“Missing Possessions?”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Perissa
Sydney, Australia
“Missing Possessions?”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at Drossos Hotel with two of my friends and we honestly really enjoyed our stay. The receptionist was extremely helpful and nice. However, sadly, on our last day at the hotel my friends and I had been out sun-baking by the pool when it appears that my iPad had gone missing. Unfortunately I had not realised it was not in my bag until I was on a ferry half-way back to Athens! I have emailed the hotel owner and website a number of times asking if they could look into this issue and have not had a single response. I feel so disappointed because I had truly enjoyed my stay and my experience up until this point and have so many memories of my entire travels stored on iPad and now they're all gone!
My only advise that I wish I had have taken myself is that if you are planning to stay at Drossos Hotel MAKE SURE YOU LOCK UP ALL OF YOUR BELONNINGS!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank JessieWinners

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived there we expected less but it was ok and the owner was very nice and helpful (and that counts).
We got a huge room with a huge terrase. The furniture was ok, made of wood, the room was clean and cleaned every day. The room was equipped wit fridge, AC (we needed it because it was very, very hot), hair dryer, phone - it was a liitle bit more than I expected at a 3 stars hotel.
Why I didn't like was the water in the showers - salty water. The bathroom was a but rusty (I guess it was also because of the salt) and hot water was not an option but taking into account that it was very hot, we didn't need hot water.
I liked the cobbles around the hotel but it was difficult to carry your luggage there. The surroundings are very well taken care of: garden and pool, plants around the building giving the whole location a romantic look.
The location was great - 5 minutes away from the beach, supermarket across the street, lots of restaurant right near the hotel, car rentals 2 min away.
You have the option of visiting the whole island in one day and I totally recommend that - it is beautiful and you can see differences between different locations even though it is not very large.
I liked the hotel and would come back again. Perissa is a bit quiet and too calm for my taste. If you are looking for an animated place to go in Santorini I would choose Kamari.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank cri1909_ro
Sibiu, Romania
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel was beyond my expectation of a usual 3* greek hotel, very well situated 400m from the beach, but surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops, car rentals and tour operator offices. The hotel is clean, friendly staff, good services, good breakfast buffet. I would recommend this place to friends, and I would come here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TheTrav3llingDuck
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stopped here two nights and did not realise that is on the other side of the Island from the port. We found the easiest way was to negotiate a fare with a tour bus operator at the port as there are no direct buses. Staff are friendly and rooms large with basic furniture. Bathroom was an issue with hot water & being salty but were told that the later is an Island issue. Hotel is a 5 min walk from the beach but does have a supermarket and laundry across the road. Overall basic room for the price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OD100
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our way to IOS. Lady at reception is very friendly and helpful. She booked us into a room that was on the ground floor. I could get into the bathroom but not use the shower but I was expecting this as I just wanted somewhere to put my head down before my onward journey even the bed were rock hard!. Cobbles all the way around the hotel which is not good for your wheelchair and difficult to wheel over so unless you can back wheel balance or have someone with you to tip you back onto two wheels, you will find it difficult. Our return stay was terrible. Knowing that I was in a wheelchair and I could not walk I was now booked into a room with three steps going up to the landing. I had to get the night porter to help me get up the stairs. I could not get into the bathroom properly. The bedsheets had stains over them and the floor was filthy. How disappointing. I am not sure I would recommend this hotel to someone able-bodied. The breakfast is poor, boiled eggs and ham we ended up eating breakfast and the wonderful God's Garden across the road.

Room Tip: Not recommended for wheelchair users who cannot walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Snoopey

Travelers are raving about these Perissa hotels

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a terrible hotel so people who are used to a minimum comfort should avoid check-in to this hotel.
- first of all, they use salty water....they use the excuse that being on a island that is the only water you can get. Wrong, we had some friends who checked in to another hotel in Fira and they had normal water. Also, on the beach if you take a shower, you can be surprised to find normal water not salty. So, I guess they use salty water just to reduce the costs.
- secondly, the bathrooms are horrible! everything is full of rust. Also the sink and toilet are full of salt because they do not clean and also do not use detergents. We asked two times to clean the bathroom but they haven't! They only said they did but we have not notice something sparkling. Also in the bathroom there is no bathtub or shower cabin. There is only a plastic curtain and each time you take a shower, all the water goes all over the bathroom floor!
- breakfast: poor food, bad quality products, all the plates are filthy and of course full of salt. When we arrived at the hotel they advice us to buy water as the tap water is not drinkable. I wanted to make a cup of tee and when I pour some hot water into my cup I discover that they use tap water and all the salt was flouting in my cup and had a terrible taste. After I told them to change the water they used normal water. Also. when I took a spoon I sow rust on it.
In rest...the hotel is filthy, also the pool is not clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AnneVas
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

great hotel, friendly and helpful staff. fantastic location. near shops and pubs and not at all far from the water park or everything along the beach and sea front/promenade. clean and comfortable. I personally hate continental breakfast but free coffee when you want and I liked the yoghurt and honey!! lovely pool but the sun beds got very hot in the sun! and the stones on the floor round the pool were just painful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo