“Maybe a bit too service minded”
Review of Island Lipsi

Island Lipsi
Ranked #60 of 476 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This family restaurnt is situated in the nice old town Rhodes.

We were 7 people coming for dinner. They arranged a table for us and gave us some advise about what to order. At this point it seemed that too many people were busy with our table. While some were placing plates and cutlery others were taking orders for drinks.

As we came with some children it was very good that they served the children first so that they were finished before the dinner for the adults were served. Most of us enjoyed the dinner. We had ordered mostly different dishes. When we come back to Rhodes town we will probably try the restaurant again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Friendly service, accommodated our beans on toast request. A wonderful place to people watch while in the shade. Interior fantastic, a must see!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled on this family-owned restaurant after a long day of sightseeing. The menu has a lot of variety - something for everyone. The food was delicious and the service exceptional. Unlike most of the other restaurants we have visited, the wait staff seemed to anticipate our needs and checked on us frequently. I also liked the fact that they gave us new plates for our entrees without our asking. This is a good choice for a group with different food preferences. The traditional Greek dishes were very good, and there were lots of non-Greek options also.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Food is OK .... I had a meze which was not very tasty and lacked imagination ... 15E !!! White house wine quite expensive and not great ...Lady at the front drags you in with a lot of talk .... I ate there twice and thought my bill was rather high. Double checked it the second night and I had been charged for a beer ... I haven't drank beer since I was a teenager ... Now "middle aged" ...not happy about that, although they did remove it when I challenged them. Rest of my holiday I went to Mama Sofia's ... Top notch food, wine and excellent service.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We dropped in for a quick drink, no pressure from the staff, most came to our table to say hello.
Went back later for food, fish meme outstanding, also vegetarian option was great.
There was none of the usually Old Town pressure to eat and go.
We were given a complimentary sweet at the end which was outstanding.
It was so good it will be the venue for our final meal in Rhodes.
The Myth is is pretty good too !!!!