As it was our first visit to Greece, we were quite apprehensive as there were too many stories in the news about the Greek debt crisis and we were worried about the safety aspects. However all these fears were washed away the minute we step foot at Agnadema Apts at Santorini.
This is the most picturesque place we have been to and I must say I really like our family room facing the caldera. You don't have to go to Oia for expensive sunset dinners but you can stay in the comfort of this apartment to watch the sun go down before heading out for dinner. The sunset was amazing as we sat outside our apartment.
We also received friendly service with a decent spread of food for breakfast. Though the steps at this apartment can be a hindrance to some, however, it was not really that bad. My mum who was aged 75 had no problem climbing the steps. However, I would recommend to pay the porter that came around to carry your luggage up the stairs when you depart. It cost around 5 Euros per piece of luggage and I think it was money worth spending to save your back!
Overall, I hope more people will visit Greece and not be put off by the "horror" stories in the news. Life still goes on as usual in Greece and I think they need all the help from tourists to boost their economy. One local told us that their tourist numbers have dropped 40% and it is such a shame especially the so called "perceived" danger is really non-existent. Greece is a really nice place with helpful people (especially so at the islands) and great food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agnadema Apartments are enjoying an excellent location in the heart of Firostefani, built on the Caldera Cliffs. Firostefani is a quiet and picturesque village , just above Fira, on the hill, the name implies ‘’The Crown of Fira’’ . The hotel offers magnificent panoramic views of the Volcano and the famous Skaros Rock. Mesmerizing sunsets, mysterious shadows at dusk, the deep blue Aegean sea - the magic of Santorini from Agnadema apartments. The Agnadema’s well-appointed and elegantly decorated residences combine elegant tradition with modern comforts . Furthermore the traditional rooms, the family apartments and the marvelous suites can accommodate 2 to 5 persons. The hotel has a swimming pool with Jacuzzi Jet Streams, and a sunbathing terrace with umbrellas & deck chairs for complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Agnadema Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agnadema Apartments Firostefani
- Agnadema Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Agnadema Apartments Santorini/Firostefani