We got married in the Dana Villas and we booked some of my family members here since we can't all fit in one place. All I can say is, "WOW" in terms of excellent service. I've had many great service in Santorini, and found the town to be quite friendly in general, but I'd have to say that Nikolina (the daughter of the owner) has been quite exceptional (more on this later).
Because you are probably reading this to know more details... Our party booked a TOTAL of 9 rooms so we got pretty familiar with the rooms/surrounding... so message me if you have questions about room, etc.
For the good stuff, breakdown on the place:
1. This place is rare since it has the LEAST amount of stairs (important for us since some of my family members have bad knees); The "Suite" rooms have stairs though since it's at the top for the view (beware of the narrow rounded stair in case that is a problem for you; book the bottom rooms if you don't need a view)
2. Convenient location:
- If you go to the back gate, it leads to the beautiful caldera view path that goes to town of Fira where you can look at jewelry (they even have a 'gold road'), get cheap food, and buy trinkets
- If you don't want to walk too far, there is a restaurant next to it (Pirouni) and a mini store for water, bread, etc; In general, restaurants by the caldera are more expensive due to view... so cheaper ones are on the main road
- If you follow the path from the front of the apartments (main road), you can rent Quads and mini car and go to cheaper restaurants (there is also a 24-hour bakery on the main road that we loved!)
3. You can cook if you don't want to go to restaurant... the rooms are all suites so it comes with a fridge and a small stove -- they also offer breakfast for a fee in the AM if you get lazy to cook
4. Clean and beautiful rooms/surroundings -- the staff is quite friendly and even when our family was creating a lot of mess (due to wedding preparation, etc), they just smiled and kept things in order, even though we've created quite a few things to clean up! :)
5. Inexpensive rooms, especially compared to what's around the area (perfect for my friends and family who were on a budget... it's totally worth getting the cheaper room and doing activities all over Santorini -- plus, the rooms are nice!!)
Honest and EXCEPTIONAL Service (mostly Nikolina helped us and her dad picked the guests from the airport):
1. They booked our shuttle rides for only 4 euros a person and they didn't even accept any of the tip we gave them! -- quite cheap compared to other shuttle services (I booked many shuttle rides for friends in Santorini so I know)
2. They reserved the rooms w/out fees, even though we weren't sure how many we needed yet just so we can coordinate with our group in our own time. She even gave everyone in the party a group discount b/c there were many of us.
3. I told Nikolina that I wanted to buy breakfasts every day for every guest that stayed in our party.. Instead of just swiping my credit card to pay for all guests for each day (which would have been in their favor).... She said that she'll just keep a tally since some may not even want the breakfast... so that I don't have to pay when they don't want to eat and can save some money :)
4. They offered any help they can in terms of coordinating guests with our wedding (shuttle rides, activities, etc)... and I was soooo pleased with how nice, friendly, responsive, and generally awesome they are that I even gave Nikolina a 60 euros tip (her dad also refused any shuttle tips), which she adamantly refused!
All she said was, "As long as you had a great stay and we've done our job, then that is all that is needed." -- I loved that kind of pride in ones establishment... very rare nowadays in this fast-paced world!
All I can say is... with more places like this, it makes having a vacation so wonderful. I'm also glad to have met a lovely family that takes pride in their service to others. MANY THANKS!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reverie is situated in Firostefani, only 700 metres away form the central square of Fira and just a few steps from the Caldera side. The hotel has very easy access by the main road (you do not have to walk up and down many steps) and it is very convenient in case you want to rent a motorbike, a car or use the public bus service as the bus stop is just 50 metres away. Free parking is also at your disposal. At the back of the hotel there is the traditional walkway which runs along the Caldera side and leads down to Fira (or up to Imerovigli & Oia) with an amazing view to the sea, the volcano and the breathtaking Caldera. On the hotel premises, there is also a terrace which overlooks both sides of the island and you can enjoy the romantic sunsets and the unique views. At the hotel’s reception, you could very easily book Volcano/Sea excursions & bus tour tickets or rent a car/ motorbike. They will find the best deal for you! All the rooms, with white furniture, combine modern facilities with a traditional charm. The family (born &raised in Santorini) will make you feel safe and comfortable providing you with all the info and tips you need for a memorable stay in Santorini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Reverie Santorini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reverie Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Reverie Santorini Hotel Firostefani