1,806 results
All reviews faliraki beach crepes captain george main restaurant animation team a la carte restaurants tortillas ice cream beach bar next year hot dogs toasties wraps buffet restaurant mini bar guest relations amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in June,

Pros
- staff works really hard. 7 days a week from 8:30-12pm roughly! They were still so friendly despite the hours they were working!
- the entertainment was really good - some of the best I have ever seen in a hotel.
- the beach was lovely, and maintained really well. It was very clean and the sea was nice.
-the hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever been too!
- the Asian restaurant was amazing! Even better then food I had in Thailand.

Cons
- the beds were rock hard, and the pillows were too firm (although this is just preference)
- the food !!! The food was CONSTANTLY cold. At breakfast you would have scrambled eggs yet you would sit down and they were not even luke warm. The fresh cooked meats and fish were not cooked - I took fish one day and it was pink and raw inside. The Greek restaurant was cold and not nice. The Italian lacked flavour and was really not what you would expect. (The staff did very kindly make us a nice new dish after we didn’t eat it)
- some of the food did not have hot plates, meaning they had to put food like chicken in boiling water to keep it hot?
-whenever you tried to feedback to the staff about your thoughts ie. cold food, they would make you feel bad saying you are “the first person to say this” which is clearly not true judging by the last few reviews

Overall it is a nice hotel but not a 5*. I would say it is a 3/4* hotel - it seems like they are running on a budget and it shows. If they put more money in to the food then it would be perfect. To be honest I am baffled at the amount of raving reviews - had I known what it was really like I would not have picked this place.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Chloelouise23
SymiakosM, General Manager at Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Chloelouise23,
thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel. We are happy to read that our staff’s friendly and efficient service, the high value of cleanliness as well as our Asian restaurant were to your satisfaction.
The fact that we did not meet your expectations of a five star hotel bothers us deeply. We gladly take your comment as it helps us to improve our service quality. Furthermore we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our food and drink options. We offer a unique selection of best quality local products and always freshly prepared warm and cold dishes and desserts in combination with an impeccable service. We take all your remarks gladly under consideration and will discuss your feedback internally. We do hope to welcome you as our guest again in the future in order to fully convince you of our qualities.
Kindest regards from Rhodes,
Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Just back from this hotel. Beautiful entrance hall to reception. Hotel wonderfully clean and very clean swimming pools. Staff fantastic and so lovely and helpful they all work so hard. Entertainment is the best I have ever seen in a hotel. Hotel backs onto a sandy beach with sun-loungers and brollies. Shallow sea that goes out for miles. Rooms were clean and comfortable however the bed and the pillows were very hard. The only minus point about this lovely hotel is the food. It was frequently cold which wasn’t nice and the selection wasn’t that great. We did not think much of the restaurants but however would recommend the Asian which was really good. If only they could improve the food this would be perfect. Despite this we really enjoyed our stay so thank you.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Happyface5

Dear Mu333,
Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay at Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the time with us and our beautiful beachfront location and the rooms amenities as well. We put the highest value on delivering a warm and welcoming atmosphere that allows our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed. Your remarks about our staff members and animation team make us very happy because our entire team works hard on offering an impeccable service and always with a big smile for every guest. We look forward to having you back as a guest again soon and we stand at your disposal for any inquiry.
Best regards from Rhodos,

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in Mitsis Faliraki with my mum and brother for 11 days and we had the best time ever!

Room
The rooms were nice and clean, there was even enough space for my big suitcase :) loved the mini bar and coffee/tea facilities in the room, if you wanted a night in on the balcony everything you needed was there. The best part about our room was the private pool, I really enjoyed floating around on my flamingo in the afternoons :) the room was cleaned everyday, including new beach towels.

The food was amazing - I’m vegan and even for me there were enough delicious options :) so I’m confident if you have any other diets it won’t be an issue. The buffet had lots of options and the a la carte restaurants were also amazing, you can also go there for lunch (sushi, Italian, or a special brunch). During the day there are snacks and cake available, and some snacks and drinks are also offered on the beach on your sunbed :) At 17:00 it’s tea time, and you’ll want to try all the cakes!

Facilities
There was one big pool for games, fun and swimming, another pool with slide for the kids, and another smaller pool for chilling or swimming lanes. The beach is only a 2 minute walk and the beach beds and parasols are free :) There’s also a spa where you can book treatments - I had a massage for a relaxed start of my holidays.

Entertainment/Activities
In the evening there was a daily entertainment show: singing, dancing, acrobats, it was amazing and so were the cocktails! The animation team did a great job there were also many activities during the day: aqua gym, yoga, darts, beach volley, but my absolute favourite was zumba in the sea with Mario! Young to old, all the ladies were in the sea every day, it was so much fun! You should definitely try this, even if you feel like you don’t have the moves, it doesn’t matter, it’s all about the good times! The staff also organised an excursion to Rhodes city to the Medieval festival, it was very well organised and fun to spend a night out with other guests and staff.

The staff at the reception, in the buffet and restaurant were all very kind and supportive. The hotel was fully booked and it was very busy, but everyone had a genuine smile on their face, it felt like the staff was one big family.

Conclusion
I had a great vacation at Mitsis Faliraki beach and would recommend anyone to experience it yourself. A special thanks to Diana, Maroula, Vanessa, Elena, George, Mario and Tsambikos for the warm welcome and wonderful stay. I’ll come back for sure and will also try out the other Mitsis hotels, already planning my next vacation

Trip type: Traveled with family
SymiakosM, General Manager at Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear Jolijn,
Many thanks for your enthusiastic review and your recommendation to other travelers! Your compliments are very much appreciated and the reward for the every day’s hard work all our team members are achieving each day. I’m very happy that all our facilities and service made your stay pleasant and comfortable, especially our large variety of food, your private pool room and our numerous events and entertainment program. It is very pleasant to read that especially our team succeed to make your holiday a memorable one! We will pass on your gratitude to all our staff members, particularly to the mentioned colleagues. It was our great pleasure being your hosts and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon here in Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel.
Warm regards from Rhodes,

Reviewed June 7, 2019

We booked this hotel for a week for my small family.
Given it was our first holiday as a family , we were looking for a relaxing place, kids friendly, not so busy with good food.
Before booking we have read so many reviews that seemed to indicate this hotel would be the best for what we were looking for.

However, this hotel has failed us at many levels and I am afraid it’s not reflective of a « 5* » as advertised, 3* at best.

The positive:
- The service is great: the cleanliness from room to outside spaces is good and the staff are really friendly and warm.
- The decor in the main reception, bar and restaurants is great. It doesn’t feel crowded given the number of rooms in the hotel
- The barbecue served at midday and the waffles are the best meal you will get. The beach bar serves good drinks too.
That’s about it!!!

The negatives:
- The food is well below for a “5 stars” hotel: I do want to make this a big point, if you are looking for good food then this is NOT the place for you, pay extra and go somewhere else. The mains are tasteless, missing herbs and spices. Half of the desserts contains a kind of wipped cream, which had a texture like a heavy shaving foam or soap foam (watered down and help of “Easy whip”?).
- The few greek delights available during breakfast and as desert were Ok, but would not make me come back if offered in an restaurant.
The restaurants (Asian,Mexican, Italian, Greek) : the food was tasteless.
- Italian: The pizza had no spices , the tomato sauce was bland.
- The Asian:Even I do a better prawn tempura at home. The dough for the tempura was mushy and tasteless. The chilli sauce was almost like ketchup.
- The Greek was even worse. We were expecting something with authentic taste: epic fail!
- The drinks served in the main bar and restaurants were below standards, tasted cheap. If you are looking for descent drinks and variety then this hotel isn’t for you.
- I also had diarrhoea for one day, after eating fish at the main restaurant

- The pools aren’t heated so they were pretty cold, for a 5 stars I would have hoped this would have not been the case.

The room:

- The room was in good condition, but the mattress were cheap, similar to those you would find, when you rent furnished in UK.
- The windowless bathroom had no fan, so humidity took long to reduce via airing or using the aircon.

I will not return to this hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SymiakosM, General Manager at Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear Reine D,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel, we appreciate your time and effort. While we are delighted to read that you enjoyed our team’s attentive service and the hotel’s decoration and high level of cleanliness, we regret that our large food variety and themed restaurants didn’t met your expectations. We have a wide range of fresh local products at our restaurants, warm and cold dishes, desserts with only fresh ingredients and additional 5 themed restaurants, creperie and snack bar and many special events during the week like BBQ in the garden, 20 meters Pizza and others. Our guest’s majority are very pleased with our alternative food selection and constantly congratulate us for the excellent quality and the large food and drink variety, but preferences can also be different. Our food is decent seasoned to satisfy every guest’s taste and at the buffet we also have additional spices of every kind. Also for guests who do not tolerate certain foods or have allergies, our chef cook prepares special dishes on request and accompanies the guest every day at the buffet and explains the ingredients of each dish. Kindly note that in our official website all our facilities and services are clearly mentioned and there is not written that our hotel has heated pools but three outdoor pools. We hope that you give us another chance upon your next visit to Rhodes, as we are sure to be able to charm you with our high quality service and products.
Kindest regards from Rhodes,

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

where do I start! this mitsis hotel is fantastic in every way! myself and my partner took 33 people over with us for our wedding. wee all stayed in the mitsis faliraki beach hotel and loved it... wee genuinely couldn't fault the hotel or its facilities.

the staff are all friends and welcoming and make an effort with you. 1 in particular was stergos the guest relations guy! this man made our holiday! not just for us but for all of our party. at every opportunity he would go above and beyond his position to bring customer satisfaction. he is a gentleman and a real credit to the mitsis group.

another legend was captain George! mostly found in the restaurant telling jokes and putting smiles on guests faces!...

its staff like these that give hotels a good name.

I will be returning to faliraki in may 2020 and hope to see use again soon!

thank you from all of the carling party

Trip type: Traveled with family
SymiakosM, General Manager at Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear m15ymc,
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience about your recent stay in Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel on Trip Advisor.
We really enjoyed reading your comment about our staff’s impeccable service and we are very happy that you appreciate all our efforts. We will certainly forward your kind words to the entire team, especially to George and Stergos. Thank you for the additional motivation for our work in the future.
It makes us happy to hear that you already decide to visit us again and can’t wait to welcome you back!
Kindest regards and best wishes,