We went to Matina during the first half of August 2013. Almost everything was wrong with this place: sheets were dirty (shoe prints), towels had huge dark spots (the guy at the reception said they're due to bad washing...), AC is paid extra, there is no warm water in the evening and no cold water during the day, breakfast is always the same, double bed means 2 beds put together with a 10 cm painful (wooden) gap between them, rooms are extremely small (I actually hit myself 4 times while trying to move around).
The good things: dinner is modest but tasty, the pool is clean, the staff is absolutely great
The experience with the staff is simply blown away by one old guy which works during evenings-nights. This guy is a huge problem to this hotel but because he is a friend of the manager, he thinks he can act however he wants. Most of the time he acts like a monkey, honestly, I have never seen a hotel employee act like this in my life!
Anyway, we went there for 8 days (7 nights) and after 2 days we got used to the situation but I personally do NOT recommend this place to the following groups of people:
- couples that are trying to solve marital/relationship problems;
- couples looking for a honeymoon location;
- couples with more than 1 child (there is simply no place);
It is a great cheap solution if you're there for fun, not relaxation, meaning that you're spending much more time out than in.
If you already bought a ticket... good luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matina hotel is situated on the outskirts of Faliraki, in a quiet and peaceful location. A short walk from the hotel will take you to the lively center and to one of the best beaches on the island. Matina hotel is a family run hotel and whether you’re a first time visitor or a returning friend you will soon feel at home with the hospitality that the Simiakos family will show you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Matina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matina Hotel Faliraki
- Hotel Matina Faliraki, Rhodes