All reviews infinity pool panos wifi lesvos island facilities village
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Amazing!! The view of the pool is just breathtaking especially when the sunset occurs. It's the ideal place for someone who just wants to relax. Prices were almost fair and the location is easy to find. Would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2016

As the tired big-city girl finally reached birdsbay it felt like paradise.
I came to Lesvos by overnight ferry and took the public bus to Petra, which was quite smooth. From Petra a taxi can take you to your final destination or you arrange a pick up with the birdsbay-team. I walked.

What I loved most:
- there's nothing inbetween your balcony and the sea - the view is unique and if you're looking for some quietness you will feel very much at the right spot.
- the appartment has everything you need to stay for a while and feel comfortable. The rooms are cool - the wind can float through them - aircon is available but not needed.
- the pool is a highlight and together with the view on the islands it makes the perfect photo scenery.
- the team is superb and always helpful

Anything to dislike:
- thanks good the bay didn't have a white sand beach but rocks, otherwise I would have to decide whether I go swimming in the sea or the pool ;)

Loved it and will be back.
Thanks.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2016

This ranks amongst one of the most lovely places that I've ever been lucky enough to stay, anywhere in the world. Birds Bay has the 'feel' of a stylish boutique hotel but with the added advantage of 'actually' being spacious apartments with self-catering facilities. My apartment had an extremely well-equipped kitchen, new washing machine, great drying space, iron, hair dryer and much more. Absolutely everything I needed for a relaxing stay. It is family-run establishment, as demonstrated by the amount of care and attention to detail that goes into everything. It is, in short, a unique gem.

The apartments are extremely comfortable and chic, with high quality furniture, textiles and bed linen. They are also spotlessly clean.

The gardens are delightful, with lots of fruit trees and big pots of colourful geraniums. I loved sitting on my shady terraces watching the boats and birds below. Each of my windows had a sea view and it was wonderful to drift off to sleep with the sound of the waves lapping.

I swam in the sea almost every morning. What a treat - the waters are extremely clean and tranquil - and there's easy access, right from the hotel itself. Birds Bay also has a stunning swimming pool just above sea level with lots of sun loungers and umbrellas for reading and sunbathing.

There a lovely cafe with delicious home-cooked dishes, all made with the same love and care shown throughout the hotel. Great coffee and wine too. There's also an easy, walkable and beautiful coastal path to the nearby town, where there are also lots more restaurants, cafes and shops.

The staff at Birds Bay went out of their way to make me feel at home, and cared for in any way that I needed - they arranged an airport pickup and bike hire during my stay.

Highly, highly recommend Birds Bay - I'll certainly be back.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed March 29, 2016

Birds Bay has wonderfully positioned apartments with fantastic views over-looking the sea with amazing sunsets. The apartments are very well equipped (washing machine, dishwasher) and very clean with wonderful coco mattresses on the beds; so comfortable!
Our two bed apartment had a large patio overlooking the sea, a wonderful space to have breakfast or dinner just watching the fishing boats and birds, so peaceful.
The infinity pool was fantastic, a great place to relax and the Staff here are really lovely and would go out of their way to help you. We only managed to eat here a couple of times but it was very good; we mainly ate in or went into Petra, only a few minutes drive away, with the lovely church and where there is a good choice of restaurants, two small supermarkets, bakers and a very good butcher.
Birds Bay is well positioned to visit many places in the north of the island by car but close enough to Anaxos Beach (great waves) to walk to if you don't mind a scramble across the rocks from the narrow track that runs along the front of Birds Bay.

We loved the narrow streets of Molyvos, only a ten minute drive away, I would recommend 'The Captains Table' for a lovely evening meal on the harbour or watch an evening film at the outdoor cinema on the outskirts of Molyvos.

Birds Bay is a wonderful place to stay.

The only negative of the area would be the OXY CLUB across the bay of Petra, (can't understand how it got permission to be built) the lasers from the club stretch across the evening sky a few nights a week, then....... Boom Boom Boom the sound of the music lasting well into the early morning could sometimes be heard from our bedroom.
Do the people of Petra really want to turn it into a Party town? I don't believe so, I hope not. However this did not stop us enjoying our stay at Birds bay, or Petra, in fact the positives definitely out weighed this one and only negative.

Places I would recommend to visit by car:
The thermal springs at Efthalou
The harbour and church at Skala Sikaminias (great stop off for lunch)
Monastery of Limonos
Gogo Museum of Vatoussa
Stop off at the Pond outside Skalochori, amazing wildlife!
On the way to the Petrified Forest stop for lunch at the lovely shaded village of Antissa and play a game of backgammon.
Sunday lunch at the restaurant in the village of Vafios
Monastery of Moni ypsilou near Sigri
Bakery at Skala Kallonis fantastic bread!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2015

It was our first holiday in Greece and one we will never forget. Birds Bay excells in the lay out of its appartments, each offering great views of the sea and Petra bay, the nice gardens with flowers, fruit and herbs (you may pick), the gorgeous infinity pool and Birds Bay Café serving fresh and delicious food. Manager Panagiotis and cook Georgia made our holiday a memorable one with the kind attention to our children, good advice for nice trips and assistance with bookings etc. We felt very welcome and it contributed to a truly relaxing holiday. From Birds Bay you can undertake may nice outings and there are plenty of good restaurants both in Anaxos and Molyvos to choose from. We especially recommend Captains Table in Molyvos serving outstanding Greek dishes.

Date of stay: July 2015