“Delicious Sardines”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

Ate here on our first night. Sardines with bread, declined the fries, doesn't work with fresh sardines. Manger reduced our bill, as we didn't have the fries. Can't be fairer than that. Also shared a Greek Salad, delicious. Staff were very friendly and very obliging. Will definitely eat here again, before we head back home.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I ate here during our stay and both commented that this was the best value meal we had on the island, we enjoyed entrees and seafood mains as well as 2 rounds of drinks and spent around €40

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 28, 2016 via mobile

We have visited many times food from Apollon, I can say almost everyday while they are preparing really delicious italian food for their customers. The staff is very friendly and open hearted.:) Please give a try to Santorini salad, if you want to try something very special there.

1  Thank Rakesh K
Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

Great mixed grill for two, loaded with meat and salad along with the usual breads etc, nice setting near the beach, really good mixed grill.

1  Thank Judobas951
Reviewed April 24, 2016

Having visited this restaurant in October 2015, and being blown away by the meal we enjoyed, (see my previous review of this restaurant) I was looking forward to a delightful meal at one of my favourite restaurants in Santorini on my rerurn. Given that it was the very beginning of the season, and many of the restaurants on the beach road were still closed, I was delighted to find Apollon open. So why was I disappointed this time around. The service was good, and the restaurant was beautiful as it was on my first visit...but the food was not.
. I ordered lamb chops. I received 4 overcooked lamb chops with very little meat on them, beautiful home made chips, but only about 10 of them! And a tiny bit of salad. The meal was spread out on the plate to make it. look like there was a lot more than there actually was. My friend had sea bream which she said was delicious, but again the chips and salad portion was tiny....we were still hungry after the meal! We did receive a complimentary portion of cake...and we were still hungry!
With a bit of tweaking, this could have been a great meal, but as it was, we were disappointed this time around, and sadly, I have been put off returning here.