“Our Favorite Restaurant in Greece! Don't Miss This!”
Review of Nireas

Ranked #45 of 457 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful alfresco setting. Tucked away in a quiet square off the beaten track. Dine on fresh seafood and fresh vegetables (many of them organic) under a pergola overflowing with jasmine,honeysuckle, Bougainville and a 25 year old grapevine. The Tsikis Family is always happy to meet new guest and welcome back many return customers ( some that have been coming since the opening in 1989)!
Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you have any interest in fresh seafood and a great overall dining experience you must try Nireas. My husband and I had read the reviews in our Lonely Planet Guidebook and TA. We ate there one night and although we had decided never to eat at the same place twice during our two week Greece trip we just had to come back two nights later.
The calamari is the best we have ever had by a landslide. The mussels were so fresh. The Greek salad was absolutely delicious and vibrant. The house wine is a great value (red and white) and better than any others we have experienced on the islands.
Best of all is the dining experience. The owner, Theodore, made us feel right at home. He explained the menu, made recommendations, even told us to avoid certain dishes based off our preferences. He treated to ouzo one night and his homemade limoncello both nights. Between the food, atmosphere and true hospitality I can't recommend this place any higher. If you miss Nireas, you miss the best restaurant in Rhodes...or all of Greece for that matter.

1  Thank Julie V

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Upon our arrival in Rhodes, my friend and I had missed the buffet dinner at the hotel so we made a trip into Rhodes Town and stumbled across this restaurant by the harbour.

The pizzas and salad we had was absolutely delicious and fresh and the manager recommended a local Rhodes medium dry wine. He claimed it had not name so we agreed and I must say, that must have been the most delicious wine I have ever tasted! Even better than that in Coq D'Argent!

We ended up going there on our last night too... Just couldn't resist! Haha...

1  Thank Ellie R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My fiancée and I had read about Nireas in a travel book, and were sold by the description of the calamari as "melt in your mouth." We were not dissapointed. We both love seafood, and the menu is packed with it, at reasonable prices. I had the mussels, which were filling, fresh, and the broth was so good I wanted to drink it! The calamari is an absolute must, and my fiancée had the shrimp, which were tastey, although we wrongly assumed they would come with a side or something besides just shrimp. The strawberry cheesecake was amazing. Even the house wine they brought out was leaps and bounds better than other restaurants we've tried in Greece. The staff and owner were pleasant, the ambiance quiet and romantic. Overall, one of our best dining experiences in Greece so far!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

During our first visit to the old town of rhodes, we found this taverna - thank god - because we got a little bit lost. The taverna is located at a nice charming and quiet place in the old town of rhodes, aside the typical overcrowded tourist places. While studying the menu, theodore, the owner, welcomed us with the question:
Do you like seafood? Then I can make you happy!
Theodore is a very nice and sympathic man. What we liked most was his pleasant nature.
He is not like the other obtrusive: "Come to our restaurant, just for a drink my friend, we´ve got everything to eat, good prices, just look at the card" - waiters.

Theodore then explained to us the food and how he make it. He also told us about the menu of the day, how much it cost etc. My girlfriend and I always like to taste local food and wines, so Theodore told us about the retsina wine and how the greeks drink it ( with cola- delicious!).His menu consists only of two pages, what we liked, because everything on this two pages is marvelous and we always found something new to try. We tried then the mixed vegetables, french fries, saganaki with shrimps, bread with oil and the feta with some retsina. The food was absolutely fantastic and delicious! Normally I do not like vegetables at all, but this vegetables were so fresh and well done that I thought for a time it would be cool to be a vegetarian.
While eating Theodore told us many interesting things about food, rhodes and so on.
For the both of us we just paid something around 30 € for superb food and drinks.

During our holiday we were there 3 times and it was always fantastic, everything was more than good- the food, the service, the location. Everytime we went there, we got some drinks for free after diner, like his famous limoncello or a nice colf fernet branca.That´s what I call good service!

Theodore and his nice wife also speak perfectly english and other languages so that you do not have to be afraid, that there will be any communication problems like in other tavernas.

I must recommend this taverna to everyone who visit rhodes, but there is one point that you won´t like so much. After eating at Nireas/Theodore you won´t like other tavernas. We tried 3 other Tavernas and none was that good.

So if you like seafood, he can make you happy!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent our Honeymoon in Rhodos Old Town and tried out a few of the places you can find in Tripadvisor. Nireas was by far the best seafood we had on the island. Get a karaffe of the white house wine and you are perfectly set. The owner is from the island of Symie and knows his fish and deserts! Thanks Theo for a few wonderful evenings!