionable restaurant.

However taking in account the nice ambience of the restaurant and the fairly affordable prices within the walls of Rhodes I must say this is better than an average restaurant.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The place looks wonderful but my overall impression was T E R R I B L E and I will explain why. We ordered a portion of fried kalamari which contained 4 pieces and cost 8,5€ and one portion of sardines which contained two and I repeat TWO sardines for the price of 7,5€! I complained politely about the size of the portions and the answer was even worse: "I understand that the portions are small, but imagine that I noted down that it was for Greeks (!) the portions for the foreign tourists are even smaller !!!" I told him that they should be ashamed of themselves and then he started being defensive saying that the sardines and the kalamari were fresh and not frozen when we all know that it is not the case and so on and so forth... Although we liked the place and the food was not bad, I would never go back because they should learn to respect their customers, from whom they earn a living! I feel deeply ashamed!

1  Thank gourmet_traveller31