“Nice food good service - great wine - quite expensive for the island”
Review of Wonder

Wonder
Ranked #7 of 450 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We ate dinner in mid April and we were possibly the only customers on a Thursday evening. Certainly the only table occupied on our top floor.
Service was good, as it should be. The waiter recommended an excellent red wine. It was not cheap at 40€ but one of the best Greek Reds I've tasted, certainly on a par with a decent claret. We had bresaola and salads and I ordered a medium rare fillet steak with pepper sauce. All the food was well presented and tasty. If I came again I would order steak rare as mine was certainly medium and not really pink or bloody enough. I decided not to send it back as the sauce and quality of the steak was good and I didn't want to wait while they cooked another.
Desert was home made chocolate thing which we shared and was rich and full flavoured.
The wine pushed the overall cost up and if I'd selected a cheaper wine the meal would have been around €35 per head. However I was the only one to eat the main course and my wife and daughter only had starter size mains. I would return here if I revisited Rhodes. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in wine and who wanted a more international menu. It's not as good as some reviews suggest but it's certainly not a bad choice, if you understand this will not be a cheap evening.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

i live in Rhodes for 3 years now and i can assure you that it will be the best dinner you can have in Rhodes!!

1  Thank Hale A
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Agree with most of the other reviews, we ate here last week for the first time. It was the end of the season & our 8th holiday to Rhodes, so we love to find new restaurants which are a bit different to the commonly found Greek tavernas. We didn't need a reservation, and our taxi knew the place immediately on the edge of the new town nr M&S, it's a beautifully restored building with tables both inside and out. The Swedish owners have great taste, menu had plenty choice but not excessive, we chose the gravadlax for starter & steaks for mains were delicious..wine list had plenty choice but be prepared to pay.. Portions were generous & service was efficient rather than friendly. Would definitely eat here again,and maybe try the desserts which looked amazing including a large sharing plate..!!

1  Thank KFnCAD
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Unequivocally one of the best places to eat in Rhodes. Home grown ingredients, well composed menu, ambient setting & unobtrusive service all delivered with the upmost refinement.

2  Thank alex19781978
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Firstly, this restaurant is not in the very touristy area of the "old town" within Rhodes Town so there was no one outside with arms waiving frantically to get you business. Secondly, I booked in advance and was glad I did as every table was taken.
But most importantly, what a great place with a diverse menu and excellent food, service and atmosphere. We shared a starter which was AMAZING! 4 peeled king prawns in a ginger and chilli spicy creamy sauce @ E10 it wasn't cheap but the lovely herby bread olives and tatziki were filling. We both ordered steak at cE25 each was not cheap but the Tounedoes fillet was nicer than the normal fillet with bernaise sauces and we both found the accompaniments extremely tasty. We don't normally have dessert but were extremely glad we shared the chocolate truffles which were thickly sliced and chilled......worth sharing or having one all to yourself. Highly recommended for good meal which is different to the usual touristy places.

2  Thank Heulwen9