Smaragdi Hotel
Orbitz.com
$103
Agoda.com
$312
All reviewsbudget roomwelcome meetinghoneymoon suitethe busperivolos beachpool areablack beachfree transferhotel stafffira and oiafew metersbeach roadbars and restaurantsa family run hotelsantorini islandsmall kitchenettelovely pool
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Once Smaragdi, always Smaragdi...
Like the precious stone this hotel kept us speechless by its beauty. Well designed, with an harmonic distribution of rooms and suites around palm trees and a nice swimming pool. Its location is convenient (bus station, mini market and taverns in the viscinity. Less than 100 meters away from the most beautiful beach of Santorini, we enjoyed the amazing sunrise and the best sea. Our room was clean, spacious and quiet, well furnished with modern facilities and an original touch of elegance. Best value for money we ever had. The owners are the most friendly hosts and everyone at the property was attentive, kind and really competent.
We had an unforgettable stay, we definitely come back
...Once Smaragdi, always Smaragdi

4  Thank Natalia-Aris
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It wasn't a planned holiday. I was on leave due to an injury and Santorini was the most convenient place to recover (true story!).
Hotel staff were always helpful, did their best to assist me given my injury. I had to move several times in 3 weeks due to high season bookings, but they made it as simple as possible.
The poolside area is lovely and used by many of the guests.
The rooms were all large enough and had the basics you would expect. The kitchen facilities were quite basic however.
You get much more for your money in Perissa than FIra, and this hotel was no exception.
The beach is 150m and there are numerous restaurants and bars within an easy walk.
I would happily stay here again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great selection of room types and the best staff ever

Rarely can you find a hotel with that size to have such a selection of room types. We stayed 2 days in an economy room, petite budget, and 2 days in a deluxe studio. Both types were good size, good decorated, spotless clean and value for money. We were informed that some deluxe studios were renovated this year and you could see that. Especially I would like to mention that we enjoy the brilliant bathroom shower with glass bricks and the big size confortable bed. The gardens and the pool area were just perfect. The location is second to none for someone who wants to be just a few steps away to the famous black beach. The staff is dedicated to make you feel comfortable and very helpful. Maria is full of fantastic recommendations and she always asks if you have any problem or how was your day in such a friendly and warm way. We felt free to report anything that we need and she tried her best to handle it right away. We will return for sure and next time maybe we will try one of their suites.

Room Tip: All rooms were great
6  Thank James V
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This marks my fifth visit to Santorini Island. I simply cannot get enough of this beautiful place, and it keeps me coming back year after year. (Next year, my fiance and I are getting married in Santorini!)

As always, I stayed at the lovely Smaragdi Hotel in Perivolos Beach. I wanted to provide my full review of Smaragdi Hotel again for my visit this year since they're improving things all the time.

Here we go!

STAFF
This is easily the BEST part of Smaragdi. Their staff is phenomenal. Maria, George, Dmitris, and everyone else. These wonderful, smiling, happy people are 1000% dedicated to making sure your experience in Santorini is everything you expect and more. I've never in my life encountered a hotel staff so united behind a single goal as I have at Smaragdi.

When you arrive, they make sure you get picked up at the port or airport (we always email in advance to arrange this). When you get to the hotel, they grab all of your luggage and take you to your room (what hotel does that these days???). Then, they invite you for a free welcome drink in their bar and explain the island and help you plan your trip. And throughout your entire stay, they're at the front desk ready anytime you have a question.

Personally, I think the best part is all of this is very REAL and GENUINE. No fake "corporate-style politeness" from these lovely people.

LOCATION
The hotel is a stone's throw from Perivolos beach. It's technically located between 2 beaches - Perissa and Perivolos. But it's all just one long beach, really.

I love Smaragdi Hotel's location because I'm all about the beach. When in Santorini, there's simply nothing better than relaxing beside the pool or lying out on a sunbed at the beach. Imagine wonderful Greek staff delivering delicious food and cold drinks right to your sunbed on the beach! Nothing better.

From Smaragdi, you can easily rent a car to explore the other parts of the island. I rented a car a few times during my stay and arranged everything with Maria. Once I even had to make a last minute change to my car rental reservation and she handled all of it on the fly. Super professional.

INTERNET
When I travel, I NEED Internet. So this is a really important element for me. Smaragdi Hotel's wifi system is top notch. Good speeds and available throughout the hotel. Every once in awhile the Internet goes out for 30 seconds or something, but that's really because it's an island. I've had the same experience at Internet Cafes in Santorini so there's not really anything that can be done about it. It's never a big problem anyways.

ROOM
We had room #32. Great room, excellent decor, very very nice bathroom and shower. The room even included a small kitchenette with hot plate, sink, toaster, stuff like that. You can't make a full 5-course meal in here or anything, but it's perfect for little snacks.

Our room also had a very lovely veranda (balcony) overlooking the pool with some views out onto the beach and the crystal blue Aegean waters. Lovely!

We enjoyed room service a few times too. Great service with some small snacks.

POOL
I'm not much of a "hotel pool" person especially when there's a beach so close by, but the pool at Smaragdi is perfect. Lots of sunbeds, easy access to the bar (and the ICE CREAMS!!!!).

FOOD/BAR
They only serve light snacks and small bites at the hotel, but they have a full range of drink options. Great frappe coffee drinks, delicious Mythos beer on tap, wine, liquor, etc. In the afternoon, we had club sandwiches with fries a few times and always enjoyed it.

There's a dozen restaurants and beachside tavernas within 5, 10 minutes walking from the hotel so the food situation is really easy. Plus, we asked Maria a few times for delivery and she had a local delivery shop bring us sandwiches and pizza. Loved it.

SERVICES
They have all kinds of excursions available at the hotel. We chose the catamaran -- I love catamarans! -- and had a great time.

OVERALL
What can I say? I love this place. I felt at home, relaxed, and completely at ease. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We love the rooms near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank HavePointsWeTravel
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was the 13th year we have been to Santorini and the first year we went there we stayed at Smaragdi Hotel in Perissa and have stayed there every year since. The welcome you get is second to none from Maria, George and the rest of the family and staff, they always make you more welcome. The accommodation is clean, comfortable the rooms are cleaned every day, with clean towels and bedding every day the staff are friendly and you can approach them for anything that you need. The hotel is in a great position just on the outskirts of the village, 10 to 15 minutes stroll away with the beach 200 yards away and a good choice of restaurants within walking distance, the closest being 200 yards away. The hotel has a great pool and is great for families, with plenty of room round the pool for all the sun beds that are available, pool towels are also available and the bar has a good selection of drinks, snacks and ice creams. We will be going to Santroini next year and there is only one place we would think of staying at that is at the Smaragdi Hotel in Perissa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple