“Not so exceptional”

Ancient Flame
Ranked #17 of 38 Dessert in Rhodes Town
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, International, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant-Pizzeria-grill house.We are located in the city center, near the aquarium.We have a nice atmosphere.Our waiters are polite and smiling and always willing to help.Come and try our excellent traditional Greek cuisine, outstanding dishes with our fresh meat, chicken and fish, beautifully adorned with various trimmings.Also do not forget our excellent pasta and our fresh pizza. Try us, i'ts worth it! You will be satisfied!
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I ate here last night, but to be honest, I wasn't impressed. Also, I asked specifically for an omelette with mushrooms (since I'm trying not to eat meat), and they brought me one with ham anyway, no idea how this mistake was made. The personnel was kind, but with one of them it was clear that it wasz very fake, since he never even listened to the answers to his questions. Anyway, I think the food in general is quite good here, as what I saw from other people's plate, but my experience was not so special.

Date of visit: May 2013

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had our meal at Ancient Flame in our first night in Rhodes and I have to say that I was very pleased with the food, the quality of the service and with the price. We had the mixed grill for 2 and 2 drinks, we paid less than 30 euros for this. The food was very good, the service was quick and customer orientated. Moreover, we had a very good salad as a starter, a drink from the house each and ice cream for 2 at the end of our meal, all of these for free. There is a wide range of choices on the menu and the staff is very pleasant. I will not hesitate to recommend this place.

Date of visit: August 2012
3  Thank ThorUK
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have visited Ancient Flame 3 times during a holiday june 2012. The staff is very friendly, the food is very good an is delivered in no time to fair prices.

Date of visit: June 2012
1  Thank Lena52_12
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My family and I have been to Rhodes several times, and Ancient Flame is one of our top three restaurants to eat. We are always greated as old friends, since we have been coming back for several years. I first visited A.F. in 2005, and will go again this June! Looking forward to good food, good service and good value for moeny!

Date of visit: May 2011
2  Thank ronita67
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have visited Ancient Flame a few times while I've been holidaying on Rhodes.
The atmosphere is calm and welcoming.
The staff have a good sense of humor and they take very good care of their regular customers.

The food is well made and very good. I'll definitely recommend their roast lamb and gyros special. You get a lot of food for your money - sometimes a little too much carbohydrates with both potatoes, fries/chips and rice. But the food is still very good!

It's located sort of in the middle of Rhodes city - in an area with many other restaurants. It's easy to find and the restaurant is not too big or small - just the right size for a cosy, familiar meal. :)

Ancient Flame is a restaurant I - with no doubt - will visit again!

Date of visit: August 2011