“A nice place to enjoy the sunshine...”

Amathus Elite Suites
Ranked #4 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
“A nice place to enjoy the sunshine...”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

In Ixia you always have a little sea breeze which makes the hot weather enjoyable for all. We loved our room on the top floor of the Elite Suites. The hotel is a great place to relax by the spa pool or on the beach. Every day you can also participate to animation (like pilates, stretching, aquagym...) or just chill out.
It's a shame Ixia hasn't got the charm of Rhodes old town. So if you fancy to step out of your hotel and explore grab a taxi for 10 euros and head out to Limonia for a great authentic Greek food.

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for the plunge pool as you get access to the spa pool when you are a guest at t...
1 Thank nnslotgar
Theofilos L, Manager at Amathus Elite Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Friend,

I would like to thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us. It is indeed a mice pace to enjoy the sun mainly due to the breeze we have on this side of the island. We are obviously delighted to be located in this unique location close the various major sights in Rhodes. Thank you for your comments about your room, our spa area and the beach.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

(tlakkas@elitesuitesrhodes.com)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Northampton
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Fabulous customer service from all departments particularly the spa. Definitely enjoy a massage or two and as for the black pool - I want one. The food was amazing and I would recommend giving the lava cake a try. The only down side was nothing to do with the hotel but the ground service at the airport. We only bought a fridge magnet and had to pay £60.00 excess. The staff were only watching the scales and writing tickets for excess baggage. Everyone was having to walk across to the Thomson desk to pay the excess before being allowed to check in their bags. Very hard to get them to prove the scales are calibrated. Thomson reps just smiled and said we must have done a lot of shopping....uhhhhh no, fridge magnet only. They didn't seem too bothered. I really liked Rhodes and was considering returning. It is obvious when walking round how business has suffered in the economic downturn, but it would appear that the company providing ground service at the airport is being greedy and now possibly putting off repeat tourism. Maybe worth the manager putting it on his agenda for a meeting with the other hoteliers to monitor - this is bound to have an effect on business. We will not return through no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read you had a relaxing holiday with us and that we could add to your holiday experience. I will take your comments regarding the ground handling to Thomson and hopefully we can improve this service.

Once again thank for your comments and looking forward to welcome you back.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Elite suites to all travellers!

Firstly the obligatory qualification : My wife and I are seasoned travellers, internationally and in the UK for both work and pleasure and do recognise the good from bad.

I booked through Sovereign and flew with Easy Jet. The Airport in Rhodes was busy but the Sovereign rep was able to put us in our taxi very quickly. Check in was efficient and very professional. Our room was 153 which was the highest level of the pool suites. Ok so:

THE VERY GOOD
Service: Leonidas leads a very good team and at all times they were able to provide excellent customer service, no request was forgotten and they were able to make us feel 'special' for the duration of our stay.
Food: I was pleasantly surprised by the choice and quality of the A La Carte available. The choice was broad and the quality of cooking very good, our favourite was probably the 'Lobster evening'

THE GOOD:
Room was exactly portrayed. Contemporary styling and spacious
Private pool was well maintained and warm, also a great size.
Balcony was not always in the sun but great for afternoon relaxing and watching the sun go down
Our room and the public areas were exceptionally well maintained and clean
All the rooms are orientated to have a sea view and whilst you can see and hear the road, noise is not intrusive.
Elite suites Communal pool and Spa area was great to relax and or take a (longer) swim
Bar prices were very reasonable as were the in room prices - the local beer was good and we also enjoyed very reasonably priced 'local' wine
The entertainment was fun, not quite Michael Buble, but good to enjoy your dinner to.
Location close to Rhodes town makes a day or evening trip essential to enjoy the wonderful historic city
Car hire rates are reasonable so we hired a convertible to drive to Lindos for the day

NOT GOOD
Nothing - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Lastly I would also add that we stopped in the Lindos Blu for a quick drink and to 'compare'. The Lindos Blu looked a beautiful hotel and will be perfect for many travellers although my first impression looking over the pool area was that whilst it was lovely, it was also a little crowded for me……..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Doctordamo66
Dear Friend,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback following your recent stay at our Elite Suites by Amathus.

I was delighted to learn you had a fabulous experience with us due to the beauty of our facilities and settings, but mainly to the first class service extended to you by my colleagues. We strongly believe that people separate a good hotel from a great hotel and your comments only adds to this belief. It is with great pleasure that I will be sharing your gracious comments and your compliments with my colleagues.

Thank you again for recommending us to all TripAdvisor readers and travelers and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

South Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted with a drink and smile - although I personally (Jay) did not like it not being a fan of champaign. We were informed of the times for meals and breakfast, and informed that we could help ourselves to the refreshments and great nibbles in the private reception area.

We were shown to our rooms after just 2mins of waiting by what I regards as the best quality service manager you will ever come across - Leonadis. Greeted with a lovely smile and professionalism Leon showed us around the room and made us aware that he was always happy to assist.

The views were good and the pool was a lovely added bonus. The room was clean, airy and light. I would have however liked to have a picture in the room and music player dock. We were made aware of the DVDs we could watch on arrival and made use of this service - although the visual cable for the DVD player in room 146 is faulty so I had to pull the player out to get a picture (sorry I forgot to inform you). Mikole was very helpful assisting us to look for reviews of the DVDs for what we wanted to watch. Such a great receptionist and very friendly.

We ate every night at the Vakarola (if that's spelt correctly) and the food was good much of the time. Although it did fall short of expectations on two occasions but Leon and Stefanos made every effort to rectify any problems we had. Stefonos even insured our favourite soup was cooked the next day - what outstanding service. Leon also arranged for our wedding song to be played so we could dance - such a lovely thing to do. Leon also ensured we were treated with respect and in a dignified manner. We enjoyed having chats with him and will remember that great smile (and Friday of course ;).

Our first experience at the spa wad disapointing and we werent shown around. Me and my partner have just departed our honeymoon stay. The service has been outstanding from start to finish. I have left some useful tips below I hope you fellow travellers find useful.

All the staff were very friendly and we loved the great smiles many gave us each day, especially Leon and Signe. We felt comfortable munchin away at the nibbles and drinks each day in the reception area. The staff made us feel very comfortable and we found it important we could talk to them. The staff make this place what it is and they are such a great bunch.

For some tips, we found Lindos very hot and not as nice as Rhodes Town which is a must see at day and especially at night in the old town (trust me its great). Ixia where the hotel is based is a nice area. Take a left outside the hotel at end of the entrance and walk just 500+ metres to find lots of bars and restaurants. The better ones are a 15min walk away. There are two pool bars on the right side of the road - the first one you come to is easily found with a huge semi arch entrance, while the second which is more quieter is further along on the same side at the end of Rhodes shopping centre (not the kind you find in the UK). To find the second beach pool bar you will see 2 narrow long pink buildings which look new and some empty shops in the narrow open shopping centre - at the end is the pool bar and its amazing ( just go as it will spoil it if I tell you what its like).

For the cheapest mini market (and half the price of any others we found) take a 15 walk towards the pool bars and where all the restaurants etc are, keep walking till you see a cash machine standing on its own on the left side of the road and eventually just 1min after you will see the pharmacy cross sign. Next to the pharmacy is the cheapest mini market and a lovely friendly shop owner.

We would like to thank every staff member we met at the hotel, especially Signe and Leon. Happy Birthday Leon and make babies with signe :)

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Jay-Producer
Dear Friend,

I was truly happy to read that we managed to contribute to a delightful stay in Rhodes.

It is great that you were impressed by the beauty and the favorable location of our hotel, as well as you enjoyed the wonderful views of the Aegean sea. Also please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our staff for their efforts in making you both feel so pampered and special.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Elite Suites very soon.

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed 10 nights on HB basis and the breakfast buffet was out of this world! Everything freshly made to order. Fresh fruit, juice, pastries, breads, cheese, omelettes, the list is endless. Dinner in the restaurant offered plenty of choice and the food was excellent.
The rooms are fab too, we stayed on the 3nd floor, the top floor is quieter, the view is better, and it's more private but I think that, it doesn't matter which floor you're on the views are great everywhere. The pool also had a hydro-type arrangement so that it could be either as a jacuzzi or we could swim against the current which was great excercise. The room itself was also superb – very modern with great facilities, the rooms where cleaned and maintained daily, except bed linen. We stayed in the hotel for 10 days and during our 10 day stay, the bed linen had not been changed once!
We had so many little treats - bedtime chocolates, bubbly, canapés, fruit platters which made us feel very special. But the biggest asset to Elite Suites by Amathus Beach are the amazing staff - so friendly, helpful and efficient - really do do above and beyond for their guests with such genuine enthusiasm.
Amathus Suites are situated just 4km from the Old Town, flat taxi rates operate in Rhodes and its 7 euros to Rhodes old town which is a must.
This may not be cheap hotel but you really do get what you pay for - and more!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

Your description as to what one can expect when visiting our Elite Suites is highly appreciated. It is great that you were also quite impressed by the breakfast buffet. I am sure many who plan to visit us will find your review a valuable source of information.

Although you were very satisfied with our location, staff and service, we also well noted your disappointment with our housekeeping. Please rest assured that we take all our guests’ comments seriously. We have put a great amount of effort, resources and care into developing an exquisite product. Nevertheless we accept that we always have room to improve and that we can benefit from the constructive feedback of our guests, your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

London
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a wonderful holiday staff very helpful. Very easy to get into Old Town Rhodes by bus for an extensive range of restaurants. We were in the Elite suites which had a very high level of luxury no complaints.

Room Tip: We were in the Elite suites which were added luxury
1 Thank Diane D
Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at our Elite Suites. I am happy to read you enjoyed the luxury of the Elite Suites and the proximity of our hotel to the Rhodes Town.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying here for the past week. The room with its private pool and awesome views is great. The hotel is made all the more special by its staff. Lianardis leads a team of happy, friendly and most helpful young people for whom nothing is too much and who genuinely wish to make ones stay memorable.
I will return and highly recommend a visit.

1 Thank royf60
Dear Friend,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback and especially when it refers to my colleagues. Such praise as yours keeps us energized and passionate about what we do and how we do it. I can assure you my colleagues enjoyed reading your compliments.

There is no better recognition for us than a guest who wants to return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhodes Town
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas

Been to Amathus Elite Suites? Share your experiences!