“fabulous holiday - lovely staff”
Review of Cyprotel Faliraki

Cyprotel Faliraki
Ranked #10 of 70 Hotels in Faliraki
Reviewed June 27, 2013

my family and I have just returned from cyprotel falaraki - and after the reviews I was a little apprehensive - we arrived to the hotel very early in the morning and were given keys to our room straight away and offered for our bags to be taken - however we decided to take them ourselves as we had a first floor room - the room was a family room with a king size bed - a separate part for our children that we could section off if we needed to - balcony over looking the pool with the slides - my mum is disabled and was given a 3rd floor room - there is no lift for the apartments - just for the main building where you eat your breakfast and main evening meal - but the staff were very accommodating and said they could move her - although im not sure this would have been available had the hotel been at full capacity - but in fairness to the hotel this was an issue with our tour operator not the hotel - our room was clean and tidy - and sufficient - my parents had a double room and this was of exactly the same standard - we later used a late room in another part of the complex and again was clean tidy and had a balcony although I didn't think this would have been a good room for people with children as the balcony was all open plan - but we used it for a matter of hours before our late flight
The 3 pools were clean and well maintained and my children loved the main pool with the big slides- ideal for my children - aged 3 and 12 - as one side was for my toddler with a boat and fountains - the other side for my 12 year old who loved the big slides and flumes - and of course we had a go too - the only issue seemed to be that my children and some others seemed to cut their feet - this never happened to us adults - and was easily sorted with some pool shoes - but it wasn't clear what was cutting their feet but it happened several times in all pools
The food in my opinion was lovely - yes there were some things repeated - but every day we had dishes with chicken fish and pasta and usually some sort of beef dish - we always had something nice to eat - the food was very greek - but they did have things for children if they are a little fussy - chips and fish fingers etc - my husband loved the backlava - a greek honey puff pastry pudding - I feel I have put on a stone just eating that - kids ice cream was readily available till 6pm in the snack bar then 10pm in the main restaurant.
The drinks were local obviously - the cocktails weren't great - but we are not big drinkers so we mainly had coke and water - my husband said the beer was nice and you could help yourself to the beer and wine in the snack bar and for your evening meal.
The staff were lovely - always helpful and cleaning away - always said hello - and talked to us the lifeguard who looked after the slides - sorry his name I cant remember - was a lovely - knew my childrens names - came and chatted - and was firm and kept control
The only things I can honestly say that I didn't like about the holiday was the cost of things outside the hotel and the price of trips - we looked into going to symi - but for 40 euros each - for just a boat trip with no food I felt this was very high - it was 50 euros for a ferry to turkey - plus the tax on top - Rhodes in some respects looks very sad - restaurants closed buildings left and not finished - the lovely man in the hotel shop said to us to please come back as they really need our business - however lindos and Rhodes old town are beautiful and easily accessible by bus - again taxis were pretty expensive so unlike when I went to Rhodes aged 18 when anywhere was roughly 3 pounds - we didn't used them
The hotel isn't on the beach and a little way out of the hussle of Falaraki - which I didn't mind - but there is a little train which takes you from the hotel
All in all this hotel is a very family friendly hotel not 5 star but clean tidy and totally worth the money we paid - when we looked at other all inclusive holidays they were a lot more expensive than cyprotel

9  Thank Kelsmeach

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Me & my partner have just returned from a 10 night stay at the cyprotel, falaraki All i Can say is what än amazing time we had the Hotel has a Little bit of everything for Couples .. familys etc. We had our Room cleaned everyday fresh bedding etc, we were all inclusive you Can have cocktails all day beer instead of just at night like some hotels, fathi the entertainment Guy is great and gets Everyone up enjoying themselves! Really friendly staff they even bought our bags to our Room within 5 minutes of arriving ... The manager is always walking around meeting and greeting People making sure all the staff are working to a high standard .. there is always a shop in the Hotel which was handy for Little bits you needed. I would reccomend visiting Antony quinn Bay only 10 minutes in a taxi & just 6 euro great for snorkling there !! If you are thinking of going to this Hotel Do not hesistate me and my partner had än amazing time and would return tommorow. Thankyou cyprotel for such a memorable holiday !!!

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank cherelle_12
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

It is a privilege when our customers dedicate some of their time to inform us about various incidents regarding positive or negative experiences during their accommodation with Cyprotels Hotels & Resorts.

We would like to thank you for your kind words, and remember that we have hotels in both Cyprus & Greece across multiple cities and islands so we would love to welcome you soon!

Please feel free to contact us directly on our website form if you feel there is more we can do in regards to your review.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

After reading the reviews I was quite worried what the hotel was going to be like, We arrived late at night to a lovely man on reception, he said we could go upstairs to the top bar and grab some sandwiches and drinks which was nice.

We found out we had the wrong rooms and the next day we asked our rep Jenni Currie if we could possibly move into the family rooms we had pay for and this was not a problem within 5 mins she had come and found us and give us the key to the new rooms for us to have a look at which was really good service, and also in these rooms was air conditioning which was a life saver our last week.

The staff that were really good was Becky in the kids club she was brilliant and Fatty the head entertainment man he was brilliant for the hotel. The bar staff at night round the pool bar were also very freindly.

The waiters in the restaurant were so so rude, one night they turned the lights off whist we were still eating, and the air conditioning did not come on when i should have on the 15th June, one night is was 32 degrees in the dining room!!! when i complained to reception, they said it was the food managers choice!!!!! the next day lucky it had been turned on and was much better to eat in.

The food was ok, nothing special to be honest. We eat out a few nights just so we did'nt need to eat the same things again and again.

The water park and life guard was brilliant and he was very safety and watched all the children very well.

The only other thing was the bath towels in the rooms were really bad and stiff! maybe invest in some new ones, and new plates that say the hotel name on it not the name when it first opened.

Room Tip: Ask for the block 5000
1  Thank Staggk7
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Cyprotel for half-term week May 2013. Our first ever all inclusive holiday. The hotel was very nice and clean and we had a spacious family room with partition. Staff were nice and friendly and my children loved Fathi the kids entertainer. Pools & slides wer fab. I must say my biggest concern about going all inclusive was the food, but I was pleasantly surprised. We all really enjoyed all our meals at the hotel and felt that it was good quality and a nice variety. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank paula h

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My partner, myself and our 2year old boy have just returned from a 7night stay at this hotel and we can honestly say it was a very pleasant holiday. We arrived early morning and the receptionist was friendly and explained where everything was. We stayed in room 1116 and were very pleased with the room and its cleanliness. Maids were in daily with fresh towels and bedding. Air con was brilliant, apart from the clonking noise from the main unit that occasionally woke me up during the night.
There are 3 pools at this hotel. The water park has 6 slides and there is also a little pool within this area. The 2 lifeguards on duty were very friendly towards us. Other 2 pools very clean.
On to the food. Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't attend due to not being breakfast people, lunch was different everyday, fresh salads, bread, rolls and various hot options. Dinner time was excellent! I am a very picky person when it comes to food and I must say there was something I ate every single night! Plenty of fresh salads & fruits, various meats, potatos and pasta dishes, puddings were lush!! All the waiters, especially the older guy were fab!! Cocktails in the upstairs bar were very nice also. Staff were brilliant with our little one, remembering his name and keeping him entertained. Night entertainment we didn't attend due to our boy being asleep by 8pm! Would def return to this hotel in the near future. Two negatives from our stay- 1. The flooring around the main pool is very slippery especially when u have wet feet but also when wearing flip flops so note to be careful and 2. Be warned if you book through thomas cook. We had a night flight on return so were not due to be picked up by coach till 3am. Check out time at this hotel is 12pm, the hotel then charge you 35euros to keep on the room so technically you only get a 6night stay. Apart from that wonderful holiday and wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Rose-thorns88
Reviewed June 15, 2013

arrived just gone midnight and after being checked in we were told to go to main bar where they had extended the all inclusive so we could get some drinks and a sandwich ( nice touch).
room was very spacious, and ideal with kids having the partition frosted glass between main room and kids beds. rooms were very clean and maintained daily apart from Sunday.
main pool area very clean and big enough for the size of the hotel, there is another small pool which was always quiet. aqua park was very good also, again very well maintained and the life guards were very friendly, remembering kids names etc. they are also make sure that all children are supervised as children have to signed in with an adult everyday before they could go on the slides.
all staff were very friendly, helpful and chatty and were all especially good with the kids.
food was good, nothing special but what you expect from an all inclusive hotel. not as much option as previous hotels ive stayed in but quality is probably slightly better. main restaurant has lovely panoramic views across Faliraki.
evening entertainment was hit and miss and was centered around the ampetheatre. the other draw back in the evenings is there is lack of seating area around the pool bar. a nice, well lit seating area would be a good addition. wifi in reception is very hit and miss also, avoid peak times in the evening.
Faliraki beach is very nice, actually warmer then the hotel pools. plenty of water sports to do. me and my wife did parasailing and again staff very friendly and helpful.
all in all an excellent stay and would recomended this hotel highly.

9  Thank flipsideno1
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went to the Cyprotel for the half term week. It was a wonderful holiday and we wouldn't think twice about going again. The room was spacious and clean with a separate bedroom for the children. There were various games played around the (FAB) pool throughout the day and the entertainment staff were faultless. Personally, the food was to my families liking, lots of fresh salads, and various different meat and fish dishes. It really was very good quality. Evening entertainment was lacking, and this isn't a reflecting on the entertain crew. The hotel should invest in a decent karaoke machine, for staters. The traditional Greek night was excellent, again let down by the general poor approach to evening entertainment. Bravo to the Catering manager who worked all hours keeping everything ticking over.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Jo O
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

E-Marketing Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Faliraki
Blue Sea Beach Resort
#14 of 70 in Faliraki
Sun Palace Hotel
Sun Palace Hotel
#8 of 70 in Faliraki

Been to Cyprotel Faliraki? Share your experiences!