“Tasty lunch”

Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Perissa
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located on the end of Perissa Beach by the Bus Stop,and is an ideal place to relax after a swim or to shelter from the heat of the sun. The Magic bus is designed to help you chill out. The decoration,lighting and music combine to help you relaxa and simply enjoy life. Our kitchen is open all day and With freshly made salads, special plates, pasta and of cource our world famous Magic Bus burger along with a number of dishes that are made fresh every day. Also we offer full service on the beach via our beach side cafe-restaurant and sun loungers are available too.
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Perfect lunch spot. My son had the club sandwhich on pita which was excellent. Owners were terrific hosts. My daughter and I each had smoked turkey sandwiches which here spot on.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Located right at the very (NE/Mountain/Kamari) end of the beach road, the ridiculously-named Magic Bus is a fabulous place to stop off at in the morning for a cooling drink or an excellent coffee and just sit and watch the comings and goings around you. Like many establishments here it exists on both sides of the beach road. The main section next to the Perissa bus stop is a bit dark and 'dive-y', but the section across the road next to the beach is fabulously placed, right next to a popular beach egress.

The two male hosts are charming. They speak excellent English (due to American uni educations) and are happy to stop for a chat in their quieter moments. There is no pressure to rush with them and they encouraged us to linger and put our feet up on the tree that grew out of the floor there. They have a section of lounger-loaded beach to look after too, so they were kept quite busy.

As I said before, the coffee is excellent. It was 'proper' coffee which isn't easy to find in Perissa. I tried both cappuccino and flat white and they were both good. My wife preferred tea, oddly served with a tiny jug of evaporated milk. One one occasion she had the melon juice and raved about that all day.

I can't say much about the food as I didn't indulge. I once had a crepe, smothered in chocolate and nuts which was exceptionally sweet and sticky. It was okay, but not the most amazing thing.

So in summary I would say that this is more a cafe than a restaurant, and a great place for a drink and to watch the world go by.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

What stands out about this place is the owners - the two guys are great. They are friendly and went out their way to help us with questions we had about Perissa and the island itself. Went their for drinks and breakfast - never dinner. It is not really a restauranty place, but seems great to grab a snack over a few beers, bottle of wine or a cocktail.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This bar has a nice atmosphere and the owner is very friendly. We went for dinner as it is listed as the No. 1 place in Perissa however I think it is better as a breakfast or lunch place, not for dinner. Food was tasty but the salads were not terribly exciting. Prices were okay and draught beer was good. I disagree with the reviewer who said it was the best mojito they had ever had, my daughter's was just okay, sugar wasn't fully dissolved, we've definitely had better.

As I say, maybe if we had gone at breakfast or lunch we would have been more impressed. It's a nice bar with a good atmosphere and lovely staff. We have found lovely staff all over Greece where ever we have been so far.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Magic bus is not just a great place to eat, its a place to receive to most fantastic Greek hospitality anywhere on the island. The place is run by two brothers Nickos and Christos who are the most charming, helpful caring people we've encountered on our travels, and their whole aim is to make sure you are having a fantastic experience.
The bar has a bohemian feel lots of wood, lounge chairs etc also an eating area above the beach. They have chairs and parasols on the beach on which they also provide a food and drinks service so you never even have to move just enjoy the view and chill.
This place is about the whole experience so if you are expecting white table cloths and fine dining then you may be disappointed, if you are looking for great food and outstanding service then give it a try.