We just left Santorini after a wonderful and relaxing stay in the Cavana Cave House at Blue Dolphins. The house was perfect for our family of four. (Parents and two college students). It is large with 2 bathrooms and a separate bedroom for us, fully equipped kitchen, lots of hot water, fresh towels daily (additional beach towels daily). Also a private lower deck with picnic table where we had dinner and appetizers and a private upper deck with lounge chairs and a lovely upper view. Dennis and Alexis were great hosts and very helpful in suggesting visits around the island. The ladies laid out a lovely island breakfast each morning with plenty of fruit, yogurt, local honey, breads, eggs, cheeses, coffee, fresh juices etc. Firostefani is a perfect location with quick access to the entire island (oia and black beach both by 15-20 minutes by car). Our teenagers could walk into Fira in the evening, we also walked to imerovigli to watch the sunset one evening, made our requisite trip to oia and had plenty of time to visit black beach, red beach, megalochori, and enjoy a fabulous hike up to ancient thira. The day we checked out we spent the afternoon at the sister hotel (the grand view) near the port to enjoy the afternoon by the pool. If you are looking for a quieter spot on the southern part of the island the grand view is beautiful with a pool overlooking the sea - if we came back for a week we would spend half at blue dolphins in Firostefani and half at the grand view!! Look no further -- book your trip here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani