Moschos Hotel
$97
$89
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Belair Beach Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$49
$173
$163
Hotel Mediterranean(Rhodes Town)
$90
$85
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Dionysos Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$44
$43
$201
$191
Travelocity
Agla Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$54
$48
  • Beachfront
Sylvia Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$41
$37
Oceanis Hotel(Rhodes Town)
$76
$67
  • Breakfast included
Sirene Beach Hotel(Rhodes Town)
$89
$84
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are cleanold townspent nightsan enjoyable stayi highly recommend this hotelthe location is perfectcouple of nightstaxi rankwithin walking distancereceptionrhodescleanlinesseurosluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked a room for the night through booking.com about 35 euro for a double.
The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting the old town (about a 5 min walk) it is in the shopping area, so great for that too - the beach is about 10 min walk.
Our room was clean and better than the one we were staying in near Pefkos.
The staff were friendly enough - there Is a small sitting area outside the back which is nice for a city hotel.
The bed was comfy and there was toiletries in the bathroom and we slep really well - the room we had was quiet.
There's lot's of places to eat and drink you will be spoiled for choice. Shop around though because prices can vary quite a lot. We found a lovely coffee shop at the bottom of the road on the way to the beach where the locals sat and the frappe was half price to that of places in the old town and much nicer.
The old town is beautiful by day and night and I think a must do whilst in Rhodes.
We drove up from Pefkos and was given a free parking permit at the hotel. We parked in a designated area but when we retuned to pick our car up the next day we had a parking fine 30 or 40 euro I think - we went back to the hotel but they could not tell us why we had a ticket so was sent to the town hall to be then sent to the police station - so all this was a bit stressful - we eventually got it sorted, no one seemed to know why we had got the ticket and it was ripped up - luckily my partner can speak a bit of Greek otherwise I think we would have been charged.
We would stay here again -

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat D
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Moschos in Rhodes Town on Rhodes during my recent two week tour of the greek islands and turkey. I had been browsing all the major booking sites looking for a nice hotel in my price range (30 to at most 50 euro per night). I was considering a few places located within the old city itself, but now that i've actually been there, im glad i didn't. The old town is a rat's maze of narrow & winding streets and trying to find a new hotel there when you are fresh off the boat would have been near impossible, and forget about a taxi in the old town. As an aside, much of rhodes-town (new and old) is rough cobblestones, so that those tourists intending to drag a roll-along bag to their hotel are in for a nightmare. I took a backpack and a convertible carry-on bag (converts to a backpack). With one on my back and one on my front, i was able to navigate the streets easily.

Now, back to hotel moschos. At first, it was out of my price range - 80-something euros for 2 nights, but one morning it popped up at 48 euros for 2 nights (24 euro/night - by far the cheapest rhodes hotel i had seen). So i snagged it and prepaid and locked in the rate. I found out after i arrived that it had been a price mistake on their part, and it was my booking that had alerted them to the mistake and it was quickly corrected. So good luck to the rest of you trying to find a good rate at Moschos. The hotel is nice, definitely above average for a greek tourist hotel. Its in the new-part of Rhodes town, surrounded by upscale shops, but that means it also has a very lively night-scene. Couples, families and tourists wandering the streets, eating ice cream & window-shopping. Its also just 2 blocks from the main bus terminal in rhodes town -- means that when you want to hop a bus to the beach or another part of the island, its right there. Elli Beach (pebbly but good) is 5 minutes away on foot and Rhodes Old Town is 5 minutes away on foot in the other direction. Great location!

However, the streets of rhodes new-town are also a bit confusing for a newcomer, and its quite far from the newest, biggest ferry port. So, if you are arriving by ferry (and there's not another port east of you) DEFINITELY get a taxi. I was using my phone's gps, but it had a false reading that led me to believe i was much closer to the hotel, so i decided to hump it. Big mistake. It took close to an hour to get there (including getting lost).

Most of the rooms in the hotel have a balcony facing the front street or the back alley. However, i was made to pay for my price mistake by being given room 306. This room faced out the side of the hotel. My balcony was barely 2 feet wide by 4 feet long -- enough to squeeze out there and sit on a stool. My view was of a blank wall of the building next door with a 1" slice of sky above and likewise a 1" slice of the back alley behind. So, when booking, make sure to confirm your room number does not end in "06" - i saw a similar balcony above me, so im guessing the "06" rooms all have this similar view. Other than that, the hotel was quite nice. The room was clean, well-appointed and gave the impression of having been recently renovated. The bathroom was somewhat spacier than average and even included a real shower (instead of the typical-greek handheld showerhead). No wifi in the rooms, only in the breakfast room/common area downstairs. Not even on the outdoor breakfast patio (which was very annoying, it was the best place to eat breakfast, but i like to check emails in the morning too). The staff were very friendly and helpful, even congratulating me on taking advantage of their price mistake (yeah, well, you stuck it to me with the room!). Oh, and breakfast was only 4 euros - very fair price, since 6 euro seems standard now. Breakfast fare was pure standard -- filter coffee (i asked for and received refills), greek yogurt (honey provided when i asked for it), hard boiled egg, slice of cheese and indeterminate luncheon meat (ick), a glass of juice (orange?), croissant, bread roll & jam. Basic & filling.

ALSO, for tourists on a budget, rhodes can be expensive. For quick, cheap, filling & tasty meals, i HIGHLY recommend STEKI FAST FOOD near the bus station. They're just about always crowded with locals (and thats a good sign). For 2.50 euro you get a well-stuffed gyros with fries, sauce & veggies. I also splurged my second night and got their "BEEFTEKI" (hamburger) with fried egg and bacon - WOW. Awesome. Greeks don't eat much beef, so you do have to go out of your way to get it and that hamburger really satisfied my cravings. Take the food away to save little bit (they only have stools anyway), walk across the street to the park and sit on a bench. You'll soon be joined by a crowd of wild cats hoping to share your dinner! :)

Just to sum up hotel moschos. For 24 euro a night, it was a fantastic deal. If you're quoted 40 euro a night, i would keep looking for something equivalent at a better price, but you can always keep moschos in mind as a safe back up.

If you are arriving by ferry, don't try to walk to the hotel - get a taxi. Its a lot farther than it looks and the streets are confusing to newcomers.

Room Tip: My balcony was microscopic and faced a blank wall, avoid room 306 (or any 06 room).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ted B
moschos_hotel, Manager at Moschos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Sir,

thank you for taking up some time to write a review for our hotel. We thank you also for your kind words pointing out some of the benefits and features of Hotel Moschos. I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with the room you got, as explained by our staff on site, you had a single room booking and at the point of your arrival there was not double rooms for single occupancy availability.
After much request, I can also let you know that starting from the 2014 summer season, the entire hotel is offering free wifi throughout the hotel (rooms, lounge, and patio).
Thank you again for your detailed review. We always appreciate when guests offer us valuable information to improve our services.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We really loved our stay in Moschos while vacationing in Rhodes. The owner was very friendly, warming and accommodating with us. The staff was friendly as well. The room was perfect and comfortable. The service was very efficient and we loved the location of the hotel. It is really closed to everything. We highly recommended this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosana R
moschos_hotel, Manager at Moschos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Hallo and thank you for your kind words
We hope to see you again at some time in the future!! Take care!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time stay at the Moschos but it will now become our hotel of choice whenever in Rhodes. The service on arrival was excellent with a friendly greeting and efficient service. We could only stay one night but on departure we met Horoula who explained she does whatever she can to help her guests, in our case this was looking after our luggage all day and storing food in the commercial fridges. We have recommend the hotel to friends already and will be booking in for our return journey home. The hotel is only a few minutes walk to the harbour and ten minutes to the old town.

Room Tip: Room 410 is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Uzlot

Hallo and thank you for your kind words,
we always try our best to meet each and every guest's needs whether the stay is for just a day or two weeks. Rhodes Town is a beautiful place and we wish that your visit is pleasurably memorable. We really hope to see you again in the following years.
Charoula

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayd there for one night and felt very welcome by the friendly staff. The location is great-close to restaurants and beach and old town Rhodos. Rooms were small but neat and clean. We were two girls traveling alone and felt very safe to walk around at night.

• Stayed: May 2013