We have just returned from spending a week in this splendid hotel. The view from our terrace (rm 106) was breathtaking; the room itself was well appointed and spacious. There are many (many) steps but this is a small price to pay for the location and is typical for the villages perched on the edge of the caldera. The breakfast was simple but adequate and delivered outside, overlooking the caldera and volcano, spectacular. The staff at the hotel are knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.
There are a few restaurants near the hotel but we often walked into Fira (10-15 mins) where there is a wider choice. The restaurants with the good views tended to be more expensive but there were slightly cheaper options further in land. For a super cheap snack try a Gyros from Obelix take away, very tasty.
I would recommend Acrotiri and Oia, we visited using the bus service which we easy and cheap, although the bus station was busy and don’t expect an orderly queue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a selection of 23 open plan cave-like studios and suites, ranging from the intimate to the truly magnificent and all ideally mix tradition with contemporary facilities. All rooms are newly refurbished in beautiful vivid tones, conveying a sense of comfort, warmth and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cliff Side Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Side Hotel Firostefani
- Cliff Side Firostefani
- Cliffside Suites Santorini
- Cliff Side Suites Santorini/Firostefani