We booked the romantic suite with a balcony, and ended up staying the in the "Mykonos" room on the top floor. The view from this room is simply AMAZING. The pictures attached are from there and speak for themselves. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room plenty big, and the balcony fantastic with a sunset view (no need to go to Oia). The room was so nice, we actually decided NOT to do the red sand beach or the volcano cruise simply because with a room this nice, why bother going all the way across the island to relax? A bottle of wine, some tirokafteri and crackers, and a couple olives and there is little reason to leave.
Dennis in the office was great and offered up some recommendations for places to eat that were pretty good. The hotel itself is located a modest walk away from Fira (10-15 minutes by foot, which can feel a little longer when the sun is on you) and there are a couple good restaurants and corner stores within 5 minutes from the hotel. There's also a bus stop about 5-7 minutes from the hotel which will take you out to Oia or back to the main station in Fira. The 20 euro hotel transfer from the port is an ok deal. By transit, it will cost you about 5 euro per person and you'll have to lug stuff. It's easily doable, 20 is a reasonable enough price for multiple people.
My only word of warning is that this is not a good place for people who are mobility impaired: The hotel is down about 30 feet of steps and then it's more steps to go back up. If you're in a wheelchair or have difficulty with stairs, you might, unfortunately, have to consider somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani