“A good recommendation”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a short stay in Rhodes last September (2012) and were recommended to try Mama Sofias by everyone at Stavros`s Bar!
We duly took them up on their recommendation and were definately not disappointed. The staff were very friendly, the food was very well cooked and presented, and it was a great place for Pam my partner to "people watch". We also had the additional pleasure of a busker who we also enjoyed (apologies cant remember his name), so the evening was very enjoyable. The portions are not for the "dieters" amongst us but we dont diet on holiday so that was no problem! If we visit Rhodes again this will definately be on our revisit list.

1  Thank NTGYork
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

A family-run and unpretentious restaurant in the heard of Rhodes City (the castle fortress). Excellent people-watching location, good homestyle cooking, huge portions and interesting beers served in boot-shaped steins seem to characterize this casual and friendly restaurant. Although not what they are necessarily known for, my wife and I had the chateaubriand for two. I was reluctant because I have never been served a decent cut of beef anywhere in Greece, but the waiter said that we wouldn't be disappointed, so we took his suggestion and it was delicious. Like everything at Mama Sophia's though, it was more that we could eat, so we asked for a doggy-bag... that literally became a 'doggy-bag', as it was our last evening there, so we fed it to the dogs roaming the castle. 'Man and Beast' ate well that night!

1  Thank Beege-Gilmour
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had looked Mama Sofia's up on Tripadvisor before taking a day trip to Rhodes City and I am very happy we ended up going there.
Very warm welcome, funny owners and absolutely amazing food.

1  Thank Tyler V
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Rhodes is a tourist town so all the restaurants cater to tourists. Mama Sophia's is very professional and very friendly. The food is good value and you are guaranteed a good time. The house red wine is, like most Greek wine, best left in the barrel. Good fun.

2  Thank montySydneyAustralia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Besides the food...which was amazing...the service...is uncomparable. Stavros has been working here for 45 years...his Mom does the cooking...and they don't stop!!! God I love Greece...and I would come back here...every single time I'm in Rhodes...AMAZING!

1  Thank Todd M