Travelling alone with two young kids can sometimes be unsettling...but the emails back and forth with owner-run Reverie set my mind at ease right away. From the moment of our pick-up and check-in, the warm welcome made us feel right at home. We booked a triple-sharing room right at the front of the hotel (just by the main road) which was lovely and clean. Although I was concerned about the noise from the road initially, my fears proved unfounded as we could hardly hear traffic noise once the air-conditioning was turned on and were able to sleep like logs.
We loved the location - not right smack in busy Fira but a 15-walk via a lovely cobblestone path behind the hotel which we walked every day. Once in Fira, it was easy access to the bus terminal that provided a variety of bus routes to various sights. Although our room did not have a caldera view, we were able to catch this view by simply just walking for one minute on this cobblestone path. The owners gave us suggestions for places to visit and things to do - we did them all and were very pleased with everything (except for the boat tour where we encoutered obonxious staff).
The best thing about Revierie was its warmth and hospitality. We appreciated how we were allowed continued use of the pool after check-out while we waited for our 7 pm ferry ride to Crete. Also, the owner came to our rescue when we found ourselves stranded in town, loaded with groceries without a taxi due to an overload of tourists on the island from cruise ships that day. When the hotplate in our room did not work properly, it was changed within minutes so we could continue with our cooking. We loved our stay here and would undoubtedly choose to stay at Reverie should we visit Santorini again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reverie is situated in Firostefani, only 700 metres away form the central square of Fira and just a few steps from the Caldera side. The hotel has very easy access by the main road (you do not have to walk up and down many steps) and it is very convenient in case you want to rent a motorbike, a car or use the public bus service as the bus stop is just 50 metres away. Free parking is also at your disposal. At the back of the hotel there is the traditional walkway which runs along the Caldera side and leads down to Fira (or up to Imerovigli & Oia) with an amazing view to the sea, the volcano and the breathtaking Caldera. On the hotel premises, there is also a terrace which overlooks both sides of the island and you can enjoy the romantic sunsets and the unique views. At the hotel’s reception, you could very easily book Volcano/Sea excursions & bus tour tickets or rent a car/ motorbike. They will find the best deal for you! All the rooms, with white furniture, combine modern facilities with a traditional charm. The family (born &raised in Santorini) will make you feel safe and comfortable providing you with all the info and tips you need for a memorable stay in Santorini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Reverie Santorini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reverie Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Reverie Santorini Hotel Firostefani