ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews the main road cleaned every day fira and oia stunning views stairs balcony caldera greek path greece volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2017

We booked a week in a double room with sea view. Nothing disappointed us from the king size bed, fridge, coffee and tea. Air conditioning and heating made it all perfect. Absolutely spotless and updated decor inside and out.
Many thanks to Claudia for our complimentary wine and water and welcome drinks. Also our evening sweet snacks by the pool.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed March 28, 2017

This review is long overdue. We stayed at the apartments May 2016 and can't express how amazing it was. Like most apartments/hotels with a view in Santorini, they are a bit challenging to access, and you must master what seems like a thousand stairs!! However, Agnadema Apartments has someone to help with your luggage upon arrival which is greatly appreciated. We checked in quickly and were served complimentary beverages while we waited. the apartment was spectacular , it was situated right in front of the pool with a balcony and Jacuzzi. The view is undescribable. Words fail me and wouldn't do it justice. The apartment was gorgeous and spacious. We were a family of four with a toddler and had more than enough space. Maria was outstanding offering recommendations and quick to answer any and all questions. Our time in Santorini was not as long as we hoped, so Maria recommended a sail boat tour in order to see as much of the island as possible, and it was a magnificent experience. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the company, but do yourself a favor and take the tour! Watching the sunset on the Aegean Sea is not something I will ever forget . The apartments are located a 10 minute walk from Fira which mean you are removed from the crowds but still close enough. An all encompassing spectacular time. We made amazing memories there and would definitely revisit.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

Before we arrived at the apartments we weren't too excited. The website and photos provided of the apartments don't look like they're going to be 5 star. We were very wrong. Upon arrival we quickly realised the website hadn't been updated in a long time. The whole building looked very modern and very stylish! We were taken to apartment "Raphael", to which we were shocked at how nice it was. There has been a big make over since the website was last updated!
Maria at reception was brilliant and couldn't help up enough with anything we needed. On the day of our arrival we hadn't remembered to give a time in which we would arrive at the apartment, our flight was delayed and she stayed until we arrived at 22:00!
I highly recommend these apartments. It's a very short walk into our favourite town Fira (around 10 minutes). Every apartment has a perfect view of the Caldera and the sunset, which we believe is the best on the island. Nothing better than sitting in the jacuzzi with a beer watching the sun go down.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank AshleyBe1918
Reviewed October 24, 2016

We stayed here in August. We were welcomed by Maria who was friendly and helpful throughout. We had a junior suite which was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had been concerned about the heat but a breeze blew most of the time and the air conditioning in the room was very efficient. The location is amazing with views to die for but far enough from the madding crowds (10-15 minutes walk to Fira centre along the beautiful coast walk). We took to eating on our balcony in the evening to enjoy the sunsets and found tavernas for lunch out. Breakfasts were served on our balcony and were fine but predictable. Maria's home-made cakes were a highlight though!

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Booked this place due to location, view & the good reviews here. The property itself is great - well maintained, clean with a nice Santorini vibe and great views especially of the sunset. The porter & housekeeping are so lovely and work very hard. The pool was nice but always freezing. We stayed in a studio which did not have any more facilities than a hotel room except a sink. No way to heat or cook small meals should that be a consideration.

I am always very particular on choosing rooms and emailed a few times with the hotel including images from the website to ensure we did not have a room that entered directly onto the pool. I was assured that if I booked the room standard specified by them we would not have this, for which I paid more. The hotel has undergone some renovations adding in some new studio rooms which are 2 level with a steep staircase and ground floor opening directly onto the pool. The website has not been updated with these changes. I had all the printed emails with me and discussed the room switch with Athanasia at reception. Although admitting we had not been given the room as described & promised in the emails, there was no attitude of apology or caring.

Whilst on Santorini we were caught up in a 48hour ferry strike. We found this out from other travellers who had been notified by their accomodation (in one case an Airbnb operator). No notification from Agnadema management on this which other guests were also surprised about. Having had similar issues in our travels before I went to reception to ask for advice as I have successfully done before. The attitude from Maria(?) was immediately 'not my problem' and when I pushed back she said 'I am not a travel agent'. Which of course I know and was not expecting her to be. But facing a night without accomodation and no way of getting to the next island I did expect some advice and sympathy. Eventually she did try to assist. Luckily the owner of our next hotel on Milos Island was really on the ball and had already emailed us to advise of the strike and to come up with an awesome solution. So all worked out.

So if you book there (and after looking around I think you can do better) enjoy the property but don't expect any customer service from the front desk - they provide basic admin only - check in/out, transfers etc. I guess with most guests being short stay on Santorini they don't feel the need to provide a better level of customer service despite the price they charge.

Date of stay: September 2016