We have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Elite Suites and all we can say is wow. We arrived at just after midnight and were greeted by a lovely friendly receptionist and offered a glass of champagne. She escorted us to our room, which looked just as it does on the hotel website. The room is extremely well equipped, light and spacious. As well as the large fruit platter and chilled sparkling wine in our room on arrival, we received extra treats nearly every day, including pastries, dried fruit/nuts and Turkish delight, along with little bottles of ouzo and rakki.
We stayed in a top floor suite without a private pool but, as the Suite guests are able to use the Spa pool, we made full use of this and, for the first half of our holiday, had the pool totally to ourselves. The beach area is very nice but our first two days were extremely windy so we gave up with the wind, avoided the beach and stayed by the Spa pool. As we had so much privacy there, we didn't use the beach any more. Many thanks to all the staff In the Spa who were always so friendly. Please try one of their treatments. They are wonderful.
The Elite Suites staff truly cannot do enough for you. They are just all so warm, welcoming and friendly. When we arrived for our first breakfast, we were greeted by Leonidas and Mishkoula, who provided the most wonderful service, which continued throughout the whole holiday. Leonidas runs an excellent team and is always there to make sure you are happy. We lunched most days in the Vakorola Restaurant, where Mishkoula always greeted us with her happy smile. Many thanks to her for being such a great waitress. Special thanks also to Stefanos, Signe, Maria, Lena, Katherina and all the other staff who gave such wonderful service in the Vakorola Restaurant in the evenings. We stayed on a half board basis and the food is just amazing. Special thanks to the Chef!!!
We went on a day trip to Symi and travelled out on the high speed catamarran from Rhodes. If you haven't been to Symi, we suggest you go as it so pretty. We also had a great day out on a small sailing boat which we arranged with Manos Tours. The Elite Suite receptionsists can give you the details.
The only downside to this wonderful hotel is its close proximity to the busy main road. As we were on a high floor, with a tremendous panoramic view of the sea, this did not cause us any problems but the lower floor suites with pools may have found this a nuisance.
We will definitely return again and cannot recommend the Elite Suites enough. If you stay there, you will want for nothing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our dazzling suites offer uninterrupted views of the Aegean sea through sunny floor-to-ceiling windows. The beautifully appointed bedroom has a combination of marble and wooden floor, a living area with a corner-sofa bed, all done in a sophisticated style. The irresistible washroom has a full-length tub, separate shower, and two washbasins. The outdoors beckons intimate dining on an expansive balcony terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amathus Elite Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elite Suites By Amathus Beach Hotel Ixia
- Amathus Elite Suites Rhodes, Greece