“Our Greek Family Experience...:)”
Review of Casa Antica

and 1 more site!
Casa Antica
Ranked #4 of 53 Rhodes Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We intended to stay here for 3 days but extended it for a whole week. We had been traveling for almost 2 months by the time we arrived at Casa Antika. I wanted a home base for a short while and I found it here. My husband extended our stay for me personally as I found warmth, sincere care and joy staying here. We had the room closest to the main kitchen and it was spacious! We had the best rain shower! The room was well ventilated during the day and at night, with the windows closed and air conditioning switched on, it was quiet and we had amazing sleeps on their comfy bed and pillows. I cannot rave enough about the family that runs this B&B. From Papa Stamos, Mama Olga to their lovely daughters Argiro and Valentini. One of them would be available to help you with just about anything. We had an evening of my husband using their kitchen to cook his famous pasta dish and invited the family. Before you knew it, it was a mini dinner party with Mama Olga giving her personal touches to some delicious Greek food that we were privileged to try. I personally found they went beyond the boundaries of B&B host. Before we left, Argiro gave me a personal hand made gift because we connected. She touched me with that gesture as we have travelled a lot thru the years but never have I received a heart felt gift from the owners of any accommodations. I will return if given the opportunity. Thank you kindly my Greek Family!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank KMSM44

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were a group of 4 friends, a couple and two singles. Our room on the ground floor couldn't have been more perfect.
Olga and her daughters were the most hospitable people, nothing was too much trouble. The house is beautifully furnished and our room had a nicely renovated bathroom and lovely fluffy doonas and pillows on the beds.
The courtyard where we ate breakfast was absolutely beautiful with grapevines overhead, geranium pots everywhere and felt very French rather than Greek, perhaps because the house was originally the French consuls home.
The hotel is down a very lovely lane way without vehicle traffic and Olga came with us to the road to say goodbye. She seemed genuinely sad to see us leave - we were certainly sad to go.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sparklespot
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Casa Antika during our honeymoon. We were actually meeting up with my new in-laws and had arranged for them to stay there, too. We did have one little mishap with the booking: We had booked 2 rooms through booking.com, but when I wrote the hotel directly, they only had one room booked for us. I think there was some confusion, however, because even though I had booked both rooms myself, I had provided my father-in-law's name for the reservation. I wrote back, giving his name and received a nice email from Valentina the next morning, confirming both rooms (and even telling me which "artists" we had reserved).

The inn is on a little pedestrian street/alley in the new city. The cab let us off at the mouth of the street and the hotel is about 50 yards up from there on a cobbled street. It was very cute and fairly quiet from traffic. The two rooms we rented were: Klimt and Matisse. Matisse is on the ground floor at the back of the inn, off of the main courtyard. The bedroom is smallish and has (I think) a Queen size bed in it. Our in-laws stayed in this room, so I'm not sure. There is also a twin bed in the front room (near the front door). Klimt was on the 2nd floor, at the end of the hallway. It had a very large bedroom (with folding futon sofa) and a table & chairs, armoire and shelving. Windows had shutters and drapes. Klimt also had a private deck with an umbrella, table & chairs (perfect for morning coffee). Both rooms had a separate kitchen (Matisse's was a bit larger) and quality A/C. A coffee maker was provided (with coffee and condiments) along with some cold cereal and milk in the little fridge. The rooms were very quiet and had good ventilation thanks to the large windows. The linens and pillows were nice & comfy.

My only complaint was that the bathroom was very tiny and the shower was open on one side, so water got everywhere on the floor. The fixtures, themselves, and decor, however, were nice. I also had an issue with moths in the armoire...I hung up my cashmere cardigan and the next morning, it had 3 moth holes in the sleeve!

The hotel is small and well-decorated and the communal courtyard and deck were lovely. Valentina was very helpful in suggesting good local restaurants and we took her up on her recos. Even though the hotel is in the new city, it is only about 15 minutes walking to the edge of the old city. Also, high-end shopping is just a few blocks away (designers, Sephora, etc.). There are tons of restaurants, bars and cafes in this neighborhood and you are only about 10 minutes from the water (one of the recommended restaurants actually overlooked the beach). I thought this was an incredible value and would absolutely stay here, again.

Room Tip: I thought the Klimt room was fantastic. Since it's 2nd floor and end of the hallway, it's sp...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spycygrl
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Absolutely can no longer recommend this hotel. The new people can not take care of booking. They receive orders, you get the confirmation and then it's a shock when you arrive and you end up moving the room until you end up moving to a smaller class hotel. This is quite rude to be treated like this. Have never been treated like this on all 25 years at Rhodes.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank karran10rodes
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We spent two nights in this charming hotel. Service is excellent and our room was beautiful. All over an authentic feeling of Greek hospitality. The only downside is that no breakfast is served but the area is full of charming cafés which makes it easy to grab a bite on the way to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Weimer
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Having got a very late flight into Rhodes, with the taxis on strike, we didn't expect to find our host Olga sitting up waiting for us (past midnight), but she was very friendly and welcoming. The room (ground floor) was spacious and cool (they keep the shutters closed), we had a small kitchen area with 1 hob, sink and fridge, and an ensuite with shower. The air con was brilliant after a day in the sun! The beach was 5 minutes away, you are just off a pedestrianised street with lots of restaurants and shops on it, and Old Town is about 15 minutes walk along the sea front. Olga provides you with a good map and advice if you need it. The little courtyard was lovely in the afternoons. All in all, perfect and exactly what we needed!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Casa Antika is defiinitely a gem! When we first walked in we immediately felt a since of homeliness. The house is absolutely beautiful with draping bougainvillea on the outside in amongst a very cute coble street just off from the main square. The interior of the room is exquisite with the finishing touches really marking the luxury of this boutique b&b- from the korres products in the bathroom, the cleaning service each day, the sea shells on the side table, decor with classical art etc. (the infinite list continues). Wifi was available in each room which was definitely a must for international travellers. The owners are extremely welcoming and make for an authentic greek island experience! In regards to some of the other reviews, we had absolutely no problems with ants, in fact I don't think I saw a single ant the entire time and a small breakfast basket is provided with cornflakes, coffee etc. Absolutely no problems! Great. The only two small things I could comment about was the breakfast in that it was quite small and perhaps the location- it was approximately a 15-20 minute walk into the old town were the best restaurants and night life are. However only 5 minute walk to the beach and restaurants

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple