“Cosy, yummy and real value!”
Review of Taverna XANI - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had a long day at a tour and dined late as my fiancé wanted spagetti while I wanted a traditional chicken souvlaki. We were surprised with the size of the meals especially after having tried so many Italian and Greek meals, this was anazing and got free watermelon and liquere shots at the end!

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Very surprised to see this restaurant so low. You cannot leave Santorini without going to this restaurant and trying the fish platter. At only around 22euros you get the best amount of fish for two people you can imagine, as well as 0.5l of wine, large potion of chips and wine. The even throw in a free spirit at the end. A truly outstanding platter.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

It's the place with the most amazing food!!Thee years now going in Santorini I don;t even think about to go to another place to eat!!!Everything is so fresh and so yummy!!Vaggelis has an excellent talent to make the tastes so unique!!Last year I have even ate lamp because of him because I can not stand the taste of it!!!He disappear it!!!For this summer I suggest pasta in the oven and chicken souvlaki!!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Went to this restaurant quite a few times during our fortnights holiday. Mainly down to the fact they were offering 'Lamb in the oven' special for 5 euros. Yes, 5 euros. A real bargain and absolutely delicious and served with yummy chunky potato chips. Lovely staff and excellent service. Situated on the main road in Perissa.

1  Thank lil.chipmunk
Reviewed July 8, 2010

The food here is prepared fresh everyday with the lamb in the oven slowly cooked till it falls of the bone. Pizza's here are the best I have tasted anywhere and the service is spot on. The food that we ordered here was in my opinion the best for flavour and most importantly value. Hygine in this restaurant was never questionable as having watched staff in the kitchen I could see they took care in their preparation for each meal.
The grill specials for 5 euro's were varied and a great help with the budget.