“Exquisite !!!”
Review of Lucia Villas

Lucia Villas
Ranked #15 of 48 Perissa B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Congratulations for the excellent hospitality and good service... the most important was the cleanliness and location ! was near the sea and the ancient thira ..The hotel offers relaxing moments in the pool bar . The area is unique !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kathy d

Reviewed August 12, 2013

To start on a positive note, the staff at this hotel were very friendly, hospitable, and non-intrusive. Location-wise, it was also very convenient. To be quite blunt though, I was not impressed by the hotel or our room. The room we stayed in was dark, unkempt and in need of serious renovation. We didn't spend much time in the room, mostly because it was depressing to be in. The bathroom was tiny and shower was almost unusable. We had to wear socks around because the floors were actually greasy (I don't know why...). Don't let the traditional blue and white Santorini style facade fool you. I didn't have high expectations because of the fairly cheap rate we paid and the low star rating- it becomes clear now why this is.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marns806
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This small family run hotel in Perissa has me torn on how i feel about it. The hospitality shown by the owner and the rest of the family is second to none. This really can't be faulted. The room we stayed in, despite stating we wanted a double turned out to be 2 small single beds, so we improvised and put them together like most people.

The room itself was small, with a very small kitchen, the problem here is the utensils were filthy and the 'big knife' was covered in rust (i hope tripadvisor display the photos i have attached), the Tea-towels were stained and the kettle only worked if i kept my finger on the button.

The satellite television isn't quite satellite i am used to, BBC world news on repeat and repeat and repeat. The balcony was small and this was our only source of natural light. If the weather was windy, rainy we had to close this door which left us with very little light in the room.

Reading other reviews it really is evident that we were on the short end of the stick, out of season and there were other rooms available which they could have located us in.

Would i stay here again, im afraid not, but that is my opinion and i really do not like giving bad reviews especially when it is a family run business.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DC98
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have just returned from 2 weeks at Lucia Villas and had a fabulous time. There were 6 in our party myself, husband, 2 children and In Law's and we had 2 rooms. The rooms were comfortable and cleaned every day which included a change of towels and the bed linen changed every other day. The cleaner worked really hard and our room was always spotless. There was a decent sized kitchen with a cooker and 2 cooking rings and a fridge, and although we ate out most of the time the kitchen was more than well equipped if you wanted to make your own meals.
The pool area was on the small side, however, it was never busy so there was always sun loungers available.
The accomodation was situated in a quiet area with views of the mountains with a gorgeous church nestled there which we walked to and highly recommend! It was also within walking distance to the restaurants and the beach. Santorini is an amazing island, the food first class and relatively uncommercialised and we are already looking to book again for next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I returned on Wednesday after a week long stay here. This is my 6th visit in 8 summers to the island of Santorini. I call it my second home! This was my first stay at Lucia after booking the trip totally independantly without the aid of a travel agent or as a holiday package as in previous visits to the island.

Travelling solo to anything new is always a little scary but knowing the island and the location quite well really helped. The welcome was good and I didn't really see much of the owners throughout my stay as I tend to go out in a morning and not return until sunset. The pool area is lovely a clean and the public terrace above the pool bar has a fabulous view. The mattresses on the bed were evidently new this season, if a little hard and uncomfortable, and it was obvious some improvements had been made over the winter. I loved the little kitchenette that was in a separate alcove within the room and the space in the bathroom, especially when I compare to previous stays in the resort of Perissa. Other positives - Free Aircon and safe hire.

I was given a double room as requested but not the sea view I hoped for. However, a little further investigation around the complex and I discovered that very few of the rooms have full or partial sea views, as the balconies have been designed in many cases to get the afternoon sun from around noon to sunset. However, a short walk along the corridor and you get the public terrace as mentioned above for a view. Often on a evening, I would return to the complex, make a brew and go sit on the terrace to watch the world go by!

Location wise is fairly quiet but is only 5 minutes walk down hill from the nearest bakery - although this is slightly more expensive - and 15 minutes walk from main coop supermarket and the larger and cheaper bakery. There is a tavern within 2 minutes walk although I didn't try this one, the beach is 5 minutes walk away and the main resort just before you get to the supermarket.

Things to improve:

(1) The pressure on the showers - I get used to limited hot water in Greece.
(2) The fridge door in my little kitchenette was slightly broken and could do with replacing
(3) The comfort on the mattresses

Overall a fabulous stay and I will definitely be return next year assuming I can get cheapish flights!

Room Tip: The complex offers double and twin room preference and you can request what you want. High floors...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2013

These apartments are ideally situated in a quiet area of Perissa, but only a short walk from restaurants and bars. We had booked a studio and this was ideal for 2 people for 7 nights. There was a fridge and a 2-burner hotplate. Unusually for Greece there was also a kettle. We have been self-catering to Greece many times and these are probably the cleanest apartments we have ever been to. The bathroom bin was emptied every day and clean towels provided daily. All communal areas were also very clean.
The only downside here was the pool area. Unfortunately it was very small and claustrophobic. Great views though. Luckily we were able to use the pool area at the Marianna Hotel across the road. This was ideal as for the first few days of our stay the Lucia bar was hardly ever open. Too early in the season?
Our stay did not get off to a good start. We arrived around 9.45pm to find everything in semi-darkness and reception closed. After much panic we found a notice directing us to our room. It was on the first floor, not in the entrance. It was very worrying as the place didn't seem to be open. There was no sign of life. Surely it's not too much to ask for guests to be welcomed personally before 10 pm? After that things improved and we found everybody to be friendly and helpful. My husband had an accident and the owner took us to the hospital in Fira in her car. However we had to ask the Marianna Hotel to contact her as the emergency number was behind a locked door in reception! She was there within 5 minutes.
We would recommend Lucia Villas, but only if you like everything very low key and are prepared to be very independent.

Room Tip: Choose a high room at the front. Great views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Svea
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location is convenient;so close to the main road and the centre of Perissa but still so quiet and with privacy. About 5 min. walk to the beach.The owners are very friendly, helpful, always willing to assist you and very discreet. The room was specious and comfortable. The kitcenette was well-equipped(amazingly cool small fridge)and we could enjoy our meals in the beautifull balcony. We enjoyed,day and night(8am-9pm),the small refreshing pool.Although the hotel was full, it was very quiet and peaceful. It felt like home! As it's name says it's ideal for families. young couples.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family