“Great location - close to everything.”

Amphitryon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #63 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I found that the hotel was clean, and fresh with the rooms having the basic needs all set out. The first night we did have a bigger room facing the street, but found the noise from the street traffic and neighbourhood was disturbing. We asked for a room change and they said they were able to accommodate us, if we wanted to take a smaller room. We went for it and glad we did.
The restaurant area, with the breakfast buffet was well laid out, fabulous wait staff and just loved the maitre'd Nikos.
We were able to walk to EVERYTHING from the hotel, and even went across the street to Zeus Rental and rented a scooter one day, and a car another. Reasonably priced and great service. Use them for sure.

Room Tip: Most rooms have single beds that they push together to make a double bed - not great if you are a co...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week at end of September. Location is excellent for Rhodes town. If you like medditranian food the meals are very good as well. Like most Greek hotels the cooked breakfast is not designed to stay warm and forget your morning cup of tea unless your really desperate but the fresh fruit olives, bread yoghurt etc really make up for this lack.
What really makes this hotel though is the staff. Reception can't do enough for you and are very friendly. Nicos and his team in the restaurant are also amazingly good at looking after you. Even the maids greet you with a smile and a few good words.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My self and my husband stayed here for 14 nights in September
The room we where given at first had a bad view it looked like a bomb site and no balcony
We asked for a different room as our paper work advised city view with balcony we where advised none of the junior suites have city view. We then where offered a different room to move to the next day. We had paid for a junior suit but we only got offered standard double as a change with no refund in the difference.
This did have balcony not a great views as looked onto road.
In all the staff where very friendly and helpful.
There was a good choice of food some times a little cold.

Room Tip: Higher floors less noise and pool views
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I shared a four-day stay with my colleagues and found it the great place to rest and have my work organised before my meetings. I have immediately been assisted on anything I asked for, from having breakfast served in my room to printing presentations and having an appointment set at the hairdresser's before an important presentation.
The pool bar is just an oasis in the heart of the town and the staff is constantly available to assist its clients. The cuisine varies from mediterranean to international and is super tasty! Taking a shower in this hotel is a unique experience; it almost feels like one is being embraced by rocks!
All important spots in the town are at a close reach from the hotel allowing for easy and quick access even at high season, either by car or on feet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Theodora A
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one week 7th-14th Septmber half board. The hotel is clean and tidy, with a fresh minimalist feel and all the staff are very friendly.

Our room was on the third floor overlooking the street. Despite a little noise from the vehicles outside and the bars across the street (until midnight at weekends) we both had a pleasant nights sleep. The rooms are very simplistic and I would agree with other reviews that there is little storage space, but this really depends on how much you pack! The rooms obviously don't quite match the website photos as these have been dressed up. However, everything is brand new including the bedding. There were even a few tags left on some of the fixtures in the bathroom!

Being half board we got breakfast and dinner included. Drinks were available free of charge at breakfast (self serve tea, coffee, juice and water) but at dinner it was disappointing that not even water was provided free and all drinks were to be purchased from the bar. Drinks were a little expensive at the bar, which is to be expected from a hotel, but the water was especially expensive. For example at large bottle of water at the bar was €2.50 but you could purchase a similarly large bottle in the town markets for as little as €0.70. To add to this, your own food and drink were not allowed in the pool/bar area.

Breakfast was buffet style, cooked breakfast (beans, egg, sausage, bacon), fruit salad, a selection of Greek breads, cakes and biscuits, toast and cereal. Dinner was along the same lines, a selection of fresh salads, tzatziki and feta cheese, a pasta dish, a potatoe dish, rice and vegetables. Then a selection of meat dishes, moussaka, stefado/stew, chicken and occasionally fish. The majority of red meat was beef or lamb. For dessert there was a selection of patties or occasionally cake/tiramasu. All the food was fantastic and authentically Greek. Nicos the restaurant manager was very helpful and would be happy to advise you on places to visit.

Lastly, the location of the hotel is great. About 5mins from the harbour, 5-10mins from the old town and 10mins from the main beach. If you want an easy going holiday in a quiet location, close to all amenities in Rhodes Town and away from the hustle and bustle of the larger hotel resorts then I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Cumbria88
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I highly recommend Amphitryon Boutique Hotel! 5 minutes walk till the old Town. Very good prices. Accommodation with quality. Food is marvelous like homemade. Hotel is brand new and everything is in perfect shape. The hospitality and kindness of the owners and stuff is perfect! The bathroom is very artistic and the beds more than comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel over all was quite nice and I would recommend it if you need cheap accommodation with quality. Our room was modern and clean but lacked storage space and furniture, everyone else's room I saw had a sofa and ours didn't, which was a bit disappointing, but considering we didn't spend much time in the hotel it was okay. The outdoor pool/dining area was the best bit of the hotel. My partner and I spent our late nights sitting on the beanbags by the pool and using the free wifi. The staff were very friendly and made my partner and I feel welcome, they helped us with general queries and were very kind. Considering the price of the hotel I would defiantly reccomend it to anyone travelling on a budget or just needing somewhere central to stay in Rhodes town. We were very close to restaurants and shops which was very convenient. Only real down side was that our hotel room kept getting loads of ants in it!! We were on the top floor so I don't know why or how this was, but it was quite annoying.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple