“Hotel Amelie was fantastic, with a great location and awesome service!”
Review of Amelie Hotel

Amelie Hotel
Ranked #7 of 44 Perissa B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Hotel Amelie was fantastic, with a great location and awesome service!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I read some reviews and decided to stay at Hotel Amelie because it was very reasonably priced, was close to the beach, and has a nice pool. The day I arrived there, I was greeted very warmly by the hotel staff and owner. The room was what I expected for the price that I paid, and the hotel was only a few blocks from the beach as advertised. The best part of my stay was the owner, Marios' hospitality. My friends and I were treated nightly to Marios' yummy concoctions at his poolside bar, and it was great to know that we had a little Oasis waiting back at our hotel after our long hours sightseeing Santorini during the day. Marios and his staff also took care of booking our excursions and gave us very helpful advise to make the most of our three day trip to Santorini.

I recommend anyone who wants to have a good time at a reasonably priced boutique hotel to stay at Hotel Amelie. The accommodations were fine, even with the small bathroom, and the service and location were excellent. I plan to spend my next stay at Hotel Amelie when visiting again the beautiful Greek Isle of Santorini!!

Room Tip: If you are a frequent flier on United Mileage Plus, you can use very reasonable mikes to get your mi...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I and my girlfriend booked this hotel based on the ratings it had on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed! We were received by one of the hotel owners, Vicky, from the taxi and we immediately felt welcome. She took a lot of time answering our questions before getting started on the island (such as things to do, where to get a car or quad, which beaches to go to and et cetera) and showed us, upon inquiry, two other rooms that were still free. She and the other staff members were all very friendly and they even invited us to free drinks at the bar. They all tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible; by helping us book excursions and by recommending local restaurants to us. Much to our surprise, even the cleaning lady was extremely friendly and greeted us by name. The rooms are rather spacious and are furnished very heartily. The bathrooms are a little small, but you have everything you need. Furthermore the hotel is very clean (even by a german standard) and the design of the rooms give rodents no places to hide. All in all, the hotel and all of the people (even the hotel guests), were much better than we had expected and we would return to this hotel any time.

I can recommend the location to everyone who is on a low budget and intends on spending a lot of time at the beach. For those that wish to spend more time in Fira, i would recommend renting a car, which you can do for only 20€ a day. I would not recommend renting a quad for the entire stay, since they are only minimally cheaper (16-18€ per day for a 200 cc) and you'll get tired of it pretty quick. We had originally rented a quad for the entire stay, but returned it on the second day and got a car, because everyone tries passing you (simply because you're on a quad, despite being able to drive up to 70 km/h). In addition you feel really sticky from the sea watered air and don't need to wear a helmet.

1 Thank Colin_LMC
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We booked about 6 months early on some special deal - unfortunately, it seemed we were given the worst room in the hotel, as we didn't even have a proper shower. It was just a hose and a shower curtain and you basically had to shower on top of the toilet. Also, our hot water didn't work for the first two nights despite telling the staff. And, our air conditioner rattled and turned on and off the entire night. Having said that, once we told Mario, the owner, he was nice enough to change us to a much better room. If we had had something similar to that in the first place, we would have enjoyed our stay much more. He was very apologetic however, and we were grateful that he listened to our concerns. the hotel is quite charming, with a lovely pool area and bar which fortunately was not too noisy. The breakfast is nice too and the girl that serves it is really sweet. However, there was one staff member who was very unhelpful. When we asked him what to do he kept saing he really didn't know. For example, we asked him there is to see at Ancient Santorini and he said "I don't know, it's ancient". It's unfortunate we didn't have the best experience as it really is a very nice hotel, particularly for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
amelie_santorini_htl, Owner at Amelie Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear adventuregirl1986,

I'm very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and I'm also pleased I could solve the issues you encountered. But allow me to add to your comments concerning your experience.

We have two rooms within the hotel that allow for travellers on a lower budget. These rooms are advertised at a lower rate than the remainder of the rooms due to the size of the room. This allows us to cater for a wider array of budgets and to offer value for money for all.

Although yes, the bathrooms are smaller and the rooms more compact they do still offer value as they each have a mini-fridge, satellite tv, hairdryer, direct telephone line, daily maid service, air conditioning and all fixtures and fittings are stone built. The size and rationale of the discount is clearly stated to the agent when we offer the discounted rate to them, obviously this should have been passed on by your agent.

Your issues with the air conditioning simply came about by the unit going into energy saving mode / temperature set mode. We regularly check the systems to make sure the relevant settings are in place, but with regular guest use, it appears this was missed on this occasion.

For hot water we use solar panels as well as electrical boiler heaters as an auxiliary water heating system. When the hotel is full, guests might experience hot water shortages which is immediately solved by manually turning on the boilers. If we'd been informed the minute you encountered the issue, we would have been able to correct it within 20-25 minutes, this is how long it takes for our boilers to heat 350 litres of water.

As for the staff comment, I have already picked this up with him and the response was that it was intended as a joke but clearly has been lost in translation! I strive to make everyone's experience a great one, I'm just sorry it took you a little longer to enjoy the hotel, but I hope the above justifications have made matters a little clearer.

Best Regards,

Marios
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Had a lovely stay at the Amelie hotel in Santorini, I spent a relaxing week with my girlfriend for our 4th anniversary and she loved the island and the hotel stay, Marios and Vicky were very pleasant hosts who were always willing to give us advice on where to head out for the day, they provided a nice start to the day with a continental breakfast and the chance to chill out by the pool if we wanted to with nice chilled music playing in the background, being only a 3 minute walk to the local Beach called Perissa we could spend the rest of the afternoon swimming in the gorgeous warm sea whilst relaxing with a cocktail and a book in hand.

The Island is so nice and our favourite little recommendation by Marios was a beach called Perivolos which only the locals knew about, this was a handy tip from a host who spends most of his day entertaining his guests with a great sense of humour and lovely warmth to make sure they are having the most relaxing time during their stay.

I would love to come back again sometime soon, the weather was perfect, the hotel so friendly, a nice bar for evening drinks and we even had a local cat who liked to pop by most days for the leftovers...

5/5...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Northamptonshire
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Small friendly hotel, close to beach and restaurants. Very friendly service, nothing was too much to ask.
Breakfast was a continental style buffet with several options available, served next to the pool and bar.
The swimming pool was small but clean and plenty big enough given the size of the hotel (we were often the only ones in it despite the hotel being fairly full). It also had plenty of sun loungers with umbrellas and seating where you could have drinks or snacks from the bar.

Brighton
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Just returned from a fantastic break at Hotel Amelie - all other reviews are spot on. Vicky, Marios and the staff make you so welcome. The hotel itself is spotless and the rooms are typically Greek - not large but clean towels and bedding on a regular basis, great aircon, cleaned perfectly every day. Most rooms have tables and chairs outside their doors but this is not a problem as each staircase only leads to one or two rooms.
The hotel is an oasis of calm in a very laid back, casual resort - we stayed 11 days and returned refreshed and revitalised - only wish we were still there!!

Room Tip: Request a room with balcony if they have it available - or room 207 which has its own staircase and...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I chose Amelie hotel because of the great reviews I read on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. It also didn't hurt that I received a very good deal online.

Let me start with the best part about this hotel, the owner Marios. He will go out of his way to make sure you have the best time in Greece. In addition to being a great host, Marios was also an excellent bartender for everyone.

As a solo traveler, I was hoping to meet people at the hotel. The other young couples I met at the hotel were very friendly and fun! Overall, great atmosphere and vibes here.

The hotel itself is simple and comfortable. The rooms are not too big, but you won't be spending much time there anyway! It is a short walk to Perissa beach and the hotel has its own pool and lounge area. If you want to go around the rest of the island you can rent ATVs nearby.

I wish I could have stayed longer and will definitely be back if I visit Santorini again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Stelios Place
#3 of 39 in Perissa
Artemis Village
Artemis Village
#5 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Amelie Hotel? Share your experiences!