My boyfriend and I had a 6 night vacation in the Greek Islands and out of the 3 hotels I booked, I was most excited about this hotel. I did a ton of research, and chose to stay here for 2 nights in the top apartment behind the blue gate with the large terrace. I must say, I was a bit underwhelmed. Yes - the view to the left (Firostefani/Thira) is quite nice and found many tourists climbing on our balcony to take pictures of our view. But the view to the right, is a building which blocks any view of the sunset. And the windows of other rooms are right on top of you, to a point that it didn't feel very private. The room itself was spacious and the bathroom had good, running hot water. The bed left something to be desired and the pillows were very lumpy, to the point where I used a sweatshirt to help prop it up. We did not try the breakfast, so no comment there, we instead went to the local market 5 minutes away and spent a few euros for fresh fruit and yogurt and ate on our terrace. It does not have a pool, but there is a small pool a good 25min walk away that you can use that has nice views and OK cocktails. The B&B is on the edge of Firostefani, in kind of peculiar area, not necessarily where I thought it would be based on the pictures online. There was a little parking area/trash area outside the walk way, and Thira about 20 minute walk (with lots of stairs). Based on the money and the other hotels we stayed at, I think you can find a better value on the island - with similar views, better location, and cheaper price. Santorini is beautiful, but I would not recommend a friend to this specific hotel nor in Firastefani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani