“Overall a good stay!!”
Review of Youth Hostel Anna

Youth Hostel Anna
Ranked #45 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Perissa
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The lady at reception was so helpful. She was always going out of her way to help the guests. Rooms were clean, with air con too which is good in the hot Greek summer. Five minutes to walk to the black beach and the beach bar club making the location great. Also you get 15% discount at the reception accross the road were the food is pretty tasty!!

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I am a 20 year old student who recently did a euro trip. My friend and I booked this hostel as the majority of the reviews made it sound good. Unfortunatly they were wrong. The hostel itself was very helpful and they offered port transfer. Although, the rooms had sketchy old bunk beds, there were hardly any plugs and everyone always left the door wide open. Right when you walked out the door there was the street so it was very loud and there were no personal lights in the room so you had to turn on the huge overhead light whenever someone came in. The bathroom was seperate from the rooms and disgusting! I'm not usually one to complain but take my word for it. The showers were dirty and clogged so the water was backed up. The toilets smelt horrible to the point where we would go to a restaurant to go to the bathroom. I would not recommened this place. It also was not close to anything youd really wanna see in Santorini! Although it was close to shops, restaurants and perissa beach.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed April 21, 2010

When we got to the hostel we simply couldn't believe it: swimming pool, rooms for 2 people, private bathroom, fridge inside the room, really cheap and 10 minutes away from the black-sand beach! This was the best hostel in our "Interrail" trip. Will never forget it!

Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2010

the staff were really helpful with planning ferrys to the rest of the greek islands. it's a great place to stay if you're on a budget and want to meet people.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2010

We liked Santorini so much that we disembarked. We asked where a good place to say was and we were told Perissa. We found the youth hostel and fell in love. Great price, friendly people. We were placed in a private room for two. It was clean and we had access to the pool as well as the beach. What a great, quiet place for us to stay!!

Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I just got out of the ferry and overwhelmed by so many people offering you a place to stay. I took the one saying International Youth Hostel. Asked the guy how far it is out to Fira, the capital of Santorini. " Not too long", that's what he said, but it took forever to get there with the bus. The hostel is at the other end of the Island.
The hostel does offer Internet for a ok charge, and you can rent bikes and ATVs, buy ferry tickets.
You also get a discount on food at the restaurant at the other side of the street. The rooms were ok.
So late afternoon, it's really hot in my room and I ask about the air-conditioning. I was told that it is turned on at the reception at a certain time.
At 10Pm, the A/C still didn't work, I tried everything to get it on and the reception is closed. Only open from 8Am-2Pm and 6Pm-10Pm.
I wouldn't go there again, I am sure there must be something better at the same price.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2009

This was my first hostel experience and i loved it! They pick you up from the port in Santorini in their minibus free of charge and take you to the hostel. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm rooms which i would highly recommend - they are large, very clean, have air con and you all have a large locker to put your stuff in. These were 7 euros a night during July. The 3 bed private dorms were more expensive, and also up a floor - so depending if you want to be more sociable or not..
DO NOT be tempted by the 5euro a night dorm - this is downstairs in the basement, right beside the showers and bathrooms, and was regularly invaded by masses of cockroaches!

This hostel was right beside the beach, and plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. I recommend going to the Bar Soula as if you buy one drink you get free use of their amazing pool out the back.

Hostel Anna was an amzing social hostel-we met lots of interesting people here and the patio out the front is great for socialising! The only downside would be the showers and toilets-they were a bit rank and sharing 3showers and 2toilets for the whole hostel could be tough!but you well worth the money overalll...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
0 mi away
#3 of 40 in Perissa
Stelios Place
Stelios Place
#2 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Youth Hostel Anna? Share your experiences!