“Excellent quiet location with superb views and wonderful sunsets.”

Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned this week from a wonderful 8 days at Grand View Hotel in Megalochiro Santorini the sister hotel of Blue Dolphins which we visited whilst there and again wonderful views,closer to Fira and smaller only 9 rooms.When we return next year will almost certainly have time there as well,after our experience of Grand View...cannot find this hotel on your listings?

Anyway this hotel is located in a much quieter part of the island a short walk to the local typical Greek village of Megalochori with a number of good Tavernas and quaint cobbled streets.The views/sunsets are stunning,the owner Alex and his staff Including Darak the chef who is a superb cook,so good that we eat in 7 out of the 8 nights!..basically will prepare what you want,particularly local fresh fish,pastas,steaks,chicken,pork etc,delicious Greek salads etc....always service with a smile!..,he runs the small pool bar also where there are a good variety of snacks available during the day.We also arranged some trips around the island utilising Christoss another lovely member of staff rather than Taxis etc,very reasonable,a wealth of local knowledge and good company.
We intend to return to these hotels next year and thanks to Alex and his staff for making us welcome and enjoying a relaxing time...roll on 2015!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank PeterG878
There are newer reviews for Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Blue Dolphins is such a great place to stay in Santorini, near enough to Fira but far enough from the crowds. I have a visited Santorini a few times and Blue Dolphins has the most amazing sunset view overlooking the old volcano. Additionally, the hotel has great staff and management that delivers on its promises and more. My host Dennis was very helpful and informative and really made my stay a memorable one. My room had a large terrace and deck chairs to enjoy the wonderful view of this amazing island. The room was clean and tidy; the breakfast was ample. I cannot wait to return to Blue Dolphins during my next visit to Santorini!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Thanks the reception so kind and nice gave us wonderful service and lovely room. Providing amazing views and the variety types of breakfast!! I will be back again!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank WenChun C
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice view with the incredible price. We've been extended our check out time to stay longer to wait for our ferry to Athens. This hotel is the best choice in Santorini. The reception is extremely friendly. He answered and gave great suggestion from our question.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Winson C
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I visit Santorini every 2 months for my work. Winter and summer.
I like staying at Bluedolphins, as it is close to the center, has comfortable rooms with terraces and view to the caldera and ocean and volcano.
I am alone, so they make better prices for single use rooms. The breakfast has many Greek products like cheese, jams yogurt and fruits.
The wifi was strong at my room. Dennis at the reception is always smiling and ready to help for anything I ask.
There is a pool in their sister hotel, 7 minutes walking distance that I used once. The transferred me there for free and I came back walking
It was really relaxing to have a drink and watch the sunset.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Spent four nights there in October. Friendly staff , professional but also with that human touch that makes every guest feeling at home. Breakfast was wonderful, the room spacious, comfortable and with an amazing view!
The pool area was lovely, drinks and snacks at the pool bar a highlight of our vacation!
The place is breathtaking and the sunsets you experience out of this world!! GRAND SUNSETS!!!
Make sure not to miss the Blue Dolphins tour! Either Thomas or Christos will take you in 4 to 5 hours little tour around the island unveiling for you every little magical corner of Santorini! Not to mention the wine you gonna taste or the food!! A must do!
Thank you all !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goul C
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Third time I stayed at this magnificent place. I really like Santorini but I also love this amazing little hotel on the cliff of Firostefani village. Traditional little place , very well decorated , genuine and not tacky with excellent staff and probably the best view on the island since it is built at the highest spot of the village ( Firostefani) You can be in your bed laying and still enjoy this extraordinary view!!!
I chose to spend 3 days in March cause unfortunately my summer vacation due to my work will be late summer this year.
Weather did not help at all. Cold and windy which is logical on the island in March.( winter) My room was very warm ( excellent heating) and reception made sure to have extra blankets just in case. ( I didn't use them I was actually in my t-shirt inside the room)
Hot water available all three days of my staying no matter the small electricity problems the whole island faced during those days. They offered me also a bottle of exquisite Vinsanto wine that special wine of the island. Not to mention that I had my breakfast brought to me every morning in my room.
The satellite TV they have also in every room helped me not to miss the champions league games I wanted to watch since I couldn't go out due to the weather.
All in all another perfect stay at this little paradise place!!
I will definately come back! What am I saying?? Am actually doing it!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tommy6717
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Dana Villas Hotel & Suites
Dana Villas Hotel & Suites
#6 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!