“"A Must see , and A MUST Do"”
Review of Walking Rhodes - Day Tours - CLOSED

Walking Rhodes - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a unique opportunity to take a walking holiday on the fascinating island of Rhodes Greece. Join our team of trained, knowledgeable and experienced walking leaders that will take you along paths known only to a few of the locals. Contrasting landscapes, an opportunity to experience Greek culture and a wealth of history on this beautiful island bathed in sunshine for most of the year.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visiting Rhodes Old town was an amazing experience. Seeing the Wonders of Greek culture and hospitality. The old cobbled streets and markets, were an awesome place to spend some of your pennies for souvenirs.

Going around the fountain area, is indeed a very busy place yet an amazing experience, watching all the tourist getting busy and merry especially the bars around it,

We hired a car for the day, and we drove to the Town. I recommend not to go with tour agents, just GO BY BUS OR HIRE A CAR..SO YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANNA DO, RATHER THAN MESS AROUND WITH YOUR ROUTINES, AND IT'S ALSO CHEAPER :)

1  Thank Angel B

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Don't book an excursion it's cheaper just to get the bus and your free them to do what you want, from boat trips or just experiencing the old town. A must trip!

2  Thank scartwright28
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've booked two trips with the company. The booking was prompt and easy. They picked up me at the hotel and with two other clients brought us to the starting point of the walk. The walks were easy to moderate through sidewalks, picturesque villages, hills, canyons and beaches. The guides were knowledgeable and courteous. It was very good active holiday for me.

4  Thank Mark188644
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Instead of being cooped up in a hotel while my husband was busy with his conference, I wanted to experience Rhodes . The Walking Rhodes tours seemed to be just the right option. and how right I was!! Before our trip, I was in regular consultation with my walking guide, Richard, who helped me with everything from choice of tour according to my walking experience and fitness, what i would need to bring, clothes, footwear... at all times he was helpful and gave very useful and practical suggestions. On the big day itself, it was pretty hot (something Richard had warned me about) but I was really excited! Richard arrived at my hotel right on time and took me to the starting point of our walk almost an hour's drive away. The walk was at once tough (for a newbie like me!) and enjoyable! The heat was there but Richard was very attentive and supportive with stops for rest in the shade at regular intervals. The route I had chosen was in itself not breathtaking although it was lovely, but the conversation and historical inputs Richard kept giving me certainly breathed life into the experience! I came back exhilarated at having completed 8km of the 9km walk. I felt I had connected with the place I visited which is just what I had wanted, and for the rest of the trip I regaled my husband with my newly acquired knowledge of Rhodes! My only regret is that because I had forgotten to charge my camera i could not take as many pictures of the lovely Greek Orthodox church and the other sights I saw on the tour. I definitely would recommend this tour for someone who doesn't want see just touristy things in Rhodes!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked a five-day easy to moderate walking tour with Walking Rhodes and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were picked up at our hotel and driven to and from the walks and also given a daily packed lunch for our walks. The team were very flexible and seamlessly modified the walking programme to suit our abilities and needs - a very big Thank You again to Stephen for giving us the option of being driven down the mountain. It was no trouble to him to walk down the mountain again to the car and drive it up to us, all while we after our ascent were enjoying an ice-cold frappe at the shady restaurant near the top! Phil and Richard were great guides, very friendly and knowledgeable, and looked after us well - many thanks again for taking us to such beautiful places and being such good company.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Ginijan
DSW25, Owner at Walking Rhodes - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing to take your walking holiday with Walking Rhodes, we all enjoyed walking in your company. We always try and make the walking routes suit everybody's walking ability, we are so happy that our little changes to the routes made your walking holiday more enjoyable.
Thank you for your kind words, Stephen