“Lovely stay at the Marianna Hotel”
Review of Marianna Hotel

Marianna Hotel
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Perissa
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed for a week in July. Although we have stayed in Kamari before, this was our first stay in Perissa. Less tourist shopping than Kamari, but that was a positive, as quieter than Kamari. We were extremely pleased with the hotel. We stayed in a self-catering apartment, which had lots of space, a balcony overlooking the mountain and a bathroom with shower. Free air-con. Everything was extremely clean, bedding and towels changed regularly, refuse removed every day. There was a two-ring cooker, sandwich toaster (which we didn't use), electric kettle and fridge. The sink and cupboard area had all crockery, cutlery and pans needed for self-catering, athough there isn't alot of space to prepare food and meals. The hotel is spotlessly clean, also the pool area, which was fabulous! Wooden sunloungers with comfortable cushioning, with loads of room around the pool and views of the sea and the mountain. The pool was nice and big and we were often able to swim by ourselves. Bliss. Alex reigns over the bar area. He is a lovely, helpful young man, with plenty of anecdotes and stories for willing listeners! Santorini is beautiful and always draws us back, as will the Marianna Hotel. Thank you everyone for a lovely stay.
Tip: although public transport is plentiful, we always hire a car, which gives so much more flexibility to see all of this small, beautiful island. We also recommend the newly reopened visitor centre at Ancient Akrotiri - absolutely fascinating. There are good supermarkets in Perissa and a fabulous 24-hour bakery down by the Coop supermarket. You will be spoilt for choice!

Room Tip: All rooms had good locations - we were at the rear, with a mountain-view. It was lovely and quiet.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ElizabethAnna1959

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a lovely hotel and in just the right place ,the rooms are small and basic but clean and have air con We also had money taken from our room 60 euros each .Did not get any help from Maria she said we must be wrong. We had to fill in a form at the airport with the Thompson rep but have not get any money back yet Shame as it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Barrie45
Maria Z, Owner at Marianna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I am really sorry about the incident but I hope you do understand that anybody can claim that s/he lost anything from his/her room and I cannot just give money without any solid proof. I did it the first time that somebody reported missing money from the room and it was a mistake. The whole situation makes me really sad, the stuff of my hotel, the only people who have access to the rooms apart from myself, have been working here for nine years and during this period I never had any problems of that kind.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hello guys the hotel is fantastic i like a lot also the island has the best view i have ever seen .
I is very peacefull place to stay and has all the comforts every room aircondision's ,TV and nice view from your own room !! Best part is clean and refreshing air around fill you with energy . The peploe here are very kind and warm . They can give many usefull information about the island and where to go . Thanks for the holiday's see you next year Maria room 33.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank giannhs s
Reviewed July 18, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel on 2 previous occasions with no problem - perfect. Unfortunately this June money went missing from my locked luggage in the room. I checked my bag on day 1 of the 2nd week and found £30 missing from one purse and 80 euros missing from the other. I told someone at the hotel who suggested I tell Maria, the manager but it was such an awkward situation as I'd stayed there before that I did nothing, regretfully. I came home and read 2 reviews on here which made me wish I had spoken up and perhaps prevented more thefts. It seems this has been happening since at least last year. My friend said she seemed short of money last year plus she could not find 2 pair of her sandals near the end of our holiday. What worries me is that if there is nothing to hide, why were management unhelpful and not doing everything they could to find out who the culprit was? Surely, you would want to keep your good reputation and sack the thieves. I just hope the situation has now been resolved and if anyone has booked here, just be careful with your belongings and don't leave spare locks and keys around the room, take them with you. Such a shame as I had really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank Tanji20

I am really sorry about what happened but you should have talked to me. I don't think I have been unhelpful and I don't have anything to hide, that's why If you had talked to me about it I would have called the police for an invastigation. Now I cannot do anything else and it's a shame.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Was very friendly, clean, ,family run hotel:, would not hestiate to stop again.
Breakfast was continetnal style, Maria is always at breakfast,very helpful and friendly.Pleased to serve coffee etc later on in the day also.
Free air conditioning, safety deposit box in every room-small cost per week .
Pool bar avalible in the day and evening, although we didnt use it much, lots seem too, good bar man -alex.
We stopped june 12th-26th, two weeks brillaint time, we have stopped twice in Santorini before but this has been the best hotel so far.
So just to say thanks to Maria and family and hope to see you next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adam T
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here from the 19th to the 26th June and was booked with Thomson .
Maria checked us in quickly as we had been travelling since 6am that morning , our room was room 19 which was a lovely bright airy double bed room that looked out on to the pool ,from a large patio which was well used during our evenings .
As we had been to Perissa before in 2004 we knew what to expect of the resort , but this hotel really is a little gem , having a large pool and sunbathing area , plenty of sunbeds too with comfy mattresses .
We was self catering and a fridge and kettle as well as a sandwich toaster was provided , don't forget to pack a tea towel and dish cloth as these are useful , but not included .
The all important bar was run by Alex who is a very laid back barman , unfortunately he had to close the bar a couple of times to help out at the owners restaurant when they got busy with some Russian tourists , this did not help some people who were in need of a cold drink after walking up the slight hill . But we just made sure we had a few bottles of mythos in the fridge !!

Apart from that , I would stay here again as it was such a relaxing place to be .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank janiebaby
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in May 2012 on a package holiday with Thomsons.We had a studio room( no 30) which had a balcony overlooking the pool and the sea.
The room facilities were very good with a very nice bathroom and shower(lovely tiling).
The main room had air conditioning,a television ,fridge and all the required electrical gadgets (apart from a toaster!).
The balcony was perfect for breakfast and for an evening pre- dinner drink!
The hotel was quiet which we much appreciated and all in all we were delighted with our choice.
We have no hesitation in recommending it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lyn W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Roula Villa
#30 of 40 in Perissa
Villa Markos
Villa Markos
#14 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Marianna Hotel? Share your experiences!