Samson's Village is by far the most beautiful place I have stayed in in Greece. Santorini itself is gorgeous with its white-washed cliffs and amazing architecture. But Samson's Village made our weeks stay complete in every way! Its beautifully traditional with it's white and blue domed studios and apartments and lagoon style pool. Its array of colourful flowers, outdoor sofas, mix-matched deck chairs and comfortable loungers made the place.
There is a pool bar which offers refreshing drinks (beer, wine and spirits all around 3 euros), coffee (2 euros) fresh juices and breakfast (4 euros per person from 8.30-11.30). We enjoyed many beers but never ate breakfast as we enjoyed using our personal kitchenette (complete with 2 ring hob, fridge/freezer, sink and all cooking utensils) we did see other people eating breakfast however and it looked yummy!!
Samson's village is located about a minutes walking distance from the beach (black sand) where deck chairs can be hired from approx 5 euros (for 2 with umbrella) if wanted, the sand for us was just as comfortable ;-). Perissa is full of tavernas, bars and restaurants, but we particularly enjoyed the variety along the beach front and didn't once have a bad meal.
We also visited Fira and Oia where we ate and watched the breathtaking sunsets, which many flock to see. There are hundreds of shops and 'secret' passageways lined in cobble stone to explore. Public transport arround the island is fantastic, and having expected a stuffy old bus was amazed to see that the buses were actually fully air-conditioned coaches!! The journey to Fira takes approx 20-25 minutes and from Fira other destinations can be reached. The latest bus back from Fira to Perrissa was at 23:00. Be warned that the coaches get very full and you can be standing- not a problem for us but for elderly people or families with young children this could cause a bit of a problem (im sure however people wound be friendly enough to give up their seat :-)
We hired a quad bike from the recommended Mikes Bikes, costing us 15 euros a day. This was awesome and we got to explore so many hidden parts of the island- I really recommend this!
We stayed in room number 35. It was lovely- containing kitchenette, comfortable double bed and a basic shower room. The room was spacious enough for 2 people and we enjoyed many glasses of Santo Wine on the balcony!
I could not finish this review without mentioning John. He was absolutely fantastic and although the manager of Samson's Village, does absolutely everything with the help of the two cleaners! He does not stop and truly does everything in his power to ensure you are happy and enjoying your time on the island. He is better than any travel rep I have ever met. He recommended restaurants, excursions, bike rental, best places to see the sunset etc. He also drove us to and from the airport and greeted us from start to finish with his smile and enthusiasm.
We will not hesitate to book Samson's Village again in the future and I would recommend it anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly built Samson's Village offers traditional Cycladic style accommodation with views to the sea, only 2 minutes from Perissa’s beach. Samson’s Village offers 15 traditionally styled studios and apartments with kitchenette and balcony offering views to the Aegean Sea or the pool. The complex offers a pool with deck chairs and pool bar. Guests can relax by the bar, or surf the internet at the free wireless internet area located by the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Samson's Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samson`s Village Hotel Perissa
- Samson's Village Santorini/Perissa