We stayed for a week at the end of may, to attend a friends wedding, which was taking place at the hotel. The hotel is a pleasant surprise just a 5min walk from the middle of the run down, tired, resort of faliriki. Although faliriki has changed unless you want nightclubs/bars/tacky shops and only a handful of decent restaurants to choose from i would recommend that you stay in other areas of rhodes eg lindos or rhodes town or maybe down the road in the new 5star resort style hotels that have gone up.
The hotel is modern spacious and the staff are friendly providing a good level of service , the wedding was also very well organised. Despite being full the hotel was always quite around the pool area and in the bars. The hotel seems to cater well for all ages, mainly couples.
Bus - there is a good bus service to rhodes town just outside the hotel which runs regularly every 30mins 2.20each way. There are also busses into lindos or the beaches but running less often.
Rooms - we were in room 393 good size and meets all requirements for a hotel room, it does have a fridge but no wow factor. I would not recommend this room, as others mention soundproofing is not great in the rooms and this room is opposite a lift and main stairs, also if you like to shower, the shower cubical is very small but there is separate bath. I would recommend a room overlooking the pool or maybe one of the ones with a pool.
Pool - nice with lots of sun loungers and umbrellas, towels are also provided, but the water is very cold and the jacuzzi doesn't seem to work.
Bars/restaurants - we were only b&b so can only really comment on breakfast which again is ok all the basic needs and a friendly efficient service.
Spa is ok nothing fancy - pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. they do charge £12 to enter (new price) or you can use the facilities if you book a treatment. The gym is free to use but the machines are limited (2 running , 1 cross trainer, a bike, a rowing machine and weights) and all are very old (10yrs plus)
Beach - the hotel is right on the beach but we are not beach fans so stayed by the pool most days.
Hotel improvements - Rooms increase shower cubical size in room 393, add a full length mirror, better soundproofing in the room, mattress toppers the beds are very firm, make an iron and ironing board available for guest to use (currently if you want to iron anything you need to send it away at a cost of 2 euro per item) gym needs full upgrade and air conditioning, wine please get some nice wine available to purchase by the glass, better orange juice at breakfast, the mixing machine doesn't taste good.
Positives pool area, modern/clean/new facilities, shop on site, staff service levels and hotel management, they work as a team and most seem really happy to help, bus service into rhodes town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Apollo Blue is a Five Star hotel located on the impressive Faliraki beach of the legendary island of Rhodes. It is the ideal destination for those seeking natural beauty and the discreet luxury of a modern hotel. Designed in harmony with local colors and inspired by the architectural style of ancient Greece, the SENTIDO Apollo Blue is the quintessence of Rhodes'most inspiring elements: stylish design,warm hospitality, excellent cuisine and stunning seascapes. Just 20 minutes from the Rhodes International Airport and 15 minutes from the spectacular Medieval City of Rhodes which is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Apollo Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Apollo Blue Hotel Faliraki
- SENTIDO Apollo Blue Faliraki, Rhodes