“You know the Inbetweeners movie?”

Katerina and John's Hotel
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Perissa
London, United Kingdom
“You know the Inbetweeners movie?”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I couldn't help but think a poo on the floor would have brightened the place up a bit.
We showed up and were perplexed that the hostel we had seen in the photos and read so many great reviews about could have been this bad. There were actually cockroaches under my friends bed.
Dont get me wrong, we were not expecting paradise for the amount we were paying, I am avid backpacker and have stayed in my share of bad hostels. But we were just a bit out off by first impression, we stayed for a night but decided to change hostels as we were wanting a little more for our trip. The staff were friendly but didn't speak any English which wasn't that big of a problem. The pool was lovely! We went for a good swim then went for a walk to the beach (which they said was just opposite the hostel which turned out to be untrue).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank TazeyDaze

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hostel is cheap and cheerful. Perfect for a 4 night stay in Santorini.

John met us at the port at 02:00 with a smile and that smile stayed until he dropped us back at the port 4 days later.

Don't expect luxury for €17 a night for a double room. The room was big enough, had A/C and a clean bathroom with hot water. We just used it to sleep.

There is a cheap supermarket and a 24hr bakery 200 yards from the hostel.

The beach in Perissa is beautiful and just 500 yards from the hostel. The beach front restaurants offer great deals with big portions.

We had a lovely stay and toured the island on an ATV.

Would stay at Katerina and John's if I island hop again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank robwick23
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The staff at Katerina and John was very nice. All the employees of this hotel seemed very happy to help. They are right next to an internet cafe, a bakery, a convenience store, and a moped rental shop, which was perfect. Just a short moped ride to the beach too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ReeseLR
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My friend and I stayed with Katerina and John and really enjoyed our visit. Our room was clean, with a basic bathroom, fresh towels a fridge and basic cooking utensils. John was super kind;he picked us up from the airport and dropped us at the port.

The location is wonderful for the black beach. It's easy to catch the buses to Thira and the red beach. There is a scooter/quad bike rental place next door, but we weren't brave enough to ride them around. The wifi worked relatively well in the pool area and the 24 hour bakery is fabulous.

John was so lovely to us, he really made our time in Santorini! Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laura M
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Excellent value, very helpful staff. Exactly what I was looking for

• Stayed June 2012
ann arbor
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I were doing some shoestring traveling and Katerina and John's place was a great deal. Hot showers and a clean room is all we needed and what we got. They also do a ferry pickup and drop-off. We really liked that we could easily rent a scooter next door for a good price and we enjoyed being so close to perissa beach -- make sure you go to Fratzeskos at the end of perissa beach (by the rock) for some freshly caught fish and local cuisine!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rohinic
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I arrived by ferry, and someone from the hotel just happened to be at the port. I was planning on staying here anyway, but don't like to book ahead (I travel in off season). Anyway, everything I needed was provided by them. They have internet cafe and wifi. I was able to rent a 4 wheeler from them at a more then fair price. The room was great with a little kitchen. I ended up getting stranded by weather for a total of 5 days on Santorini and 2 of the days basically stuck in the room. They took VERY good care of me, even ordering food delivery one night as I was unable to get out due to rain and wind. I think I was 1 of 2 guests at one point so the high season you probably won't get quite the personal attention, but they are the type of people that will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. I loved being close to the beaches and it's easy to get to the main tourist spots from here. Also there is a 24 hour bakery just a block away with coffee. This was the perfect way to start my month of traveling!

Room Tip: From my private room on the bottom floor I was able to get wifi in the room!