Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa
Lyristis Studios & Apartments(Faliraki)(Great Value!)
$92
$185
$330
$319
  • Breakfast included
Elpida Beach Studios(Faliraki)(Great Value!)
$49
Achousa Hotel(Faliraki)
$24
TripAdvisor
1,320 results
All reviewssushicrepesfaliraki beachcaptain georgetortillasmain restaurantice creampool baranimation teammanager michalisa la carte restaurantshot dogsnext yeartoastiesbuffet restaurantwrapsgreat holiday
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This 4/5 star hotel (depending on who you book with) is a stunning and beautiful hotel The rooms are spacious and lovely cant fault it. The staff, I cant fault them either. They were all lovely especially Alessandro in the animation team and Cara and Antonis in the main bar. The weather was perfect. If I had only to write about the building and the staff I would rate this hotel as a 5 star. I dont know where the people who wrote the reviews ate but it cant have been the same buffet restaurant as me and the other English people I spoke to There was a choice of 5 A la carte restaurants, which you could go to lunchtime or evening, but only 5 visits in the week so you still had to eat at the buffet the rest of the week. The a la carte were superb, with 5 courses - You could have all of them if you wished. You had to book about 24hours in advance but we had no problem getting in any of them as I don't think many of the eastern block residents went to them as the food leant towards nouveau cuisine , not huge portions, but there was more than enough for most people.
The downside - The buffet restaurant was organised along three walls. The first of these had a microwave, baby food a box of bread and a toaster. then there was a gap for where you could get pancakes sometimes if you wished then there were huge jugs of mustard and tomato sauce etc but you wouldn't know what to have because you hadn't yet got to the cooked food. Next came a bowl of spaghetti and then spaghetti sauce, I always took some of this in case there was nothing else I liked. then came some veg which most days wasn't bad, then the pork followed by pork followed by fish followed by pork etc. Once in the week there was turkey roll but this was preformed with a circle of preservative fat round it and it was disgusting. There was either perch, cod, halibut, whiting all in small squares, all with one side sprinkled with breadcrumbs and all cooked exactly the same way and all tasting like cod. One day there was a roulade of sole with what could only be described as looking like a boil sticking out of it in what looked like a milk sauce. At the very end of all this was another pasta dish. One day to my surprise we had chicken chops??? No matter what the cook tells you there is no such thing It had a large circular bone in the centre and a ridge of fat round the edge and looked exactly like a pork chop to me. If you don't like pork do not go here as it is the mainstay meat. I think we had fatty lamb once. For some people this might be good 2/3 star food, it could have been except for the fact that you had to stand in a queue which is fine unless there are 100 people in front of you wanting a mound of everything. Consequently by the time you came to the end of this wall the food on your plate was stone cold. So I did something I hate doing which was I used the microwave to heat everything up. The salad wall was fine, no problem about standing there forever as it was already cold , a problem though if you wanted salad with your hot meal, mmm hot salad or cold meat??? The desserts were fine, oh I almost forgot if you wanted soup where was it, yes you guessed right, next to the desserts. I personally am a normal eater, I like good quality food, I don't need to eat 2 ton of it which I found quite a lot of the eastern block people did. Because of the mountain of food they put on their plates in case they want it, but then leave most of it, it wont be long before this hotel have to make more cut backs in the food and become a 3 star hotel.
Evening entertainment - This is supposed to be a hotel for everyone, but on an evening it isn't. Unlike most hotels who have disco and games for children early in the evening so it is then time for the adults entertainment, this hotel has childrens entertainment from 9.15 until 10.15 but then when the animation team come on instead of the nice area near the bar where there are some tables and chairs and some lighting they use the stage which they use during the day which is fine except they is hardly any lighting so if you sit more than a few feet away all you can see are sillouettes and there hardly any tables and chairs except for those kept behind the stage . Most people in order to see any of the shows stood, or had to sit on sunbeds 4-5 star who are you kidding. The animation team gave they had to small crowds most nights, everyone I talked to complained about the bad lighting, lack of seating and all the young children still up running about all over the place. Some parents even allowed there children, because they screamed the place down if they didn't get there own way, to dance inches or run up and down near the wonderful, professional Greek dancers. How they weren't tempted to trip them up is beyond me.
However I still had a wonderful holiday and met some lovely German people at the quiet pool who always spoke to me I would like to thank all the staff for making it so good, I am truly grateful. If it hadn't been for them and the wonderful building I would have only given this hotel a 3. Will I ever go back if it stays the same as it is now - definitely not.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Neve05
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our first all inclusive experience and we couldn't have chosen better. The food was varied, superb and endless ! The staff so pleasant and the overall cleanliness vey noticeable throughout the whole hotel. We loved all bars, especially the beach bar which effortlessly managed and perfectly located between the pool and beach. FANTASTIC in every aspect, we'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here in May this year & decided to take our 17yr old daughter with her friend this Sept, lovely hotel for us parents to chill in with all incl till 1am (pancakes served till 2am) & nightlife close by for the girls. This hotel is on the beach (although beach not owned by hotel so you do have to pay 4 euro for the beds) the clubs on bar street do not bother you with noise at all or we wouldnt have returned - plus the sound police patrol & its has to be turned off at 2.30am. Few changes this time as we were at very start of season in May - animation did all their shows outside which was good they work very hard & have to say a shout out to "Alex" Alehandro for advising the girls of the bars & local nightclub which was very helpful to us as we were having to let them have their independance but still worried...they were fine & want to go back next year! so result with choice. This year we joined the Mitsis Friends Club which is free to join online on their website - got a few little extras due to this in our room, all got bath robes, discount for the spa/treatments & arrived in room one morning to a lovely plate of fresh fruit platter & a bottle of red wine, also received a free tshirt & cd, just nice for those little extras. The food in the buffet restraunt i agree is very international but always something for you - although on arriving we booked into each of the 5 a la carte ones & all were fab! i must say i was happy that the Greek restraunt has upgraded their menu from May - larger portions now & oven cooked lamb that melts in your mouth rather than the tiny lamb chops in May. If you are thinking of booking here just have in mind you will not come across many english (60% of hotel is booked out for Russians, rest is Swedish & German then us) we knew this already & love the hotel so not a big deal for us. For me the big plus with this hotel is the all inclu till 1am, free mini bar that is restocked every other day & free air con!!. It is a beautiful refurb and all the pictures i see online or in brochures are exactly what you get, we were lucky enough this time to have a room with steps down into a pool so had a lovely late afternoon dip in this. Reception staff are very helpful for all you need. See you again hopefully next year.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor number 50-90 are rooms that have the swim up pool from your balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank YorkshireBlueeyes
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great location, lovely hotel, All the staff very helpful and polite, if you treat them respectfully, as unfortunetly some guests did not appear to understand the importance of manners on many occasions. The lovely George and Helen at the pool bar looked after us very well thanks guys. The amazing animation team really made our holiday fun and they do an incredible job. Our advice to anyone going here is to join in the fun with the animation team as they work hard to ensure you have a fun filled and pleasant holiday. Thank you to all the staff we will hopefully see you next year x

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

stayed here oct 2012 and cant believe i havent left a review!! hotel was fab and we loved everything about it. the food was of high standerd and there was always plenty of it. It was mine and my partners 1st holiday together and we went out of season but was never bored, would recommend trying all the resteraunts which we had no problem booking in to. Hoping to return in may 2014 for our honeymoon. D xx

Room Tip: go carefull with the outside cocktail menu there lovely but leathal!! lol x
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple