“Our Greek Friends”

Ranked #22 of 41 Restaurants in Petra
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been on Lesvos for four Times. First we stayed in Molyvos - the next two Years in Anaxos and this Year in Petra. The first two Years, our Favorite was "Hippocampus Beach Bar" in Anaxos. But last Year it was closed. The owners, Dimitris and Katherina, told us about "Coco Cafe". So we visited it with our "old greek friends" and found new friends in Jota and Kostas (of "Coco"). Both are really friendly people, who cares a lot of their Customers and also about the Beach (cleaning and so on). The Diner Card is full of tasty greek Specialities, but you can also find Pizza and Burgers (handmade, of course). We have tested nearly every meal from this Card and everything is fantastic. The prices are fair and the athmospere on this part of the Beach is the best in Petra.
Jota and Kostas helped us by some little and some big Problems and like to have a small talk with their guests - if it is not too busy ...
"Coco Cafe" - our Nr. 1 in Petra!

1  Thank frank s

Reviewed September 25, 2012

cocos is a great place to eat drink and relaxing.
every day they have fresh food kosta and yotta are great chef´s
and all for a good price!!
the beach is very clean and good to relax!
and don´t forget they have the best coffee on the island.
so i hope that they do cocos for many years.
so everybody come to cocos in petra on the corner of the harbour!!!!

jens and fleur holland

1  Thank Jens S
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fantastisc Greek Restaurant with a super service and very very friendly host Penny and Kostas
Second time on the island, and this week we eat lunch every day at Cocos. every day - Penny told us - Today we ave this and this - new fresch courses every day - Fantastic
Me a´nd my girlfriend can only recomend this to anyone !

2  Thank Lasse A
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I’ve been fortunate to be able to do a lot of travelling in the last two decades, and to have eaten in some world class establishments. Still, if you were to ask me where in the world I’d most like to spend a couple of hours over lunch on a bright June day with my wife and soulmate, it would be Coco’s in Petra.

Why? Because of the sense of peace; because of the mountain backdrop; because of the stunning views across the bay to the church on the rock; because of the location, to one end of the bay, at a calming distance from the relative throng of ‘the main strip’; because of the fresh, traditional Greek fare; because of the generosity and spirit of our hosts, ‘Penny’ and Costas; and because afterwards I can take my frappe, stroll across to the beach and enjoy one of the nicest spots to sit and stare on an Island with plenty of competition for that accolade. Dinner's good too.

There’s a recent, comprehensively damning review, from TaniaS850. While no service business in the world can please all of the people all of the time, and I’m sure that Cocos (or Lesvos, for that matter) wouldn’t be for everyone, I simply don’t recognise any of the criticisms in that review.

Although we rarely stay in Petra itself, we’ve chosen to go out of our way to visit Coco’s many times over several years, and we very often see familiar faces. My own experience is that you’d really have to make an effort if you wanted to have an unpleasant time there. I’m looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Can not understand the review about the service or food or beach. Many people return year after year and would be happy to recommend Coco Cafe to anyone. We have just returned and had a wonderful time. The beach is clean and the water is so clear in fact the best in the area. Penny and Costa are friendly and their food both during the day and in the evening is an absolute joy.

1  Thank JennyRojales_Spain