All reviews steep hill pool bar superior room air con free bus to the beach next year a family run hotel chinese night fussy eater booked our holiday local spirits main bar kids area on site shop home from home self catering except sunday
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I went to hotel Vanezia for a week and it was lovely.

Me and my partner paid for the private pool hotel room which lived up to expectations and more but the only thing is that the pool and the balcony was in the shade from morning to night.

I would recommend the hotel to other the staff, the hygiene and also the quality of the hotel can not be knocked. The down fall for me and a lot of people that we spoke to was the food quality and choice, it really didn’t meet the standards that were set so highly in other aspects.

My biggest complaint about the hotel is their lack of knowledge of first aid... it’s nonexistent! A friend of ours slipped next to the pool and injured his knee while the lifeguard was sunbathing with his friend.
When we asked for a bandage he didn’t know what one was and didn’t know what anything was in his first aid bag for that matter and the first aid was left to myself to administer.
That night I asked for a first aid kit at the reception for some pins for the bandage and was asked what one was even after explaining and was given a sewing box which was more equipt than the first aid box (which was actually a food Tupperware box with latex gloves, wooden sticks and cotton wool balls) such a shame for this to happen but I really think that Venezia needs to look closer and the material that are choosing to surround the pools with and also better train their staff... especially the sunbathing lifeguard.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank abigailrobinson8697
Reviewed October 6, 2018

We wanted an late season break , this appeared to fit our needs, or so we thought . Superior room clean but not as big as pictures made it look , not sure what made it "superior" though. Pool area clean with plenty of space and plenty of beds. Food - poor choice nothing was hot and apart from water melon there was never any fresh fruit. Drinks- limited times and choices and spirits very weak ?!?! Overall our break was okay as the weather was good but this was our first time all inclusive and this has made us realise that you get what you pay for , never again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Firstly the hotel was clean and well maintained apart from our smoke alarm was missing from our roomThe staff are friendly and helpfulThe hotel is about a 15 min walk from the hotel and is down hill going but for the older person would be a struggle getting back , however there is a free bus from the hotel twice a day.Our room should have been a superior double and if it was I would dread to think what the basic rooms are like.The all inclusive is shockingBreakfast exactly the same for 7 days nothing what so ever changedLunch and dinner very basic not very hot and not much choice only 2 sweets and watermelon every dayAll inclusive drinks filled with ice to the point you were drinking water and the spirits you could not taste The main bar is only open from 6pm to 10pm lunch time you have to go to the pool bar `to fetch a drink to have with lunch and is only beer wine or soft drinksIce cream is only available for 1 hour a day 4pm to 5pmBar snacks in the afternoon for 1 hour and 2 choices , choice 1 have it , choice 2 leave itPool areas goodEntertainment 1 night a week Karaoke from 9.30 on Sunday great when drinks stop at 10you can purchase drinks after but are expensiveWould I return NO

Room tip: make sure you check what you are paying for
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Myself and my husband have been a regular to the Venezia since 2003 but had not been to Rhodes for 3 years and with all the changes did not know what to expect. We went All Inclusive with Jet2, not something we ever do - but to get a private pool room, it was cheaper to do a package this way and as we were only staying for a week thought we would give it a go. Now for someone who has been used to a basic b & b with 1 swimming pool and a pool bar with basic rooms which has been the case for many years and we were quite happy with this, the complete transformation of the hotel now is fantastic. There are now 3 pools with a small waterpark, and an extra pool bar and I must say was very impressive. The ground floor rooms in the old 5 Block now have private pools and the one we were allocated was great, we were really impressed.
I've never done all inclusive and the food to me was fine, although those who have been to bigger hotels may say the choice was limited but there was something for everyone, including myself who has to be careful what I eat due to a medical condition. Drinks were fine too, lagers, spirits, wine, small cocktails all good. The free drinks stopped at 10pm which I know a lot of people are unhappy about, but for us we used to go into Faliraki later on, so no probs.
The free bus service to the beach was good, plus the return and I could see this proved popular. As the Venezia is on the steep hill with no shops or bars around it this was good. There is a lovely Greek village just up hill called Kalithies and we have often popped up there to have a drink in the square, and to watch the world go by. The yearly festival was on there too so all the more reason to.
Even though the family and staff were busy, they always made time to speak to us and gave us a lovely send off when we left and we also met some lovely people too - you all know who you are!!
One important thing I would like to point out is the old Maran Hotel next door which is now owned by the Venezia, I have seen a few people complaining about it. We were allocated a room there for our late check out as we had a later flight, and to be fair it is old and worn and I know it hadnt been used for a few years. The room we had was small, tidy but clean and functionable and works had already started on giving the now Venezia Annexe a complete refurb which I believe will be making the rooms bigger and doing a lot more to it. The lovely Sarikas family never let us down and I'm sure this will be up and running next season as they have done so much to the hotel over the years they never fail to disappoint!!
So thanks to all of you, Takis, Taz, Sam. Maria, Tassoula, Gloria, George, Yiannis, Stergos, Seva, Nikos, Ria (our cleaner),little Stergos, the 2 Tony's and anyone else I have missed out, thank you for a great time and we have just booked our flights for next July. Looking forward to our 19th time there!!

Room tip: Private pool rooms for that bit of extra luxury
1  Thank dudleytrace
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The saying is you get what you paid for, the food is standard, but good.
No frills, only if you want a pool room £500 on top of what you would normally pay.
The staff are friendly, and approachable, however they are very klickey with people that go there all the time.
Points for the management
. Stop people playing music loud around the pool, that will up set others.
. Make sure the lights are on on the stairs at night. ( Big HSE problem ).
. Look at the prices for the rooms especially in the old hotel ( need up grading quickly ).
The view is amazing
The walk up to the hotel from the beach is long and hard going, the hill is very steep, it's 8 euros for s taxi if you have problems walking.

Date of stay: September 2017