Our first experience with Blue Dolphin was not a good way to start. We booked our reservations through Blue Dolphins' website, which stated that a rental car would be provided for free for two days and that one night's accomedations would be billed in advance to our credit card. When we received our email confirmation, we discovered two nights had been billed of our three night stay. When we emailed the manager, he never responded to why he had overcharged. He also did not mention the free car rental, so we inquired on that as well and showed his proof on his website. He acknowledged that the website stated this, but said it should have been taken down two months before and offered us only one day of free car rental. We accepted this offer, but were not pleased with either of the two misstatements on the website and a manager not willing to live by information in the public domain. It is not the customer's fault that he did not correct his website and his excuse was quite lame!
The hotel is located on a very beautiful stretch around the caldera. It is most pretty in the morning, but you can not see the sunset from the balcony, as the other hotel blocks your view.
The rooms are very basic - no frills at all. We had problems with our bathroom plumbing each of the three days we stayed. The first was the water heater that tripped the circuit, the second day was scalding hot sink water and the lukewarm showers every day.
The breakfast is included in the price of the room, and is the same everyday. Hard boiled egg, bread, cheese, ham, sweet bread and yogurt. The condiments are honey and the homemade jams, which are quite good.
I would recommend this hotel, but only if someone is looking for a low-budget, no frills option. If I were to visit Santorini again, I would book a hotel that had a pool and/or hot tub. However, I would stay in Firostefani again, as it had a better sunset than Oia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani