All reviews margerita the bus minute walk margarita's hour bakery wonderful bakery comfy sunbeds catamaran tour lady who runs lovely lady fira and oia rooms are big private terrace the black sand beach walking distance to the beach would definitely stay here again the main road
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Margarenia Studios is conveniently located especially for those looking to save money and stay outside of congested/tourist-laden Fira and Oia. The accommodations are simple but you have a lot of space! It's located just off the main road in Santorini. If staying here, we'd recommend you rent a car as it's not as convenient to get around the island from this location otherwise. The bathroom could use some updating and at times there were some sewer smells coming from the shower. Overall, we had a good stay.

Above all else, Margarita, who runs the show at Margarenia was EXTREMELY helpful. She helped up rent a car, set up an amazing catamaran cruise and answered just about every question we had with enthusiasm. Having her as a resource to the island was the best part of all. Thank you for a great stay!

2  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed June 27, 2017

My friends and I rented 2 villas (2 couples each) from June 16 to 21 2017.
From the moment of check in, Margarita was welcoming and extremely helpful and seemed to have our best interests at heart (while recommending that ATVs were just NOT safe).
All of Margarita's recommendations regarding restaurants and places to see were spot on (Mr. E's in Fira, when to go to Oia to catch the best sunset, What was worthy and reasonably priced in all of Santorini). When my boyfriend got stuck in the bathroom, and they had to bread down the door, they handled it immediately and we all had a good laugh. Margarita runs a tight ship and you'll see her handling check ins, and serving up excellent poolside drinks.
The place itself was beautiful. The décor was simple but very clean and the service matched. The pool was fantastic and in general, we all had a blast and would DEFINITELY return.
Margarita, we could have benefitted from having your expertise in Mykonos too.

2  Thank sheenam6
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Where do I start, suppose the first thing to say is WOW! my wife and I absolutely loved this place. We arrived in the very early hours of Sunday morning to find a note had been left on the reception door informing us of our room number, so with no fuss we were in and settling down after a long flight. The apartment was spotless, spacious with 3 (that's right '3') balconies and was as the pictures on the internet had portrayed, personally I loved the enclosed shower. Next day we were so excited about being in Santorini again that we forgot to check in (oops) but no worry Margarita the proprietor came to see us and what a lovely lovely lady she is very helpful and full of very good recommendations on where to go and where to eat, as we'd already stayed in Perrissa the year before I knew that when she said that the Appollon and the Acropolis were good restaurants to eat in I knew that anything else she reccomended would be bang on,as we'd eaten there last year and they are superb.
The studios themselves are beautiful inside and outside, the pool area is spotlessly clean with a small child's pool and pool bar. Situated about 700 meters from the beach, it sounds far but it's about a 10 minute walk. You'll also find a supermarket about a 5 minute walk just past the go kart track, which isn't used anymore and there's a little convenience shop just across the road from the bus stop.
The buses run regularly and for the 2 of us to get to Thira cost €4.80 one way, once in Thira you can just hop on the next bus which goes to Oìa €1.80 ea.
If you have a night or 2 you fancy a take out and a few drinkies on the balcony of an evening, then ' To Souvalaki' is the place to get a takeaway pork (or chicken) gyros wrap , Margarita will point you in the right direction. Can't wait to go back to this lovely place and can't wait to see Margarita again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ipswichalan5
Reviewed June 12, 2017

The apartment was clean and very tidy. Our cleaner was very efficient and always smiling. Margarita very helpful giving us details for tours, restaurants and went out of her way to find me a salon when I had a nail emergency and drove me there and brought me back excellent customer service she could not do enough for us so that we had an enjoyable stay. The pool clean and comfortable sunbeds.

Room tip: top floor room for best view
2  Thank Ted472015
Reviewed June 10, 2017

This little hotel is an absolute gem! Margarita who runs it makes it so special that its like a home on holiday! We got room 15. Right at the top with a huge balcony with chairs and sunloungers on! It got the sun all day too. Pretty ideal! The room was great. Bed soooo comfy. Air con spot n. Everything u needed was provided. Pool area was lovely too although we only spent 1 day there out of our 4 day stay. Margarita makes this place what it is. Helped guide us around. Hired us a car, gave recommendations of where to go and what to do. Organised transport from airport and then to port. And to go one step further she is currently organising having some forgotten about clothes shipped to mykonos where I can get them in a few days! Doh! But that's what she is like! Nothing is too much trouble. So I can heartily recommend this place! It is a 12 in walk to beach and probably 20-25 to the further side of the beach for different bars and restuarants. We clocked up 10 k of walking on 3 days by going in/out twice a day. But it keeps u fit! Some places we liked were tranquilo and seaview for drinks. These are both reasonable on the front. Some are more expenses be so beware. Generally perissa is low key but so chilled and upmarket u can't help but fall in love! Do hire a car and see oia, fira as these are a must. Santorini is a little gem but the real gem is margarita at the margarenia studios!!

2  Thank linperrie