“Found this hostel's ratings inaccurate”
Review of Youth Hostel Anna

Youth Hostel Anna
Ranked #44 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Perissa
“Found this hostel's ratings inaccurate”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is my first time reviewing a hostel. I have only chosen to write this review because I feel the information I found regarding this hostel on other sites is inaccurate. I stayed in the dorm.

(1) There is no door to the dorm room, it opens directly into a stairwell with direct street access. The hostel has no security, save a locker in an easily accessed room.

(2) The hostel has no kitchen, refrigerator, or dining room.

(3) The bathrooms were not cleaned, and not stocked with supplies.

I didn't pay less for this hostel than any other I have stayed in. The least that could be provided is a bedroom door. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Marseille, France
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Well if you dont want to Spend to much money its à good place but the service is terrible ! They wanted us to Pay the return transfert to the port and they gave us wrong ferry schedules. They were just too lazy to Check the good one. No hot water. A lot of insects in the room
Thén you need to know That if you book a private room you Will be in "villa mihalis" That is 10minutes walking from the réception of youth hostel anna. But you have the pool . And if you sleep in à dormbed you cant have access to the pool..
Good thing is That is was cheap so just dépend on How you want to Spend your holidays in santorini !

• Stayed June 2014

Travelers are raving about these Perissa hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I came here in the beginning of May and it was so much fun ! There are about 4 main towns on this island and this was for sure the cheapest. This hostel was the cheapest I stayed at for the whole four month trip. I liked how you can just rent a quad and see the whole island in day and all the touristy and post card things everyone reads about for Santorini. If you are a hard party go-er then just go to Oia or Fira for one night to party hard. But i highly recommend staying here. It was real nice how we came before the season really began and actually got to interact and talk to the Greek people. I went with two other girls and even hitch hiked all around the island. Picked up in minutes every time and nothing bad ever happened. The hostel was very clean as well just an amazing time. Even cried when i had to leave and go to London. Stay here and see the island! Great time !

Room Tip: Pay the extra Euro to stay upstairs! It has wifi and is never really cold and damp like I heard down...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed in a private room at youth hostel Anna for 5 nights. The accommodation was very clean, the bedroom for budget travellers is a generous size with its own private bathroom and a very reasonable price. The ground and pool was immaculately kept. The location of youth hostel Anna in perissa was great, close to restaurants, bars and 5 mins walk to the black beach. I would recommend this accommodation to other travellers travelling to santorini.

Room Tip: Choose a private room. Private rooms are a very reasonable price and because the private rooms are s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clare M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Honestly, this has been my worst stay in a hostel so far. Not only was the hostel dirty but the owner and manager was extremely rude to us. Do yourself a favor and spend your money somewhere else. We stayed in Santorini for 4 nights, the first night we arrived we stayed at Youth Hostel Anna... But everything was so TERRIBLE that we went to Katerina & John for the other 3 nights, it was a lot cheaper, cleaner, and at least the owner was nicer and not so rude like this guy. Did I forget to mention that the guy was so rude that he tried to hit my boyfriend just because we didn't want to stay at his hostel for the nights that we had left in Santorini. Extremely disrespectful, i don't recommend this hostel to anybody.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Andrea P
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

It's a hostel, not a 5 star resort so you can't always expect to have amazing showers and beds and quietness when you book in to one. However in saying that, having clean ones is always good. The bathrooms aren't great, but they're bearable. Wifi did work in my room but not for others. Literally a 5 minute walk to the long black beaches of Santorini, so fun to tan and chill on, and within a minute walk to a tour shop where they have a full day tour of Santorini with the volcano walk, hot springs swim and finishing in the sunset of Oia - we did this and it was totally worth it. Customer service was good, always helped you out when you needed it, rooms are normal, but can get hot.

• Stayed August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in a 10 bed dorm.. to our detriment.
The first night we arrived we were exhausted and hoping to get some form of sleep. Instead it was noisy and loud outside our room until 5 in the morning. The air con in the room was absolutely horrific! Didn't work properly and we woke up in the middle of the night in the sweats.
The showers were disgusting and down a flight of stairs outside the room.
Internet didn't work in the room and there was only ONE plug for ten people???
We were really disappointed and felt that this hostel spoiled our visit to santorini.

Room Tip: Do not book a 10 bed dorm.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Katerina and John's Hotel
#8 of 17 in Perivolos
Caveland
Caveland
#2 of 10 in Karteradhos

Been to Youth Hostel Anna? Share your experiences!