“Stay at Holiday Beach Resort”

Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Perissa
Dallas
“Stay at Holiday Beach Resort”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel was in a great shape. This family-owned hotel was very friendly and nice.The staff was very friendly and nice. We had a last minute change of plans and one of the hotel employees offered to give us a ride, for additional charge of course. But it was nice and thoughtful. The rooms were very clean and organized. There was only soap in the bathroom, but this is across all Greece. So bring your shampoo and other bathroom items. The Kitchen was fully stocked and you are able to buy groceries and cook if you would like. The beach is 10 minute walk - but it is well worth it. There is a bus stop 1 minute away - always check the bus schedule with the staff before going to the bus stop. The breakfast was low key, but again, provided with care and love.
Note. There was no room service or Fitness Center. The pool was great, clean and with a bar.

Room Tip: There are two buildings - ask one with access to the pool if you plan to spend a lot of time in the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was my friend and I's last stop interrailing this summer, and we absolutely loved it. Our room was basic, but clean and thankfully equipped with essential air-con! We had a lovely long balcony with great views over the land and out to sea, with lots of beautiful flowers and trees all around us. This was great for having a quiet drink on at the end of the day. The pool is beautiful, and the perfect temperature for cooling off without freezing. Plenty of sunbeds to go round, tho some are a bit old and rickety. Brief walk along to the black sand beach as well as lots of restaurants and bars. Nice quiet location, would do well for travellers wanting to stick to themselves or keen to make friends. Our only trouble was we had a problematic key, which refused to open our room a lot of the time! (room 3). People were lovely and helpful also. I would love to come back for a longer stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool. its shut early so you wont be disturbed but its gorgeous lookin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed in a triple room here with two friends and although we were only meant to stay for 2 nights we stayed for 6 as we just didn't want to leave! The pool area is lovely (the bar wasn't open just yet though) the rooms were clean and had a decent size fridge and best of all the staff were beyond helpful and so so nice. The hotel is about a 5-7min walk to the beach and 5 mins to Carrefour and 5-7mins to the restaurants and pubs. We couldn't believe the value for money this hotel offered and would happily come back. On my last night (due to a mix up in ferry's) I had to be in the port for 3am and they waited to bring me down and made sure I got on the ferry ok. They also printed off my boarding pass for the next day and rang various places making enquiries for me. The only downside was the shower was a little awkward. Thanks for a great stay :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Staying here made my stay at Santorini worthwhile. The manager Yannis and his sister were beyond nice and helpful to make sure I enjoyed my stay around the Island.I was especially impressed with their hospitality. A few of my friends got into an accident and as soon as the owners of Holiday Beach found out they rushed over to the accident scene. They made sure we were well attended and did not leave the hospital until we had fully recovered. I was very much impressed by all of the attention and care that was given to us. My stay here was absolutely amazing, everyday our sheets and towels were replaced. In the room there is a refrigerator and AC. There is a pool and fast wifi. For the low price and amazing hospitality this place is very much worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This spot was absolutely amazing for the price that you spent. The pool and the rooms were amazing, the only not so good part was the really small shower. The pool was awesome, as well as the food and drinks at the pool side bar. Very close to the beach, not close to the port but someone came to pick us up and drop us off! The staff was amazing, the bartender at the pool as well as the front desk, etc. If I ever make it back, I will stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
East Molesey
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This review is a bit late in coming- considering I worked/holidayed here in 1995!, but this goes to show how great this place and how they have built a long standing reputation. A short walk takes you to the shops, bars and beach, a longer exhausting one takes you up a mountain and the most breathtaking views of ancient Greek ruins one could wish for. If you go in July you see a blood red moon setting over the sea (viewed from the pool area with a cocktail or two). Go in August and sit on one of their pool sunloungers at night and you have a most heavenly show of shooting stars I've yet to see elsewhere. All yours to discover :-)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Saint-Malo, France
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I've stayed at the hotel in August 2011 with family and friends to have a wedding ceremony on Santorini Caldera. The hotel's owners, a younger generation of an old Santorini family, did everything possible in the way of service. They've put candy and decorations in the rooms and the pool area, offered drinks at the bar and organized for us tours with transfer. It was a very nice experience.

While the rooms at the hotel are plain, the pool area is a marvel, thus it is the place for people who don't come to Santorini justto sit indoors. The beach can be reached by walking 13 mins, and the hotel is closer than the rest to a Carrefour supermarket. It is also a bit removed from the busy zone in Perissa and thus offers some privacy (and less noise).

This is the choice for travellers who count their money, and wish to stay on Santorini for a few days.

Room Tip: First floor has balconies with a sea view, side rooms on the ground floor have kitchenettes and very...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Constanch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Anny Studios
Atalos Apartments & Suites
Villa Clio
Villa Clio
#12 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!