“GREAT PLACE THE MARIANNA”
Review of Marianna Hotel

Marianna Hotel
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Perissa
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been here a week so far, Maria & her staff have been" brilliant". The views from our balcony are quite spectacular, to the left we can see a church halfway up the mountain to the front the sea & the pool. The pool is large with plenty of sun beds & plenty of space around you . The location is spot on nice and quiet but still within a 5min walk to the beach. The restaurants are plentiful but our favourite so far is Gods Garden just nice people and great food.
Santorini is a beautiful island so much to see & do. We hired a quad from Mikes Bikes and we have traveled around the whole island AMAZING. Alex the bar man is nice guy looks after you well.
We are certainly thinking all ready that we will be back next year

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 4, 2012

hi just got back from a two week stay at the marianna,had an absolutey great time yes the rooms are basic but clean and spaceous(at least ours was).the pool area was very well set out with sunbeds spread out so everyone had there own space..as everyone says alex the barman is a star an asset to the hotel..maria was very friendly and helpfull..especially when we had to phone the uk on a landline...we had no trouble with our stay at all and would not hesitate to go back again..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank caddster
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed for a week in July. Although we have stayed in Kamari before, this was our first stay in Perissa. Less tourist shopping than Kamari, but that was a positive, as quieter than Kamari. We were extremely pleased with the hotel. We stayed in a self-catering apartment, which had lots of space, a balcony overlooking the mountain and a bathroom with shower. Free air-con. Everything was extremely clean, bedding and towels changed regularly, refuse removed every day. There was a two-ring cooker, sandwich toaster (which we didn't use), electric kettle and fridge. The sink and cupboard area had all crockery, cutlery and pans needed for self-catering, athough there isn't alot of space to prepare food and meals. The hotel is spotlessly clean, also the pool area, which was fabulous! Wooden sunloungers with comfortable cushioning, with loads of room around the pool and views of the sea and the mountain. The pool was nice and big and we were often able to swim by ourselves. Bliss. Alex reigns over the bar area. He is a lovely, helpful young man, with plenty of anecdotes and stories for willing listeners! Santorini is beautiful and always draws us back, as will the Marianna Hotel. Thank you everyone for a lovely stay.
Tip: although public transport is plentiful, we always hire a car, which gives so much more flexibility to see all of this small, beautiful island. We also recommend the newly reopened visitor centre at Ancient Akrotiri - absolutely fascinating. There are good supermarkets in Perissa and a fabulous 24-hour bakery down by the Coop supermarket. You will be spoilt for choice!

Room Tip: All rooms had good locations - we were at the rear, with a mountain-view. It was lovely and quiet.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ElizabethAnna1959
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a lovely hotel and in just the right place ,the rooms are small and basic but clean and have air con We also had money taken from our room 60 euros each .Did not get any help from Maria she said we must be wrong. We had to fill in a form at the airport with the Thompson rep but have not get any money back yet Shame as it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Barrie45
Maria Z, Owner at Marianna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I am really sorry about the incident but I hope you do understand that anybody can claim that s/he lost anything from his/her room and I cannot just give money without any solid proof. I did it the first time that somebody reported missing money from the room and it was a mistake. The whole situation makes me really sad, the stuff of my hotel, the only people who have access to the rooms apart from myself, have been working here for nine years and during this period I never had any problems of that kind.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hello guys the hotel is fantastic i like a lot also the island has the best view i have ever seen .
I is very peacefull place to stay and has all the comforts every room aircondision's ,TV and nice view from your own room !! Best part is clean and refreshing air around fill you with energy . The peploe here are very kind and warm . They can give many usefull information about the island and where to go . Thanks for the holiday's see you next year Maria room 33.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank giannhs s
Reviewed July 18, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel on 2 previous occasions with no problem - perfect. Unfortunately this June money went missing from my locked luggage in the room. I checked my bag on day 1 of the 2nd week and found £30 missing from one purse and 80 euros missing from the other. I told someone at the hotel who suggested I tell Maria, the manager but it was such an awkward situation as I'd stayed there before that I did nothing, regretfully. I came home and read 2 reviews on here which made me wish I had spoken up and perhaps prevented more thefts. It seems this has been happening since at least last year. My friend said she seemed short of money last year plus she could not find 2 pair of her sandals near the end of our holiday. What worries me is that if there is nothing to hide, why were management unhelpful and not doing everything they could to find out who the culprit was? Surely, you would want to keep your good reputation and sack the thieves. I just hope the situation has now been resolved and if anyone has booked here, just be careful with your belongings and don't leave spare locks and keys around the room, take them with you. Such a shame as I had really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank Tanji20

I am really sorry about what happened but you should have talked to me. I don't think I have been unhelpful and I don't have anything to hide, that's why If you had talked to me about it I would have called the police for an invastigation. Now I cannot do anything else and it's a shame.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Was very friendly, clean, ,family run hotel:, would not hestiate to stop again.
Breakfast was continetnal style, Maria is always at breakfast,very helpful and friendly.Pleased to serve coffee etc later on in the day also.
Free air conditioning, safety deposit box in every room-small cost per week .
Pool bar avalible in the day and evening, although we didnt use it much, lots seem too, good bar man -alex.
We stopped june 12th-26th, two weeks brillaint time, we have stopped twice in Santorini before but this has been the best hotel so far.
So just to say thanks to Maria and family and hope to see you next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adam T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Santa Irini Hotel
1 mi away
Smaragdi Hotel
Smaragdi Hotel
#3 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Marianna Hotel? Share your experiences!