“Holiday from hell dirty, run down and rude family run hotel”
Review of Artemis

and 1 more site!
Artemis
Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Faliraki
London, United Kingdom
“Holiday from hell dirty, run down and rude family run hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Needs to be closed down! Worst 2weeks of my life. Due to their towels being already stained I didn't use them I went out and bought beach towels and washing powder to use for me and my partner for the 2 weeks. They cleaned room once never took the original dirty stained towels that I folded n left by door ready to be collected where on last day they tried billing us for the stained towels that we never once used! If we refused the mother of smoky hotel was going to ring police and our rep told us the police will take the hoteliers side over ours. I watched them reheat food an serve to other customers pool was constantly dirty. No working lights goin up steps to room or balcony/outside front door light. Also tried saying we hasn't paid for air conditioning which we clearly did so made us clean there dirty mattresses 2 hours before we left as they wouldn't accept credit card to pay towards the air con even tho we already paid I was only 18 at time so I panicked that I would be arrested for a crime we never committed and felt they saw the opportunity to take the Micky out of a young couple I felt very bullied as if I was older they wouldn't have treated us like it. It's miles from falaraki town n big exactly safe to walk with Africans witting around each corner as if they are about to rob u and u have to walk on a main high way to get anywhere. The one side of studios were not even half built and bet they still are not now it's not a safe secure place to stay n I defo wouldn't let anyone with children stay here. A lot more bad things happened! Too much to write. Please do not go here I wouldn't be paid to go back here!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Nattyh89

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We first thought that our stay at the Artemis had been quite nice. It is a family run place, and during the week we spent there mid-august it was quiet and we had a good stay. It was nice and clean when we arrived, even though the room was small and old-furnitured. During the week we only got the room properly cleaned once, where they changed the sheets and some of the towels. They did forget to give us more toilet paper and after having to ask for more twice, we couldn't bother to keep asking so we bought a few rolls that lasted us for the week.

Our last they we checked out but decided to spend the day by the pool since our transfer wasn't suppose to pick us up until 8 the same night. After maybe 30 minutes by the pool, the cleaning lady comes up to us with one of the our face towels which had make-up on it from washing our faces. She held it up and started having a go at us, claiming that we ruined the towel and that the make-up wouldn't come off. She had us pay 10 euros for it and walked away. When I saw the mother in the family coming back, I went up and asked for a receipt for the towel so I could have some proof of the accident. She then started accusing me of ruing her brand new towel, and asked her son to take picture of it before giving it and the receipt to me. I told her what I thought about it and the lack of cleaning and went back to the poolside. She then went to the cleaning lady to tell her we've complained about the cleaning so she came over to us again, and started asking why we had a problem with her and her cleaning. And all of this in front of the other 10 or so guest at the pool.

I know the Greek economy is bad, but 10 euros for a towel ?! And ever heard of a washing mashine ?! I've only washed that towel once, and I can tell you it looks brand new !

So even though the main part of our week was good, the way they treated us that last day totally ruined the stay for us and wouldn't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel because of the way they treat their guest.

It is also quite far away from anything, and to get to the beach you have to walk along the main road/high way and cross another busy street. It was a bit of a hike.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stina S

Travelers are raving about these Faliraki hotels

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We arrived in Faliraki at lunch time, getting a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The journey to the Artemis Studios only took 10 minutes which was shorter than we had thought, and when the taxi driver stopped we thought he had taken us to the wrong place. It was up a dirt track and there looked to be no hotel in sight. However, we turned right into the complex and spoke to the lady at the bar who confirmed our booking. The Artemis Studios are located about 20 minutes walk away from the main strip in Faliraki (5 min taxi) which is no problem after a night out, and the beach is about a further 5 minutes, its not very far but can seem ages in the mid day heat. Also the road outside the hotel is a busy dual carrige-way, and there is no path either side of it only a dirt path which makes the walk to the strip a abit of a chore. We stayed from 01 August- 08 August and the temperature was VERY hot! The rooms at the hotel are great for what we were after, full air con available at extra price (I think it was 40Euro for the week). The bathroom was a sort of shower/toilet room really but again suited our needs fine. The hotel itself was very quiet with mostly workers staying here, which meant we had the pool and bar area to ourselves pretty much every day. Food is served at the bar area, mainly snacky foods like toasties and pizzas, put there are plenty of nice restaurants on the main strip and beach area. All in all the Artemis Studios are a great family run place, staff are very friendly and cheerful. If its a group of lads/girls looking for cheap nice accomodation (also there is no security guard on duty or anything so theres no problem about bringing a partner back if you've pulled!) Not the best place for young families or older couples.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just returned from 7 days staying at the Artemis & very dissatisfied.

We had a late flight & arrived at the hotel at approx 5.30ish in the morning. The transfer dropped us off at a derelict building & just pointed us up the road. We found the Artemis right behind the derelict building & spent the next 45 minutes trying to find someone to show us to our room. Couldn't really make out where the reception area was & couldn't find a note pinned anywhere asking us to ring the owner on arrival as we had with previous night flights to other places. After 45 minutes of searching, even going to hotels further up the road to see if they could help, we were ready to crash out on the sunbeds when somebody finally turned up.

We were then taken to a room on the third floor which looked nothing like the photos we had seen. Very basic small room with one bowl & one knife between the two of us. One set of drawers had one drawer missing & the bathroom door & some of the tiling had to be seen to be believed. The wardrobe & kitchen cupboard must have been designed for the Green Giant as they were so high up the wall & the bedding & towels although clean were old & worn.

For the first 3 days we didn't see another sole & it turned out we were the only guests there. Why then didn't they honour my request for a pool view room & why did they put us in a room up 4 flights of stairs. The owner told us on the 4th day that 20 more guests were arriving that day, however we discovered when talking to them that they were all actually staff from an All-Inclusive hotel that was overbooked & so they had to give up their rooms for the guests.

The room was cleaned fully & the bedding & towels changed only once & we had to empty the bins & ask for clean towels. After asking for clean towels we were told that they were coming to clean our room for a second time at 6.30 in the evening when this is obviously a time when you have returned to your room to get ready to go out for the evening. However when the cleaner discovered we only had 2 more nights to stay she said she would just empty the bins! Not good enough.

It was a long walk from the hotel to the resort & beach although that is not the hotel's fault. Initially we were walking along a very busy & dangerous road but realised later in the week that there was an alternative route that prevented you walking along the main road but it still involved crossing it. The owners never bothered to point this out to us.

The one good point about the hotel was the pool which was well kept & clean & we mainly had it to ourselves if we opted to spend time there.

Towards the end of the holiday a few guests did arrive & if they were arriving late the hotel put up a board with the new arrivals names & the room no they were in & left the key in the door for them. Why didn't they do this for us?

You know there must be a problem when you are staying at a hotel with no guests in high season but we learnt the hardway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dianne G
merseyside
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Hi

I have just returned from Rhodes (13/08/09) The party consisted of myself and my wife, my 9 yo daughter and my 2 yo son. The good Bits

The apparments could not be faltered from an S/C point of view for 2 adults and an infant as they currently only have 2 bed appartments(however they are in the process of extending the second block which I believe will include family rooms), the management were excellent and very freindly and the food on site was very good and good value, our evening meal came to about 19 euros for food and drink for the 4 of us each night. The pool area is very clean and there are more than enough sunbeds for everyone. the only two issues with the appartments were:

The bad bits

Firstly we booked allocation on arrival with Olympic so were not expecting the ritz but were expecting suitable accomodation for a family with a 2 year old. I was not impressed to find that the family had been split between two rooms at the accomodation provided. Before making the booking I called the reservation queries line to check how the rooms would be allocated, and I was informed that due to the youngest being 2 that they would attempt to allocate us all to one room, this being the case we went ahead and made the booking. When we arrived at Rhodes airport we were informed that we had been allocated the Artemis (which I belive from the owner is subcontracted as it is not in the olympic brochure) but not that it was two rooms, when we got to the complex the rep that was with us was very suprised to find that we had been split between two rooms and stated that it shouldn't have happened due to the youngest being 2yo and that she would "speak to head office to sort it out" however nnothing happened. From arrival the options I had were 1. Sleep the kids in one room and me and the wife in the other, despite reasurance from the owner that the children would be ok in a room on their own on the second floor, Im sure you can appriciate that this was not an option, would you leave a 2 yo and 9 yo in an appartment on ther own, in a foreign country with several H+S issues i.e. glass doors, kitchenette unit, tiled floors, balcony, wetroom bathroom with raised brickwork in shower area. 2. Split the kids between us, would you want to go on holiday and sleep seperate form your partner/spouse. 3. All sleep in one room. I felt I had only one option and that was for us all to stay in one room, I was not prepared to sleep the kids on their own and I went on holiday to spend time with my wife and the kids to compound this decision had we stayed in two seperate rooms we would have had to pay for two lots of air con which we had not budgeted for. The whole family spent the full week in one room which was just big enough to do so, using two beds and a camp bed which the owners kindly set up for us. this is not a reflection on the appartments though this is an issue with olympics allocation system.

Secondly there was no kind of entertainment provided at the apartments but this is probably due to the fact that the management only tend to take late bookings so do not know the kind of clientel they are catering for until 24 hours before they arrive(the manager Koula told me this, and as an example the day we checked out a coach load of Italians turned up leaving only 2 british couples at the appartments for another week. Finally to get into falaraki on foot involved a dangerous walk down the main dual carriageway into the resort, which for about 600m there is no path to walk on so involves a walk along both the actual road and a makeshift gravel walkway, whilst I understand this is beyond the hotels control I think you should be aware if you are booking to stay there. The walk in my opinion is not suitable for disabled people or pushchair users, luckily I was able to carry both the pram and my son along that 600m stretch as I am fit enough to do so, however others may struggle. Overall if you ae looking for a cheap well maintained relaxing accomodation it can not be faulted.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faliraki
Stavris Studios
#36 of 70 in Faliraki
Beach Break
Beach Break
#132 of 347 in Rhodes

Been to Artemis? Share your experiences!